Please move this if it's in the wrong place, thanks.Okay, so, I'm sitting here in math class, with nothing to do (we were told to do an individual worksheet, which I finished early, and the teacher told us that's all we had to do today), so I decided I was going to try and work on an avatar for one of my image-sharing website ID's (the site lets you either use one of your uploaded images, or upload a separate one, which I was trying to create) and I wanted to focus it around the Rahkshi symbol. Well, after I traced and inked the symbol, I was trying to figure out "Now what can I make as the background for this that can represent me?" I once drew (and may still use, though doubtfully) someone wearing a cloak with the symbol on the back, and thought of that, but I used a larger symbol as my tracing base, and thus, it wouldn't work. So I decided to start writing in Matoran.So, as I'm doing this, I'm quoting MoL, and stuff, and I decided to write my user name at the bottom, which ends in the last two digits of my birth year, but as I wrote the "94", I remembered something: on BS01, they have used both the circular and hexagonal (or is it octagonal...?) shapes for numbers that come after 2010 (I think they used the hexagonal 0 for 2010, the 1 for 2011, etc.) and I was wondering: is this just something they did to keep away from confusion, or would this actually work? Should multiples of 10 being hexagonal? Or could it work if they were both circular? I'm wondering because I want it to look right before I scan and upload the image.tl;drAre numbers higher than 10 in the Matoran alphabet supposed to be written with the VN hexagon, or can it be written and, and properly read, if it is a circle?~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

I'm fairly certain that "10" is written as :1: :0:, kind of like our number system.The hexagonal system was canonically used in Voya Nui to fit that year's overall aura. To my knowledge it was never used to represent multiples of ten.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Actualy, the hexagonal letters/numbers are simply a new design used as of 2006, so 10 in Matoran lettering can be written both how Sumiki has said above and with the corresponding hexagonal numbers. There is no difference in how to use the circular and the hexagonal letters and numbers.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The hexagons are for an entire alternate system that always uses hexagons, while the normal system always uses circles. :) If BS01 mixed them it is to appear stylish. You could certainly mix them that way if you wish, though -- it's your own art! ^_^And, that answers the question, so topic will now be closed. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)