Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I think only XBox got the demo for WFC. Not sure though.Anyway, we ended up ordering Airachnid from HTS. With my luck, I'd never see her in stores, so best to spring on the chance. I know she's not the greatest figure, but I want to complete my Decepticon cast.Also got FOC Shockwave along with her. Now I just have to wait for the order to arrive.Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I'm not wasting my money on Airachnid. I just don't understand how a toy with this horrid level of engineering could even pass for a Transformer released in 2012. It's incomprehensible. Airachnid makes RID Bumblebee look like MP-10.I'm still holding out for more Vehicons. Y'know, IF I HAD ONE.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I'm only getting Airachnid, like I said, to complete the 'Con cast. Plus, I like helicopters.Otherwise, yeah, I agree with you. Which is why I waited until I could get her at retail. There was no way I was going to pay scalper prices. And like I already said, since I doubt I'll find her in stores, ordering her was my only chance.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

IC:Turns out Hasbro is out of FoC Jazz so now need to wait till they get it in stock to get the figure -_- also got my TFCC magazine today and I cannot wait to join the figure subscription service. Ultra Mammoth, Slipstream, and Scourge are easily the three beast figures offered

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

IC:Turns out Hasbro is out of FoC Jazz so now need to wait till they get it in stock to get the figure -_- also got my TFCC magazine today and I cannot wait to join the figure subscription service. Ultra Mammoth, Slipstream, and Scourge are easily the three beast figures offered
Could you offer some details on that? I imagine it was explained in the latest magazine. Like when you can subscribe, if you need to be a current TFCC subscriber, how much it's gonna cost, etc.?~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I know, I was like ??? I know my Target has him in stock just send me a check and I'll go buy him. As for details about the service all they gave us were images of Circuit and Scrouge, the titles of all the characters, and finally to look for more info in coming months :( didn't answer really any of your questions in the issue :(

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

I know, I was like ??? I know my Target has him in stock just send me a check and I'll go buy him. As for details about the service all they gave us were images of Circuit and Scrouge, the titles of all the characters, and finally to look for more info in coming months :( didn't answer really any of your questions in the issue :(
Ha, it doesn't sound like they answered any questions. That's pretty much what we were told when it was revealed at BotCon months ago.I still don't know if I even want it to be honest...I know I'll sell the Animated Jackpot for sure. And with some rabid Animated fans out there, it's sure to sell.Slipstream I'd probably keep as a representation of her WFC version, which would be cool.I have pretty much no connection to Circuit, and being a remold of a movie figure I'm not so sure how well it'd fit in with my Classics shelf. So it would probably get sold too..Breakdown? Eh yeah, I'd keep that, even though it's a repeat mold for my collection, that mold is everywhere and is pretty much impossible to avoid lol.Ultra Mammoth seems cool. He really does. But it's the only original character, which may detract a bit from it... But I have sort of wanted a Big Convoy (and Leo Convoy) just to have all the Beast Primes. So I kind of want this one.Scourge I want. I've been avoiding redecos/remolds so far in reviving my collectiong and while I have Laser Prime, I'd have skipped it in a heartbeat if I knew Scourge was coming for sure.Eh, I just don't know.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well, I'm glad TFSource has that order stacking option, as I managed to snag the AM Unicron along with the FP Stormbomb and Backfiery figures as well as a few others. Unicron's a bit of a gamble, since I've not seen any clear shots, but I've a feeling he should be pretty cool. Still tempted to get Megatron Darkness, who's way better-looking than his CGI images made him out to be, and his Microns are also really cool (Hades is bigger than his Cyberverse counterpart, it seems. Perhaps he should be considered a Macron?). Oh well. Still have some time before I get any of these, since MP-13's also in the stack, but I'm definitely looking forward to these new figures!

Edited by Swindle

plop

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be picking it up around 2 in the afternoon after taking care of some other business.That's way too late in the day and I have things I need to do in the evening. I need more time to game. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Just got it. My brother's playing it currently, though. I have to wait.Looking at the levels, I'm sad to say there isn't one for Soundwave it seems...Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

There's so many returning characters that it makes me incredibly disappointed that you can't choose who you play as. :( And I know that Optimus and Megatron are central figures, but they really should have had just one level each because of that. It would have opened up plenty more possibilities.I've gotten to Chapter 4 so far. While fun, it seems to be a bit too easy actually. :/ And I am playing on hard. So the game's going by fast.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I've played up to about a third of a way through FOC's sixth chapter by now. I got annoyed of screwing myself over and dying.Though I have to admit, the ending action to the third chapter was highly amusing.

