Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I have been. It's a shame Prime's ending so soon, since we won't have anything until October for its direct-to-DVD movie to wrap things up. But the plot on that sounds very interesting.But then after that literally nothing until the next movie... That's gonna suck.At least the new Generations toys revealed recently look awesome. Definitely getting myself a Rhinox.Also, just picked up Blaster and the Ratbat/Frenzy pack the other day after finally settling on the price my comic book shop had them at. The data disks are rather fun. And I'm glad I got this mold as Blaster, because it truly is too similar to the original WFC Deluxe. There are improvements made besides being just larger, but it's generally the same. And that Deluxe Soundwave doesn't look too bad with Ratbat and Frenzy I must say, even though they were scaled for him to be a Voyager.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Sad to see TFP go, it was really great.

I hope we finally get a full-on Optimus vs Megatron fight, with no more deus ex machinas or intervention from outside, ending in Megatron's death. The other fights were great, but they always left you wondering what would happen if they had a straight-up fight at the peak of their power.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I was hoping badly that Grimwing would show up in the show. Hopefully the rest of the Predacons actually appear in the movie and not as some huge drone army of tiny Predaking clones.

The Covenant of Primus looks really nice, but my wallet is crying right now because of that price. I'm wondering if the book has some pages on the Thirteen directly taken from the Binder of Revelation.

Armada Starscream is probably my favorite version of the character, but the toy lacks those iconic wings that turn into swords. The headsculpt also looks pretty strange.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

At least two new Predacons appears in the movie, with one of them supposedly being Vertebreak. The other model does look like Grimwing, but the coloring in the preview makes him look much more like the silver-and-blue recolor whose name I can't remember right now.I'm still also disappointed more didn't show up in the series proper, but they were well over budget.---According to somebody in the industry I've talked to, the next show is probably going to be a big disappointment. At least in terms of design, it's going to be a whole lot more like Rescue Bots. They were literally told "make them have as simple as possible, then add detail." Not sure on the story just yet, so I'll watch it at first for that. But it also doesn't give me hope for the future of the toys. So much for the simplified designs just being a thing to make the Beast Hunters line last.. HA...---The only thing that bugs me about the Deluxe Armada Starscream are his swords. Why couldn't they have been the wings? That's show accurate and even the original toy did it. I don't get why they'd make that change.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

At least two new Predacons appears in the movie, with one of them supposedly being Vertebreak. The other model does look like Grimwing, but the coloring in the preview makes him look much more like the silver-and-blue recolor whose name I can't remember right now.I'm still also disappointed more didn't show up in the series proper, but they were well over budget.---According to somebody in the industry I've talked to, the next show is probably going to be a big disappointment. At least in terms of design, it's going to be a whole lot more like Rescue Bots. They were literally told "make them have as simple as possible, then add detail." Not sure on the story just yet, so I'll watch it at first for that. But it also doesn't give me hope for the future of the toys. So much for the simplified designs just being a thing to make the Beast Hunters line last.. HA...---The only thing that bugs me about the Deluxe Armada Starscream are his swords. Why couldn't they have been the wings? That's show accurate and even the original toy did it. I don't get why they'd make that change.~|ET|~

Are we talking deluxe and voyager sized cyberverse? I really hope that's not a permanent thing. Seriously. What genius thought that was a good idea?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Are we talking deluxe and voyager sized cyberverse? I really hope that's not a permanent thing. Seriously. What genius thought that was a good idea?

No idea yet. That's what I fear them doing, as the "overly simple" approach the animators were told to take in making the show would line up with that approach for the toys.It's all a response to parental complaints that the movie toys were too complicated. Which many were, granted. But nothing has been ridiculous with Prime and Generations at all. It seems like the people who made the call took too long without realizing changes were already being made.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

No idea yet. That's what I fear them doing, as the "overly simple" approach the animators were told to take in making the show would line up with that approach for the toys.It's all a response to parental complaints that the movie toys were too complicated. Which many were, granted. But nothing has been ridiculous with Prime and Generations at all. It seems like the people who made the call took too long without realizing changes were already being made.~|ET|~

I will admit, ROTF had some insane transformation schemes(OP, Terradive). But I for one like those. But Prime and even DOTM mostly corrected that issue as you said.

And the Human Alliance figures where just awesome.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Oh hey, TFW's reporting it now. I'm pretty active on Tokunation and have seen a lot of Potato's posts there/interacted with him before, and he does seem pretty legitimate.Missed the finale of Prime tonight since I was out, but fortunately I recorded it. Will be getting to that shortly... Heh, can't wait to see how much Bee talks. I hope it's more than just the one scene from the teaser.~|ET|~Edit: ALTHOUGH, he did just let us know that it's actually the replacement FOR Rescue Bots that he was told about, not Prime. Bit of miscommunication. That does make more sense with the direction he said they were going.

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not mad with it. There was a tiiiny bit of open-endedness with Predaking, but that's being addressed later. Besides that, most things were quite resolved. Which I must say I'm very happy with compared to some other cartoons recently rushed into ending.And the twist I think you're referring to... Yep, didn't see it coming, but didn't mind it at all.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

Spoilers for Deadlock below:

At least Bumblebee's voice fits him now. Movie Bumblebee's voice sounded out of place for the kid-appeal character. I wonder what they'll do with Knock Out in the movie though. Pretty sure they'll just stick him in a cell and have a small cameo/comic relief scene in the the background. I'm hoping Galvatron shows up in some way, thought its unlikely since the end of the show means the end of the Prime toyline, right?

