Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

Also...rsz_img_6330.jpg "I thought I was supposed to be the masterpiece!"

I can't wait for mine tomorrow. :DMetroplex, that is. I'd absolutely dig a Soundwave but I couldn't convince myself to drop yet another $100 in the same week my Metroplex order was finally filled... But had plenty of time sitting there starting at TRU's website with him in stock to do so.This big guy I'm definitely gonna sticker up. Fort Max is still naked, though.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

A lot of Metro's stickers were a pain to apply (took me about an hour to get them all on), but they haven't been peeling yet, so that's a one-up on the Arms Micron stickers. The big guy is pretty fantastic, though.

Also, do not hesitate to buy MP Soundwave. For the price you're paying (I believe the total on mine came out to $132), the TRU set is an incredible deal. Frenzy and Rumble are worth deluxe pricing each. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw are marvels of engineering, as well. Ravage is a bit of a blunder compared to the others, but he's still better than the one that came with Universe Hound. I was lucky enough to stroll into a TRU last week and find the last one on the shelf, but he's a hard one to find. If you see him, buy him.

I also just realized that Metroplex and Soundwave are roughly the same price. I still say Soundwave has the most value for your dollar, as while Metroplex has the sheer impressive size, Soundwave still is the Masterpiece toy.

Edited by Stryker055

I probably should've gone with Soundwave over Metroplex, but was already charged for the latter when presented with the opportunity to check out with Soundwave on TRU. :( It was just too much money at once. Unfortunately I have no chance to look in store since there simply is not one close enough to me, so it's online only... And that's been a nightmare, what with orders apparently just being cleared mid-checkout, irregular restocks (with the email alert seemingly doing nothing), the time when he was removed from the search feature... yeah...~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Recently got Grimlock vs Decepticon Bruticus and, out of curiosity, does anyone know how to build RiD Ruination's Ground Mission guns?

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Isn't he actually bigger this time around? (going off of truck mode, and alt mode size has a big influence on robot mode size) Orion Pax would be smaller (if there's a difference)

Unless you mean the design. But I did see some low-detail models in various poses, so I do know what most of his body will look like, not just the part shown on the magazine. He seems to have a more compact design, but still be around the same size. Similar proportions too. Most of the truck parts end up inside the robot during transformation. That's why there are no visible windows or wheels.

Now as for whether I prefer his TF3 design or his TF4 design, I actually will need to see more high detail renders in various poses. But I do like the TF4 design, no question there.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Design. I haven't seen much of the robot, But I'm not feeling it. I still like the beefcake truck mode from the first three.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Beefcake? His new truck mode's slightly bigger.

I'm very curious as to who the new main villain is. Or if it's Megatron revived again, or Galvatron, which is technically the same thing but who cares? Either way I'm fine, unless the new villain is lame.

And as to Grimlock's appearance.

And I do want to see a larger picture of BB, he looked cool from what I could tell by the small picture.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Size isn't what I was talking about. The other one was boxy and had sharp angles. This one is rounder. It just doesn't look like prime to me.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Recently got Grimlock vs Decepticon Bruticus and, out of curiosity, does anyone know how to build RiD Ruination's Ground Mission guns?

-Tomdroidser

What? You mean the giant combination cannons that RiD Ruination has?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here like Generations? I am a HUGE TF FAN.

Uh. Yes. I'm pretty sure every Transformers fan likes some aspect of Generations, be it the GEEWUNNers finding a rebooted piece of their childhood, or modern fans finding great toys and characters.

Y'know, this thread is devoted to Transformers.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. That Grimlock looks INSANE.

The trailer really just represents all of Michael Bay's Transformer films, for better or for worse.

Sadly, the toys we've seen so far seem a bit lackluster, but given the coming Generations line up, I think it'll be palatable when we see more.

On a different matter, out of all Generations figures I have, I like my Waspinator. Planning to get Generations Armada Starscream.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I still need to get my hands on Sandstorm for my budding group of Wreckers.

Welp, here we go again:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/beast-hunters-and-generations-legends-lines-rumored-as-cancelled/29419/

If you guys are counting, this may be the second time cool stuff was canceled in wake of a new movie release. Only this time, the stuff potentially being canceled is even cooler....

r_legends-swerve-098.jpg

... and the stuff its being canceled for is... well... I don't even.....

1392406887002-Drift.jpg

(That's apparently a deluxe. I'm dead serious.)

On another note, the first toy I ever bot as a newfound transformers toy collector, Generations Springer, now can not transform without the head popping off. In fact, I can't even seem to fit the head through the helecopter/chest nose anymore. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Regardless, it's making me very wary of purchasing modern Transformers toys, especially the ones made in the last few years. Maybe I'll try Animated next time.... I always liked the look of those toys.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

What. What. No air vehicon? Mumblemumble...

I occasionally have that trouble with springer. It just takes some fiddling. As for the loseness you can fix that with a dab of superglue.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Welp, here we go again:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/beast-hunters-and-generations-legends-lines-rumored-as-cancelled/29419/

If you guys are counting, this may be the second time cool stuff was canceled in wake of a new movie release. Only this time, the stuff potentially being canceled is even cooler....

r_legends-swerve-098.jpg

... and the stuff its being canceled for is... well... I don't even.....

1392406887002-Drift.jpg

(That's apparently a deluxe. I'm dead serious.)

On another note, the first toy I ever bot as a newfound transformers toy collector, Generations Springer, now can not transform without the head popping off. In fact, I can't even seem to fit the head through the helecopter/chest nose anymore. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Regardless, it's making me very wary of purchasing modern Transformers toys, especially the ones made in the last few years. Maybe I'll try Animated next time.... I always liked the look of those toys.

Wait, what? They canceled the lil' Generations guys?

Also, those aren't deluxes. They are smaller, like Legends or Cyberverse.

I saw some of the AoE stuff just now.

As far as the actual figures go... Nothing special, hope this is just a spinoff line.

But some of the robot designs look like they might be neat. I want to know who the red and black car is. He looks like he might look cool.

Oh, and Hound is clearly bulkhead. Clearly. He should not be called Hound. Optimus's facemask looks cool. I still think he looks like Orion. And Bee might look cool, But I only have the simplistic figure to go off of.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

GENTLEMEN They shown all the AOE toys,as well of IDW Generations.

For AOE

Deluxe Waves 1 & 2

1. High Octane Bumblebee

2. Crosshairs (The Green Guy in the Trailer)

3. Slug

4. Scorn

5. Drift

6. Strafe (The 2-Headed "Dragon" in the Trailer)

7. Slash

Voyager Waves 1 & 2

1. EM Optimus Prime (The Old Rusty Robot in the Trailer,but in G1 Prime's Colors)

2. Grimlock

3. Galvatron (The Car Cutter in the Trailer,also IT'S THE BLACK/SILVER TRUCK.)

4. Hound

Leader Wave 1

1. Optimus Prime

2. Grimlock

Also Voyager Sky-Byte!!!

Is anybody else going to play the Transformers Universe that is coming out goodness knows when?

We should totally make a Transformers RPG in OTC!

We did. Like... 3 times.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, the toyline for AOE seems as much of a letdown as the movie's character designs. (Galvatron, you disgrace...)

Rise of the Dark Spark will hopefully be good. I have high hopes for that because of the fact that it seems built on the roots of Fall of Cybertron and DOTM the game. Weird name though.

We did try Transformers RPGs. They all died out for some reason.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Continuity hurdle time! The official transformers wiki is finally starting to fill in information from The Covenant of Primus book, and easily the most shocking revelation is that:

Optimus Prime is the thirteenth Prime, and thus likely a multiversal singularity like all the other members. Gah, this is going to be even more impossible to reconcile with existing canon than Alpha Trion....

In other news, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the garbage I previously posted isn't the main AOE toyline and isn't resulting in the cancellation of the Generations legend figures. Actually, all the Generation stuff, AOE or otherwise, looks pretty fantastic to me. This new multiple age brackets strategy may yet prove to be the salvation of the Transformers toy line....

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Yeah, they started by showing off the simplified figures first.

That said, even the deluxes and Voyagers look too simplified, in my opinion. Just too play-skool.

Continuity hurdle time! The official transformers wiki is finally starting to fill in information from The Covenant of Primus book, and easily the most shocking revelation is that:

Optimus Prime is the thirteenth Prime, and thus likely a multiversal singularity like all the other members. Gah, this is going to be even more impossible to reconcile with existing canon than Alpha Trion....

In other news, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that the garbage I previously posted isn't the main AOE toyline and isn't resulting in the cancellation of the Generations legend figures. Actually, all the Generation stuff, AOE or otherwise, looks pretty fantastic to me. This new multiple age brackets strategy may yet prove to be the salvation of the Transformers toy line....

Wait, then how was he ever made a Prime in TFP and WFC? And how did he not know he was a Prime at first in the movies? And why is he just a mining bot with a different personality in Animated? And...and...

Basically, that is entirely...(loses one eye) illogical. (Puts eye back in)

I just looked at every AOE toy and they all look like scrap. Optimus' AOE redesign in the movie was disappointing enough, but the toy's inaccuracy to it makes it look five times worse. When you see ROTF Leader/DOTM Jetwing Optimus, this kind of thing just becomes inexcusable.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

As far as I can tell, I think that Hasbro has decided to split their toys into "little kid play" and "legitimate figure" in order to cater to two of their main audiences: The bigger audience, as you can tell by the focus from the AoE line, consists of the kids - they are given simpler, gimmicky, fun figures. The collectors, a much smaller group, are essentially relegated to whatever comes out in the Generations and Masterpiece lines in that they remain up to par with their higher standards.

I can't say that I'm too upset about that, because there are fewer decisions for me to make and I still have so many Transformers I want to buy...

Sandstorm, Whirl, Swerve, Roadbuster, Masterpiece Soundwave (some day, baby), Generations G2 Dreadwing...

As far as I can tell, I think that Hasbro has decided to split their toys into "little kid play" and "legitimate figure" in order to cater to two of their main audiences: The bigger audience, as you can tell by the focus from the AoE line, consists of the kids - they are given simpler, gimmicky, fun figures. The collectors, a much smaller group, are essentially relegated to whatever comes out in the Generations and Masterpiece lines in that they remain up to par with their higher standards.

I can't say that I'm too upset about that, because there are fewer decisions for me to make and I still have so many Transformers I want to buy...

Sandstorm, Whirl, Swerve, Roadbuster, Masterpiece Soundwave (some day, baby), Generations G2 Dreadwing...

It certainly seems that way. Maybe there's still hope for a legitimate AOE Optimus. It did take a while for Jetwing to come out for DOTM.

Pk57sNJ.jpg