Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

As far as a fourth movie. They will be making it, but Shia Labouf won't be in it, nor Megan Fox. Plus one of my friends told me that the entire transformers franchise will end after the fourth movie. :((((

Party time for no Shia or Fox. Also the transformers Franchise will end? hahaahahah, obviously some one does not understand marketing.

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

As far as a fourth movie. They will be making it, but Shia Labouf won't be in it, nor Megan Fox. Plus one of my friends told me that the entire transformers franchise will end after the fourth movie. :((((

HahahahahahahahahaNo. The very darkest point the franchise has ever seen was in the nineties, after Generation Two bombed without any supporting fiction or interest. And they still revived it under a decade later with Beast Wars, which is to this day considered one of the best examples of a Transformers tv series. And the franchise has been going strong ever since.

All the movies did was bring the franchise back to mainstream view. They injected some life, but the franchise was by no means on life support without it. Plus, they're already planning for the potential of a new trilogy kicked off by TF 4. Transformers is one of Hasbro's biggest cash cows. They won't drop it until there isn't a single cent left to be milked from it.

And as the nineties showed us, they'll still revive it within a few years when they have a new generation to cater to.

The only Predacon I really hope they add in to the show is Grimwing. He's a bit too much like Dreadwing, but hopefully he actually defects to the Autobots. He actually sorta reminds me of Silverbolt or Dinobot. Also, has anyone seen the Go! Combiners? They actually look pretty nice and Brave-ish.

I love the look of those Go! combiners. If I find myself with the cash, those will be ordered without hesitation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Played Transformers: Fall of Cybertron over the weekend.

*squee*

That is all.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 weeks later...

I saw new Pictures of Transformers 4 of a Black/Sky Blue Bugatti and a Green/Black Stringray.

Yeah, don't know what to expect out of those two... I do like the speculation that one is Blurr, though.Meanwhile, I'm floored at myself for not ordering Springer last not on Amazon when he came in stock thinking I could still grab him today. >_<~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yep, just saw that. I was excited about it being Drift, but your description of him as a smartmouth is just so much unlike his other incarnation. :(~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I just read it and this is what it had to say. "But one can't help but expect that, even in four-wheeled form, the character will retain his trademark, annoying self-aggrandizement" This is because Slingshot was originally one of the Aerial Bots. And Drift was part of the IDW 2005 reboot.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

It was IDW Drift I was thinking about. The super-serious samurai bot.Optimus is interesting, but I would prefer him with more red.Bumblebee's updated form with an older style Camaro is alright I guess. Might be too much black though. :PThere's also now been an ambulance and military vehicle pictured driving around with the other Autobots. Ambulance is almost surely Ratchet, but no clue who the military vehicle could end up being.Aaaaand of course, there's the beat up truck that resembles G1 Optimus' truck mode... That is supposedly a Dinobot?? Yeah, I'm not buying into that one just yet...~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

It was IDW Drift I was thinking about. The super-serious samurai bot.Optimus is interesting, but I would prefer him with more red.Bumblebee's updated form with an older style Camaro is alright I guess. Might be too much black though. :PThere's also now been an ambulance and military vehicle pictured driving around with the other Autobots. Ambulance is almost surely Ratchet, but no clue who the military vehicle could end up being.Aaaaand of course, there's the beat up truck that resembles G1 Optimus' truck mode... That is supposedly a Dinobot?? Yeah, I'm not buying into that one just yet...~|ET|~

Remember, It is Bayverse.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Well, I heard something about some Autobots riding Dinobots into battle at some point. And also, one reason given by the movie team for not including Dinobots was because they'd stick out like a sore thumb, not a very stealthy or logical alt mode.

Now, the conclusion I think is most logical is that their robot modes are the dinosaurs, and that is how they always were, and that their alternate modes are the Earth vehicles. Either that, or triple changers.

I think that idea's cool. It strays a lot from the usual path, but whatever.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, I heard something about some Autobots riding Dinobots into battle at some point. And also, one reason given by the movie team for not including Dinobots was because they'd stick out like a sore thumb, not a very stealthy or logical alt mode.

Now, the conclusion I think is most logical is that their robot modes are the dinosaurs, and that is how they always were, and that their alternate modes are the Earth vehicles. Either that, or triple changers.

I think that idea's cool. It strays a lot from the usual path, but whatever.

Nothing says blend like an F22 with alien tattoos all over it.... or race cars with weapons attached to them. or, for that matter, most of the alt modes any of them have. those are just the earth based ones. we haven't even mentioned megaton.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, by the time those things showed up, stealth from humans was pretty much irrelevant already. And still, there are the robots built for stealth and infiltration, and there are the robots built for killing the slag out of any enemy in their path. The stealth used to ambush, or hide, was still relevant, and that's why ROTF and DOTM still had 'Cons coming out of nowhere and shocking the slag out of everyone.

That kind of stealth could be applied to that Dinobot idea.

As in a truck is driving in, eh, just another Autobot, oh slag it's a friggin dinosaur nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'd actually really like the truck-to-dinosaur idea, but I know I'd want a robot mode somehow too. And that'd just not work out well. :PAlso, it seems the military vehicle is Hound. That sounds pretty cool to me.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

That's like saying Optimus should be a flatnose, and BB should be a Beetle in every incarnation, ever.

You can actually recognize Hound by his general build and colors, and a jeep looks rather silly to begin with.

No. He didn't look look like a warthog in G1. I'm mostly saying he should be a small military type vehicle. Hound has always been small.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Yeah, and Bumblebee was the size of a human back in the cartoon days, but now he's as big as a house. Hound hasn't exactly appeared in like, any franchise other than G1 so you can't really say he must be small. The only thing that usually manages to carry over between incarnations of characters is their colour schemes, and even then they barely remain the same. I mean, admit it, that green truck looks pretty darn cool. The changes they make to the characters is something that I always want to see - they are Transformers, after all.

While I don't think Hound was necessarily a favorite character of many, having him over a soon-to-be-oversaturated-in-presence Bulkhead doesn't sound all that bad. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

That's why I said soon-to-be. It feels like he's becoming too prominent for such a recent character. And it's more so because I'm not too fond of his "big clumsy guy who isn't too bright" personality.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Whoops, I forgot to add context. My response was mostly to how Bay would portray him, NOT him being selected over anyone else.

Also, I too could do with a little less 'bee. The whole radio-talk thing always seemed dumb to me.

I think we need buddy-cop versions of Prowl and Nightbeat.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Yeah, and Bumblebee was the size of a human back in the cartoon days, but now he's as big as a house. Hound hasn't exactly appeared in like, any franchise other than G1 so you can't really say he must be small. The only thing that usually manages to carry over between incarnations of characters is their colour schemes, and even then they barely remain the same. I mean, admit it, that green truck looks pretty darn cool. The changes they make to the characters is something that I always want to see - they are Transformers, after all.

that's a fair point. I guess my view just has to do with the only hound I have being a tiny off road vehicle, and I like this figure quite a bit. plus it came with ravage. But for some reason, I never had a problem with bumblebee being a camaro...

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

He's still a small yellow car. There's no reason to mind in the first place.

Now if they made him a blue tank, then there would be a problem.

True enough. now every other car tf in the bay movies....

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Amazon had a Seek Peek on Transformers: The Covenant of Primus book with this list of Thirteenth

Prima- Leader

Alpha Trion-Writer and Mentor of Optimus Prime and Smokescreen

Megatronus Prime-Also know as The Fallen

Vector Prime-Guardian of Space and Time

Liege Maximo-The First Decepticon

Nexus Prime-The First Combiner

Solus Prime-The Female Transformers and Blacksmith

Amalgamous Prime-The Trickster

Alchemist Prime- Co-Founder of Cybertronian civilization

Mirconus Prime-The First Mini-Con

Onyx Prime-The First Beast Mode Transformer

Quintius Prime-A Scientist

Thirteen Prime-The Last Member

Yeah, they changed a lot of stuff. But as long as the changes don't make the characters look stupid, I don't mind.

Which is why I DO mind the Twins.

Agreed. Because they changed barricade. though I cant remember what his G1 form was, and he didn't turn out stupid.

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

• 3 weeks later...

So I may or may not be getting a Fortress Maximus... :)~|ET|~

:oReally? Nice, dude!

Amazon had a Seek Peek on Transformers: The Covenant of Primus book with this list of Thirteenth Prima- LeaderAlpha Trion-Writer and Mentor of Optimus Prime and SmokescreenMegatronus Prime-Also know as The FallenVector Prime-Guardian of Space and TimeLiege Maximo-The First DecepticonNexus Prime-The First CombinerSolus Prime-The Female Transformers and BlacksmithAmalgamous Prime-The Trickster Alchemist Prime- Co-Founder of Cybertronian civilizationMirconus Prime-The First Mini-ConOnyx Prime-The First Beast Mode TransformerQuintius Prime-A ScientistThirteen Prime-The Last Member

Bleeegh. Why do the Thirteen have to be a thing?

hopelessly drifting, bathing in beautiful agony