Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I kinda liked the running out of ammo. It added a bit of a challenge to the game. And the lack of that aspect kinda made the DOTM game boring.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I kinda liked the running out of ammo. It added a bit of a challenge to the game. And the lack of that aspect kinda made the DOTM game boring.Kalhiki

I agree. I never had any real problem with that in WFC.So, Botcon has revealed SG Tracks/Classics Road Rage. I am completely ambivalent. Give me Soundwave and Metalhawk, please.

Well, I see your point there. But maybe for some characters, like Megatron, they could have unlimited ammo (or atleast an overheat thing) because it always was kind of demeaning to try and run around looking for ammo as Megatron while all the Autotobot are laughing their optics out...Of course, that would make playing against him in live terrible. So maybe limited ammo during live games...Anyways, I just looked at old pictures from the Cybertron cartoon, and it made me remember how much I wanted leader class Galvatron and Optimus. They always looked so awesome and not kibbly. I mean, I loved ROTF Optimus (ROTF Megs is a different story..) but he still had large backpack, was very hard to transform, and liked to make sure you never forgot who he was. You also couldn't bend his arms very much without activating his face-taking powers.MTL

Cybertron Leader-class Megatron/Galvatron is one of the best Transformers ever (toy-wise). Galvatron's crazy expensive nowadays, but you can usually find Megatron for a decent price, unless the colors totally throw you off. They kind of work for me, given that this is supposed to (kinda) be Megatron fused with Unicron, so he has two color schemes fused together.Oh, and GIANT ALIEN RACECAR.

Haha, Cybertron Galvatron really is rather expensive. I sort of want to start a Galvatron collection and that was one of the first I looked into. Such a beauty, though.SG Tracks has been revealed and yep, not getting this BotCon set... I doubt Metalhawk'll be nearly amazing enough to win me over, especially not if it uses the Thunderwing mold.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

But... but what about Sir Soundwave? And his wishful-yet-horribly-unlikely headband of righteousness? That toy's pretty much the decider for me. As long as they fix the head problem. And unless Treadshot ends up looking amazing (despite knowing nothing about the character).

Well unless they can easily take the WfC Soundwave head and put it on the Ironhide/Ratchet body, then that's a guaranteed head remold there. So I don't know why they wouldn't go for the headband.And while I may like Shattered Glass... I actually know nothing aobut Sir Soundwave. :P And have heard bad things about that mold anyways.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Oh, hey guys... Sir Soundwave's been revealed... looks kind of terrible... heh...HEADBAND SOLD SEPARATELY WHAT THE HECK BOTCON WHAT THE HECKSo yeah... I've kind of lost faith in BotCon, especially with how they've handled everything this year. It's really disappointing.

I made a rant on one of the fansites detailing every single thing wrong with the toy. Paint apps are completely wrong, and the headsculpt is nowhere near how it's supposed to look. And it wouldn't even bother me about the headband if they weren't charging extra for it. You know how you paid all that money and waited in all those lines to get the set? Guess what? Now you get to spend more money and wait in more lines just so you can complete your set!It's just poor form. They've handled everything so horribly this year. Argh. I just need to stay out of BotCon discussions from now on. And I never even planned on going!

I must ask, was that third party Hearts of Steel Shockwave ever released?

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

As far as I know, Notwave has only had the prototype shipped around to various hobby and comic stores as a promo.From the sounds of OMINOUS SOURCES the group is taking preorders though.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

• 4 weeks later...

Love how FOC Bruticus will be be individual Deluxe class figures that combine (just what my brother predicted (or was hoping for, rather)). Swindle looks great and Brawl too. I just think that Brawl is a little too thin in vehicle mode.Knockout... Eh. He looks fine, but I don't like that the chest is the car hood with nothing special. Maybe he'll be better in person.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

Now that I look at side-by-side pictures of the Knockout toy and the CGI model, I guess it isn't too bad. Hopefully the headlight chest bits can be moved around to make it a tad more accurate.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

So the more and more we see of FOC Bruticus, the more I'm disappointed... The only in-hand pics we've got are of a prototype so of course he looks wonky color-wise, but his arms are so meh. Good thing I like the individual Combaticons enough to get them just for being them.But of course, Toy Fair having started, we now have pics of the other three... And man, do I want Shockwave! He's who I'm going after first for SURE. He's just like his WfC version. :D~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Out of everything at Toyfair... the only (newly revealed) ones I can legitimately say I really want are Prime Voyager Starscream and FOC Shockwave. I know I'll probably get all of FOC, but Jazz looks proportionally wrong in robot mode, Optimus has arm issues, and the only Combaticon that looks decent as a stand-alone figure is Blast Off, and Bruticus looks pretty lackluster (though I still applaud Hasbro for the effort).As for Prime, that RID Bulkhead looks terrible. I've also made a complete mind change on Knockout; he looks pretty bad. The rest seem to range from decent to horrendous. At least the Cyberverse figures still look cool...Oh, and Kreo Vortex looks awesome. He'll be my first Kreo set, for sure.

My first thoughts on Dreadwing? He carries a sword, and does anyone remember that prototype for a voyager "Skyquake" we saw a while ago that everyone was wondering why had a sword? Mystery solved :)For me personally it is so far looking like the Prime line has big hits and big misses with very few in-betweens. I have no interest in the weaponizers or powerizers except for maybe Starscream (although I'm really annoyed his headfin is still not red) and to be honest I'm fine with this since it means more of my money can go for the deluxes and cyberverse. Out of the deluxes themselves I'm still not ready to make a judgement on Knockout, but everyone else other than Bumblebee and Cliffjumper look good. As for the Cyberverse, its kind of hard to get something within that small size to look "wrong" .

Prime toys look... Eh.Knockout, Bee, Bulkhead, and the Weaponizers (or whatever the Leaders are) all look bad. Weaponizers not as much as the other ones. Starscream's fine, but I probably won't get him.Arcee's good, but I predict a large backpack.CJ I like. I can look past the fake chest (besides, it's more accurate in appearance than the First Edition).Megs, Prime, Wheeljack, and Soundwave have all looked good since the beginning.As For FOC:Shockwave is easily best. Prime and Jazz both look good but have their faults.The Combaticons look good, but once again, faults.vortex and Blastoff both have really thin legs. Onslaught needs more bulk (and the vehicle mode is a little off). Brawl and Swindle seem to be the best in my opinion.And there's my two cents worth.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Well, as for FOC, Shockwave is a must for me. I'll be picking up Bruticus because I reeeally need to bulk up my Decepticons and because it's Hasbro's first real combiner in a long time. Might pick up Jazz, since I love the character and I missed out on the RTS one.As for Prime toys, I like the First Edition voyager better than the RID voyager, so I'll probably skip that. I love of the voyager Megs looks, I'll definitely pick up the Vehicon deluxe (Probably several), might bite on the voyager Starscream, but either way I'll find a way to get the FE. Definitely buying Soundwave and Wheeljack.Oh, and I think some people are jumping the gun on Brutcus's appearance. After all, we haven't yet gotten pictures that don't contradict other pictures. Just my two cents.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Bruticus and Shockwave might as well be mine, possibly Jazz, but not Optimus. As for Prime, who knows. I only really buy Transformers from the Internet, which is annoying because it's where the prices go up fairly quickly, so I may not get many Prime figures. I'd probably get up to three Vehicons, Megs and Screamer and maybe Knockout and Soundwave. Arcee is most likely going to end up mine as well, I'll just wait and see.Also, Transformers 4 has been confirmed. 2014, and Bay says it's a "Re-imagining". Not sure what to expect, kind of iffy after DOTM, but who knows, maybe it will be awesome like the first one.

Was hoping another director would get a shot at silver screen Transformers, but oh well.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I really have little care for a new Transformers film at this point. Unless Bay takes it in a completely new direction, I can't cee myself getting too interested in it. Sure I'll go see it and buy the toys that appeal to me, but I won't be holding my breath in anticipation like I was for the original and ROTF.

I'd like to see what they do character-wise If it's a continuation of the trilogy, then it'd be cool to see a movie without Megs.But, it could still be a reboot. However, 3 years really isn't much time for a reboot.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

• 3 weeks later...

So is anyone else as mad I as am for the fact that Hasbro cancelled Movie Deluxe Que and Soundwave since Prime toys have begun to come out? Like what the heck? How can you complete the movie cast now? I just don't get how you cut key characters like that.

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

If you really want them you can get the Takara versions of various websites.

You're right, you can.For about a hundred dollars more than what they're worth in many cases. And telling the people it's not worth that much and asking for a decent price will result in getting told to bugger off, give up, and accept you "should've known it would happen and to have gotten one sooner." Because that is most definitely something I should have predicted after being told numerous times "you'll get these!" by Hasbro until the last minute.And I wasn't even trying for myself. I was trying to help a friend out who just really wanted a Human Alliance Soundwave and can't really afford to be buying one so expensive. Didn't really work out, of course.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

Okay, first off: Que and Soundwave are hardly "key main characters". Soundwave's been released in ROTF thrice (as a much better toy, IMO), and Que was an incredibly minor character in DOTM.Besides, the toys didn't look super great, anyway. The fact that two of what appear to be the best-designed Voyagers ever made will not be seeing wide release is what really ticks me off. Plus the Vehicon, which I'd be madder about if we weren't getting one in the PRID line that seems to be rather on-par or at least almost as good as the FE.Speaking of which, PRID Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, and Megatron are good-to-fantastic toys. But you know what's cooler? BOT SHOTS. Those things are friggin' epic. I might buy all 44.