Controlling Metroplex's fist to slam down on Megatron over and over again until he's a sparking wreak? Priceless xDAlthough knowing the ending, he's coming back eventually. I'd like to see how.

Also, I love Jazz's voice. And the funny little comments Teletran makes when you sign in and out of the store.-Inferna

Edited by Inferna Firesword

You've gotten farther than I.I'm still on the fourth section, controlling Cliffjumper. I was confused as to how to play through that section for a while, but I eventually figured it out. What does everybody think of the new version of Escalation?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I've played up to about a third of a way through FOC's sixth chapter by now. I got annoyed of screwing myself over and dying.Though I have to admit, the ending action to the third chapter was highly amusing.

Controlling Menasor's fist to slam down on Megatron over and over again until he's a sparking wreak? Priceless xDAlthough knowing the ending, he's coming back eventually. I'd like to see how.

Also, I love Jazz's voice. And the funny little comments Teletran makes when you sign in and out of the store.-Inferna

Menasor =/= Metroplex. :PYeah, playing doing that was just somehow toooons of fun. Made the frustrating level (...which I guess was only frustrating because I kept trying for the level achievement on hard instead of replaying on easy later for them all lol) much more enjoyable.And it explains why he gets a totally new body! At least he has a reason for one! *coughOptimuscough*

I've not tried Escalation yet and probably won't until I finish campaign.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well, I caved and bought it today. Made it to Jazz's level (where you're in Shockwave's house) before I had to quit. I'm really enjoying it so far. It's just challenging enough without being too easy, and everything just seems like a step up from WFC. I especially like Jazz and Cliffjumper's interactions.

Oh, and I was lol'ing the entire time Metroplex was smashing Megatron.

I'll play that tomorrow-ish. I want to control Bruticus first. :PWhat's your opinion on it, Kray?-Inferna
I'm not 100% sure yet.I've only played it a few times, and those times were with foolish other players, but it seems pretty good. I haven't decided if I like the original or this one better yet.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Got FOC yesterday afternoon, and I've already gotten to the 3rd-last level (X, XI? Where you play as Screamer).Interactions are great, but the Campaign has almost 0 variety with character choice... I'm not a huge fan of the grapple-gimmick for example, but I'm forced to use characters who have it across multiple levels... and everyone has Dash what's up with that?

Dark Energon seems to be almost entirely ignored in this game. I've yet to see any, and I've only heard it mentioned a few times (though they have some as Soundwave uses some on Megatron) You can't totally ignore that stuff!.Excellent Transformers the Movie scene afterwards.I'm really sad they wrote Trypticon and Omega Supreme out of the story (Omega is in stasis, Trypticon rediscovered only to be turned into the Nemesis, apparently permanetly), so much potential but they get booted just to put Metroplex in... I was so excited to see them again too.THERE IS NO FUSION CANNON IN THE GAME. WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS "RIOT CANNON" YOU FOOLS?!

Really mad at my EB games as well, I didn't get my pre-order bonuses because "we didn't get any PS3 pre-order codes yet", and apparently this happened last year too and it took a month to fix. So it may be a long while before I see my G1 Prime, Swoop, Shockwave Cannon, etc. Not happy :(

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Finished Ch 3. School and whatnot is forcing me to play a level per day. Not that I mind as it'll keep me playing for a while.So, yeah. Game's good. I find it to be of a decent difficulty at medium. I still die, but not over and over, so it doesn't get frustrating.Oh, and the Teletraan Store is awesome. I love the comments it makes. Especially when it calls Optimus "Orion Pax".Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

So I mostly take back what I said about moving too quickly. Chapter 4 was a fantastic change of pace and probably my favorite level so far. Chapter 5 also seemed to be decently lengthy.Also, I can't believe they're releasing the pre-order bonuses as DLC. AGAIN. :uhuh: ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Finished the game.

I beat it as Optimus, though I'll be back to finish as Megatron. That said, I like how the perspective kept changing. First Soundwave (plus his minions), then Jetfire, then Bruticus (yay), then Jazz beating Bruticus, then the big bosses. I loved it.

After playing a few rounds of Escalation, I've got mixed feelings. While I like that it's capped at 15 waves so I know when we're done, at the same time part of the appeal of WFC's Escalation was seeing how far me and a team could go. As well, I'm not sure if I like that we have a limited pool of characters to pull from. They work well, yeah, but ...I dunno. Anyone else care to chime in?-Inferna