I also just saw the Predacons Rising teaser. It'd be pretty disappointing if the Predacon shown was Darksteel. Someone mentioned that Darksteel might have been a homage to Deathsaurus from Victory. The other Predacon actually looks more like Skystalker in beast mode but the darkness skews the coloring. His robot mode resembles Lazerback/Vertebreak's though. Either that or all the Predacons get a uniform color scheme.

The most frustrating part of the finale was that the majority of the twist's impact was essentially spoiled by their whole "BUMBLEBEE TALKS GUYS IT'S SO AWESOME" thing at Comic Con. But whatever, it was still a pretty great finale, especially in light of all the show's shortcomings.

Also, just to give a bit of clarification on the simplified toys thing, Hasbro has stated that the upscaled Cyberverse figures were just the easiest and quickest way to test the concept; future figures will be designed to fit the pricepoint. Also, Generations will be completely unaffected by the simplifications, just the TV shows and possibly (most likely) the upcoming movie.

(and come on guys srsly the comics are where it's at with Transformers)

Also, it looks like my Masterpiece collection just got a bit more... logical...

rsz_img_5839.jpg

Edited by Stryker055

The most frustrating part of the finale was that the majority of the twist's impact was essentially spoiled by their whole "BUMBLEBEE TALKS GUYS IT'S SO AWESOME" thing at Comic Con. But whatever, it was still a pretty great finale, especially in light of all the show's shortcomings.

Also, just to give a bit of clarification on the simplified toys thing, Hasbro has stated that the upscaled Cyberverse figures were just the easiest and quickest way to test the concept; future figures will be designed to fit the pricepoint. Also, Generations will be completely unaffected by the simplifications, just the TV shows and possibly (most likely) the upcoming movie.

(and come on guys srsly the comics are where it's at with Transformers)

Also, it looks like my Masterpiece collection just got a bit more... logical...

rsz_img_5839.jpg

I hate that you have that and I can't own a single masterpiece... So expensive. I want soundwave and this guy.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

If it's any consolation, I broke the LED switch in his head the second day of owning him. Third party toys have gotten extremely good, quality-wise, but they're still not totally polished like a mainline Hasbro toy.

Soundwave is proving to be very difficult. He hasn't shown up on the east coast yet, and nobody's really sure when he will. Odds are I'll only get one shot at finding one... I really hate Toys R Us Masterpiece releases.

Edited by Stryker055

No... Not really... Though if you don't want him because of that... (Kidding)

I've heard. I would take almost any masterpiece, but I can't afford them or find them.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Alright, it seems once again I'm considering to dive into transformers collecting for the very first time, and I could use some help. The last time I was contemplating this was when Prime was about to release, but once I found out how pathetically tiny the toys were, I flat out refused to invest any money in the line. However, I've never seen an Animated toy in person, and since that is the only other line I've ever considered buying, I'd like to know if they are more reasonably scaled. So, if any of you have Animated toys, I'd appreciate some photographic comparisons of them with the average Bionicle or Hero factory figure. :)

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Alright, it seems once again I'm considering to dive into transformers collecting for the very first time, and I could use some help. The last time I was contemplating this was when Prime was about to release, but once I found out how pathetically tiny the toys were, I flat out refused to invest any money in the line. However, I've never seen an Animated toy in person, and since that is the only other line I've ever considered buying, I'd like to know if they are more reasonably scaled. So, if any of you have Animated toys, I'd appreciate some photographic comparisons of them with the average Bionicle or Hero factory figure. :)

8640691721_27c62eff9f_o.jpg

Shared my thoughts on Fortress Maximus over in my blog.What do you guys think - sticker him up or not?~|ET|~

Yes. Sticker him. And leave the sheet intact!

... Wow... Those are pricey... At least they're good quality.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Do we know if transformers universe is going to ever actually be playable?

Also: I found my Energon Galvatron figure. He's actually kind of neat figure.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, the other Transformers MMO got cancelled and with Prime ending I doubt Transformers: Universe will ever see the light of day. They might possibly try to retool it in order to fit into the next Movie's hype, but I really doubt it.

Well, the other Transformers MMO got cancelled and with Prime ending I doubt Transformers: Universe will ever see the light of day. They might possibly try to retool it in order to fit into the next Movie's hype, but I really doubt it.

other MMO? Not sure I've heard of that...

I also acquired a ROTF Terradive recently. Man that is an awesome figure.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I heard some bad news about the next series being more 'kid-friendly'.

That sucks, because anything less awesome than TFP would be disappointing.

indeed. I really, REALLY hope the simple figures don't become the norm.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

What I wish/hope is that Grimlock would make another animated appearence.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

They won't be, at least not widespread. The Generations line will still be the same collector-oriented line, but the TV show toyline will be simplified to reflect the more kid-oriented nature. As far as TF4 goes, it's anyone's guess, but I'd say it'll be a mix of the simplified toys and a few regular-difficulty toys.

Also...

rsz_img_6330.jpg

"I thought I was supposed to be the masterpiece!"

They won't be, at least not widespread. The Generations line will still be the same collector-oriented line, but the TV show toyline will be simplified to reflect the more kid-oriented nature. As far as TF4 goes, it's anyone's guess, but I'd say it'll be a mix of the simplified toys and a few regular-difficulty toys.

Also...

rsz_img_6330.jpg

"I thought I was supposed to be the masterpiece!"

That picture is fantastic...

And I know that's the case, but still...

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I was referring to the next show's story and its fight scenes, not the toyline associated with it. But yeah, an overly simplified toyline would also be bad.

Well yeah, but that's been pretty much confirmed.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile