Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

Miko rules.

Heck yeah. =D Incidentally, anyone else theorizing on what Starscream's been up to since "Partners"? Knowing what happens everytime some incarnation of him goes rogue, probably nothing good, but since we've been down six episodes without a trace from him, I'm starting to wonder if MECH got him ... -Inferna
Maybe being used to make Seekers? Or maybe MECH and Starscream teamed up? And made Seekers? Or combiners?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So, stuff that needs to be taken care of in Season 2:- MECH and their project they mentioned at the end of Operation: Breakdown- Knockout and his Synthetic Energon- Starscream, of course- The status of Wheeljack and Skyquake (I'm pretty sure Wheeljack is coming back)That's all I can think of. Kalhiki

What about Orion?I am curious as to how humanity will explain the massive cataclysm Earth suffered in Prime. Surely some humans will find the spontaneous, lethal, and abnormal weather of One Shall Rise a little suspicious.
Well, Orion is obviously going to be taken care of. I was more focused on plot points that occured mid-season that were never looked upon or mentioned before the season finale.Personally, I don't want a Starscream clone. Like, a real clone. A completely different character that just so happens to share his design (Seekers) would be fine, but even still, I'd prefer a new body design if the Seekers were introduced. Kalhiki Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Anyone here see MP-11? I know it's just a (heavily) remolded MP-3, but fans sort of brought that on themselves by being so obsessed with the iGear Seekers. And this remold handled the "hip kibble" so much better than the iGear modifications. And since I've never had a Masterpiece Seekers, I have to say that this one does look so much better than the original, so I'm not complaining. Now if I only I had several hundred dollars I'm willing to spend so I could buy MP-8 through MP-11... ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Beast Wars is the greatest North American television show ever made. Dinobot is the best character in television history. Code of Hero is the single greatest episode of anything thats aired on television ever. Just felt like saying that.

Edited by -Knight Rider2000-

I'm really liking the whole Aligned continuity. I don't think I've been this into Transformers since Armada was airing, so yeah, really enjoying Prime, though I have to wait until the episodes are uploaded somewhere to catch up. Also, how are the Cybertronian Megatron and Soundwave figures, to anyone that has them? I've never bought one of the toys before, but these two struck me as looking pretty cool.

plop

Cybertronian as in War for Cybertron? Because the Megs is absolutely amazing. Just love him. Soundwave's a littlea awkward with his really small torso and stuck-looking-down syndrome, but the two do look good together.Aligned is the greatest thing since Beast Wars. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Anyone here see MP-11? I know it's just a (heavily) remolded MP-3, but fans sort of brought that on themselves by being so obsessed with the iGear Seekers. And this remold handled the "hip kibble" so much better than the iGear modifications. And since I've never had a Masterpiece Seekers, I have to say that this one does look so much better than the original, so I'm not complaining. Now if I only I had several hundred dollars I'm willing to spend so I could buy MP-8 through MP-11... ~|ET|~

I'm so glad I didn't spend $150+ on the Walmart MP Starscream now. MP-11 looks so much better, and the coronation garb is just icing on the cake. Now Hasbro just needs to give us an affordable MP Thundercracker out of this, and I'll be happy.

Kicker was awful, much worse than Sari.

I liked kicker a lot he wasn't afraid to face most robotic adversaries going as far as threatening alpha q and bashing him with a sword at point blank range.And i liked his angry temper instead of joking a lot or running off scared from of the big bots. And he was the polite one....but Sari Sumdac was the worse one and had bad habits. She's a protoform whos been raised on earth for like 12 years and she knows enough to explain to Prime how human reproduce.... which should be way incomprehensible for even a cybertronian to understand or learn. It was in the Transformers Animated episode Transform and Roll OutSariprime.jpg
To be perfectly honest, that's my favourite Transformers scene of all time. And Kicker was... well, one of the reasons I can't stand Energon. They never did anything! All they did was recap and groan and complain! Anyways, I hope when playing as Grimlock in Fall of Cybertron, that you can use fire breath, and burn your way through every person you ever fight. That would make my day. Was anyone else just a little disapointed with Dark of the Moon? I mean, I enjoyed the film, I've watched it twice, but something about just doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's like the first hour is "the wacky hijinks of Sam Witwicky" and for the second hour Michael Bay went "Oh right, robots" and stuck several thousand in. It was several thousand awesome robots and awesome fighting, but still... Ratchet had like 4 lines, and Sideswipe didn't do much, and Ironhide... MTL Edited by ManiacToaLaco

Was anyone else just a little disapointed with Dark of the Moon? I mean, I enjoyed the film, I've watched it twice, but something about just doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's like the first hour is "the wacky hijinks of Sam Witwicky" and for the second hour Michael Bay went "Oh right, robots" and stuck several thousand in. It was several thousand awesome robots and awesome fighting, but still... Ratchet had like 4 lines, and Sideswipe didn't do much, and Ironhide... MTL

I agree. It was agood movie, but I'm just not sure about something. To me, it didn't have a "Transformers" feel to it. It just seemed like a classic alien invasion movie with robots that happened to turn into vehicles. Plus, Megatron went out without a fight. Speaking of which, Optimus had too much "Kill them all" and not enough "Noble". The first movie, he didn't want to kill Megs. Now he's just "tear their faces off". I know this isn't G1 Prime, but still.Laserbeak was cool, though. EDIT: While I still have it on my mind, does anyone know what the song is when Sam is going to his job interviews? I'd put in the movie and look in the credits, but i'm too lazy at the moment. Kalhiki Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

I thought TF Animated was the best (i've only watched cybertron, Animated, and Prime so far - okay laugh, I deserve it) since cybertron was too cheesy, and prime was also cheesy, but i didn't like how bumblebee "talked" - that annoying high-pitched, humming? Buzzing? I don't even know what it is. I felt that prime's environment (especially the town) was very empty, and almost abandoned, save the main characters and supporting characters. The art style was generally "dark," and I appreciate that, but I would like to see more "bright" settings - seeing the show made me feel slightly depressed. Another thing is that I can't seem to buy the fact that Raf, a 12 year old kid, is able to beat Ratchet, a technologically superior being working as a "medic" (basically a technician). At least Animated had a more realistic approach to the "better than TFs at their own thing" thing, where Sumdac actually studied their technology and was able to reverse engineer it, and therefore has a better understanding on how to repair/build space bridges.I really like where the new season is going, though, Prime losing his memory, and becoming a decepticon. Really nice twist. TFA - I like this quite a lot, as the roles of the autobots are more well defined, with military rankings, and proper "jobs" for them (eg. space bridge technician). I also like how they each have their own unique ability/weapon, so that they have to use each other's strengths to fight the decepticons, who have infiltrated the political system on cybertron.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

Just heard Darkness Rising will be released on DVD as a "movie" (the episodes stitched together). Needs to be in HD, though. At least the bonus features will be a nice addition.Yeah, I'll probably get it just because I've wanted to watch Darkness Rising as a movie. Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

A clone of Starsceam has been teased at...

Really? Where? :huh: (Granted, I've been having suspicions that there would be another Starscream clone for a bit ... after all, the TFWiki is saying there's this Decepticon called Dreadwing in Season 2, but we've got no info on him yet, other than he's voiced by Tony Todd. I've got theories, but they're all pretty crazy. :P) -Inferna

Was anyone else just a little disapointed with Dark of the Moon? I mean, I enjoyed the film, I've watched it twice, but something about just doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's like the first hour is "the wacky hijinks of Sam Witwicky" and for the second hour Michael Bay went "Oh right, robots" and stuck several thousand in. It was several thousand awesome robots and awesome fighting, but still... Ratchet had like 4 lines, and Sideswipe didn't do much, and Ironhide... MTL

I agree. It was agood movie, but I'm just not sure about something. To me, it didn't have a "Transformers" feel to it. It just seemed like a classic alien invasion movie with robots that happened to turn into vehicles. Plus, Megatron went out without a fight. Speaking of which, Optimus had too much "Kill them all" and not enough "Noble". The first movie, he didn't want to kill Megs. Now he's just "tear their faces off". I know this isn't G1 Prime, but still.Laserbeak was cool, though. EDIT: While I still have it on my mind, does anyone know what the song is when Sam is going to his job interviews? I'd put in the movie and look in the credits, but i'm too lazy at the moment. Kalhiki
I think he had to kill them all, considering the Decepticons weren't the sort of bots to "listen to a talking to", but I agree about the not enough noble/to much kill. I'm not 100% sure how you get a medium of those two traits, but I'm sure it can't be that hard. Optimus: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!*shoots Decepticon in the face*Optimus: Except for Decepticons. MTL

Dark of the Moon was disappointing for me. It didn't have any decent fights besides the one with Optimus and Sentinel at the end. Plus, Megatron is as dumb as a pile of rocks in the movie. I'm definitely gonna play Transformers: Fall of Cybertron when it comes out.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Woot, a week until DotM comes out on DVD over here! I still have to watch it.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I hope Megatron comes back if there is going to be a fourth film. Maybe people will se Galvatron!

I've actually heard rumors of both a fourth and a fifth movie. Thank goodness that those rumors say that Sam won't be the human lead. -Inferna

Personally, I don't want to see Galvy or Unicron in the movie-verse. Unless they're done right. I don't know why, though. I have nothing against them, they just don't seem like they'd fit. If Galvatron was in the movie, I wouldn't want him to be resurected Megs.However, for some reason, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dinobots in the movie. Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Dinobots would be awesome. I really don't want Megatron resurrected though. He had already been brought back once, and this time I think Optimus would make sure the Body is gone. And Megatron appeared for literally less than 6 minutes in the movie. I was so disapointed. And I didn't understand, he said that he and Sentinal were to meet up on the planet at some point. But I though Megatron went there because he was chasing the AllSpark? For the Fallen? They don't even mention the Fallen in the movie! And what are the chances that Sentinel would've ended up on THAT moon of all moons? (well, if the ship had already been on it's way there, pretty good I guess..) Also, in the beginning Optimus said Sentinal got shot down at the end of the war. But then we see him flying into the moon, his ship still on fire, presumably thousands of years later? I know the answer Michael Bay Of course, it could still be the writers fault, but somebody had to notice these at somepoint.. MTL

The Ark had been warping across time and space via Spacebridge, and went to Earth because locked onto the Allspark's energy signature along the way. Really, a lot of continuity errors can be explained by the pillars... the space bridge from Reign of Starscream was a shoddy replica Thundercracker threw together from a few pillars, The Fallen gained access to one and freed him from his sarcophagus, etc. Basically just read anything by John Barber. That man is a continuity GOD.

