Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

It kinda bugs me that the Generations line so far is about 50% repaints/retools, so I think I'm limiting myself to only one figure per mold at full retail (minus the Combaticons and Starscream's inevitable Seekers). Oh, and Fireflight, because he looks nothing like Shockwave and looks great. Point is I'll be skipping Optimus and Jazz in favor of Magnus and Sideswipe.No, I'm not counting the Asia-exclusives... there are too many of those that I want...

I kinda had a feeling that that was what was going to happen when they announced the "forty new Generations toys!" a while back. Hopefully that's not counting the former Asia-exclusives and maybe we can get a nice triple-changing voyager Blitzwing?

plop

It kinda bugs me that the Generations line so far is about 50% repaints/retools, so I think I'm limiting myself to only one figure per mold at full retail (minus the Combaticons and Starscream's inevitable Seekers). Oh, and Fireflight, because he looks nothing like Shockwave and looks great. Point is I'll be skipping Optimus and Jazz in favor of Magnus and Sideswipe.No, I'm not counting the Asia-exclusives... there are too many of those that I want...
Honestly, there aren't many of the FoC figures I want. I've already got a Cybertronian Prime, who I prefer. I mean, he's capable of being outfitted with so many weapons. I don't like the Jazz. So far, I'm really just going to get Magnus, Shockwave, the Combaticons, the Wreckers, Fireflight and the Seekers. And Kickback. Oh, and Grimlock.I'm rather bummed that the figures are mostly FoC. I mean, it wouldn't bug me so much if they weren't rather lackluster. And with prices rising, and quality falling.....
I kinda had a feeling that that was what was going to happen when they announced the "forty new Generations toys!" a while back. Hopefully that's not counting the former Asia-exclusives and maybe we can get a nice triple-changing voyager Blitzwing?
I expected a lot of repaints too. What I didn't expect was mostly FoC toys. ANd honestly, I gave up looking for a good, Classics, Blitzwing. I don't think they're gonna do it.I find I'm buying fewer and fewer of the new figures. Partly because they don't reach me, but I'm just not interested in a lot of them. I'm collecting Prime, but the figures have horrible distribution in my area. Actually, I predict that in the future, most of my money will be going to third party groups like Fansproject.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I really like Herc, but he's just too expensive for me. I also really dig Giant, who is actually something I might be able to afford.Insider information says FP is working on Menasor, though.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

you know what i think Hasbro should do? release a case with just vehicons and ratchets. (maybe arcees, but i don't think those are very sought after. just friggin impossible to find.) and just ruin the scalpers.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Today has been such a wonderful day in the Transformers world. I had no idea Hasbro was putting the SDCC Bruticus and Rust In Peace Cliffjumper in the store today and now they are all sold out! Then I go to Target and manage to grab the last FoC Jazz to come home and transform him into car mode to find his tire missing! And I had already destroyed the box -_-

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

Today has been such a wonderful day in the Transformers world. I had no idea Hasbro was putting the SDCC Bruticus and Rust In Peace Cliffjumper in the store today and now they are all sold out! Then I go to Target and manage to grab the last FoC Jazz to come home and transform him into car mode to find his tire missing! And I had already destroyed the box -_-
ouch. though i believe bruticus was sold out before he was in the shop.talk to hasbro about your jazz, i did the same thing for my generations jackie, and got him replaced.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well I heard he was sold out at the event and read elsewhere they had him in stock cause people ordered him, and for real? I sent in a message thinking it wouldn't work but you just have made me happy with that, hope they do for me as well!

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

Bruticus was put up and sold out within 3-4 minutes at 12:07 PM.During what should have been lunch hour on the east coast... Where the guys putting it up were based. (They've been known to shut off phones during then even.)I was having my lunch break. My dad distracted me long enough to stop refreshing on my phone.I stalked HTS for three days and got nothing.Probably never getting a Bruticus now since retail and G2 just do not appeal to me in the least.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

They thought the bright colors would attract young kids more.My experience shows they really care about their toys looking like their source as well. "I want the Optimus from _____!"I don't understand their logic. Yes, it makes sense a little bit. But not when you add in the fact that it's a toy based on something else.But seriously G2 should've been the SDCC exclusive.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

To be fair, retail Bruticus is a homage to Energon Bruticus Maximus. And yes, that did warm me up to it a little...From a business standpoint, it was the best choice. The in-game colors are dark and drab, which has been proven to not attract kids and generally not sell well (brown sets in Bionicle, anyone?), so they take a relevant yet much brighter color scheme for the retail version because it's the one they need to sell the most of. They'll sell the game-accurate version at a higher price at Comic-Con, because selling it there in lower numbers caters directly to collectors. The G2 repaint is an interesting case, as it also appears to be directed entirely at collectors, what with the blatant G2-throwback box.It doesn't make it any less dumb Hasblow, though.

how? that guy is neon. *looks at top of bookcase*but for some reason i just can't not love him.i loved him before. but now...7601880208_baae1667ee.jpgIMAG0004.jpg by bumblecade, on Flickrhe's just stupifyingly amazing!

Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Whoa, even just the silver wheels makes it look so much better.You know, why did we never get a Swindle out of that mold? With the right head and deco, I think it'd look great.
yeah, but the reprolabels add... i don't know what to call it really.and i theink i'm going a bit ballistic with my silver sharpie. i chromed his wheels his front guard his seats and the stuff on the bottom of each side, and ravages missiles. and barricades rims. and ratchets rims... and some stuff on ha bbi saw someone somewhere convert it into something that could charitably be called a robot that might look a little bit like swindle if you where blind. i, dont know why the guy destroyed a perfectly good mold.that's awesome. i did a google image search for hound and found a modded one that looked like a halo warthog that transforms into a halo spartan. Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Hey, so I'm currently in a deal where I'm getting an SDCC Bruticus, but I don't quite have enough right now on my PayPal account. I just need ten dollars or so to cover the shipping. Can anyone here help me out? I'll pay you back, of course; it's just a matter of doing a transfer, which takes time, which I don't exactly have. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

plop

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!I still completley stand by my stance that making the accurate deco exclusive is stupid... But...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!I happened to keep looking around forums and HTS today after making it a habit for three days. And managed to be on just as everything - literally every exclusive (even Derpy lasted a while!) - was restocked. So I got me a Bruticus! :DAnd I got the seller of one on eBay where I was the highest bidder to cancel my bid lol. So no extra charges.Now how to explain to my parents why I'll be getting such a giant box. XD~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

My brother was lucky enough to snag a SDCC Bruticus. One per household, so none for me. Like I said, retail for me.Plus, purple Blastoff is glorious. I'm a sucker for purple.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Anyone know where I can buy FE TF:Prime figures, such as FE Deluxe Bumblebee and FE Voyager Optimus Prime?
They'll be returning to TRUs during the fall and winter seasons, though places like BigBadToyStore and Amazon probably still have some FE 'Bees left for about retail price.

plop

Found Prime and Jazz at TRU! I'm actually liking Prime a lot more than Jazz, actually. Just loving that vehicle mode for some reason.No Shockwave, sadly.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)