Edited by Stryker055

My lucky day, I suppose.Yesterday we went to Target and I finally found HA Reverb who I've been searching for. Then we went to TRU where I found PCC Skyhammer and Undertow. This is the first time I've ever seen those PCC figures, so that was pretty cool.Then, on the way home, driving down the road was an old, rusty, yellow camaro with black racing stripes. Didn't get a picture, but it was neat to see.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Well, finally got my first figure in the form of Voyager-class Shockwave. Really cool figure, though I can't help but feel he looks a bit odd with his shoulders always in that sort of shrugging position. Oh well. I'm really looking forward to the Prime lineup, though; the figures look great. I just hope there's a Voyager-class Megatron to go alongside Optimus.

plop

Okay, so I watched DOTM. Cool movie, yo. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngMechtech Voyager Megatron: Yea or Nay?

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I love my Voyager Megatron. Since there's no sign of a Leader class one yet, I'd go for it.And of course watch one get announced early next year. :PMeanwhile, thanks to a new promo code with HTS where you get not only 25% off, but free shipping on any order, at long last I have a Generations Warpath headed my way. :biggrin: I've been hunting for that guy for so long with absolutely no luck.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I might be able to snag him up almost locally next Thursday, so yay. :3

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Anyone know when Prime toys hit the shelves? I want me an Arcee.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Anyone know when Prime toys hit the shelves? I want me an Arcee.

TFWiki says December 1st. Not sure if that's true. (Also yes, I want Arcee too. Her and Starscream. Oh yeah.)Speaking of Prime, any characters people want to see in the cartoon that haven't shown up yet? I'm personally hoping for Slipstream, but with Airachnid around, I'm not sure how likely that is.-Inferna

Slipstream would make a humourous addition, and Airachnid seems too stereotypical to me. I heard the Nathan Fillion will be voicing a character, I'm hoping it will be like G1 Springer or G1 Sideswipe.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

I'll admit, when I learnt that Breakdown was voiced by Adam Baldwin, I thought this was Firefly and Halo ODST all over again.

Slipstream would make a humourous addition, and Airachnid seems too stereotypical to me. I heard the Nathan Fillion will be voicing a character, I'm hoping it will be like G1 Springer or G1 Sideswipe.

Good gosh, I'd love to see Sideswipe. He was awesome in WFC. ^^(Incidentally, High Moon Studios seems to have cut Arcee from FOC. Fail in my opinion. -.-)-Inferna

But why remove Arcee? And I hope the FOC tries to link with Prime better, considering the many loopholes within this awesome albeit "muddled" continuity. WFC Sideswipe was really reminiscent of his G1 self, but a bit sad his bro Sunstreaker didn't appear.I really want to get Prime Arcee and Prime Knock Out. A bit ambivalent about Prime Soundwave, he looks too scrawny to me.And Prime Ratchet, I will likely get him at a sale, he is probably gonna be the least popular again.

Edited by FlutterTree

But why remove Arcee? And I hope the FOC tries to link with Prime better, considering the many loopholes within this awesome albeit "muddled" continuity. WFC Sideswipe was really reminiscent of his G1 self, but a bit sad his bro Sunstreaker didn't appear.

That might explain why they cut Arcee. In their interview with GameInformer, High Moon said that she was cut because of how much work it would be to rig her character or suchmuch. If they were trying to make her look like she does in Prime, that might explain it.(Though I still say it fails; she and Slipstream are my favorite chassis-models/Escalation characters in WFC.)-Inferna

^ Another continuity?Also, didn't find DOTM MT Megatron today, but I did find HftD Deluxe Terradive.He's bloody awesome.

f9Qcky7.png

^ Another continuity?

WFC/FOC is pretty much the dark, gritty reboot of G1 the older fans have been aching for. The story is dark and unapologetic. The character designs are, for a lack of a better term, boxy and industrial. Exposed, moving equipment, rusty features. The whole thing looks like it was designed by IDW. I'm waiting to be assaulted by Furmanisms at any point.Prime is definitely a dark cartoon, especially considering it follows Animated, and for goodness sakes zombie Cliffjumper. But most of the episodes are still met with a light-hearted "family overcomes all" theme, which is okay because it's a Saturday morning cartoon. All the character designs are sleek, and clean. It's a bizarre blend of Movie and Animated designs.Hasbro can keep trying to connect them, but I see no way that it can work together. They're much stronger as separate continuities, I think, than hastily cobbled together after-the-fact./Rant.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert