Declining And Dying

Dralcax

Do you think that BZPower is dying in some way? When I was new, I used to spend hours on BZP. Now, I'm in and out in a few minutes. It seems that less topics are being created. Only in BBC are topics popping up and a normal rate, and maybe on a good day in some other creative forums. But lately, I haven't seen too many new topics.

aouROFb.png

No, it's filled with people talking about how it's dying. :P Maybe if we applied that energy to doing other stuff people wouldn't get that impression. :lol:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I understand what you mean. Before the downtime, I'd be on BZPower for hours replying and replying and replying. Now i spend at most an hour, maybe more. I've also picked up other responsibilities over time, which helps aid my boredom. I've managed though, but hopefully it will pick up again someday soon. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I've seen dead boards. This isn't a dead board.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I've seen dead boards. This isn't a dead board.

Indeed. Sure, there may be a slight decline in activity, but to be honest I don't think there's that much of a decline. For me, at least, BZPower seems more..."empty" simply because of some of the members who are no longer here or active. It seems like BZP is dying, but really, some members are just being replaced with new members, which is a good thing; it'd be bad if people kept leaving and no one joined. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I've noticed as well.I blame the downtime. Many people, including awesome staffies like SPIRIT and *sniff* Turakki #1 Lavasurfer, stopped coming after the downtime.B/S/T has almost ground to a halt; my trade topic died after a single reply, and I don't think it's just because no-one likes shipping to Australia.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This could probably be discussed better in this topic, which basically has decline in activity as one of the centerpieces of discussion, or it could be poll-worthy as Ballom said. :) Although said-topic talks more about the death of controversial discussion, bringing up the fact that due to the decrease in activity there are more post-it-here topics might be a good way to lean towards that discussion instead of a whole new topic devoted to the subject. Might be a good idea, I could be wrong.@Makuta_of_Oz: I don't know, last time I checked, the 'Fruitloops for Masks' guy seemed to be doing pretty well. :P

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I think its getting bigger and rebuilding itself. Tends to be a bit slow at times but just give it time

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Who?can't really say whether or not the site as a whole is "dying", but the BZPower I knew and loved certainly has. the cool people are all disappearing.
Can't tell if...It's different now, that much is true. But there are plenty of cool people left here. You just have to get past their quirky exterior to find their awesome interior. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png-Ced

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Who?can't really say whether or not the site as a whole is "dying", but the BZPower I knew and loved certainly has. the cool people are all disappearing.
Can't tell if...
Totally am. I've never heard of this Turakki person. Edited by Eucliwood

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Can't tell if...
Totally am. I've never heard of this Turakki person.
Oh, well that makes me a little disappointed then. She was a cool person, and a very bright personality around here.-Ced

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Can't tell if...
Oh, well that makes me a little disappointed then. She was a cool person, and a very bright personality around here.-Ced
A look into the forums archive, under the forum General Disscussion, will reveal some of her amazing wit and charm. The "Funny Staff Closers" topics tend to provide examples. Speaking of which, I miss those. There were a couple of those since the forums came back, but alas not enough for a topic. That's probably due to a shortage of topics to close. But no, I don't see BZP as dying. I always find too much to post in anyway. The forums tend to surge with topics...and die...and surge again...and die again. But that's only with discussion topics, which are the most fun - the creative ones march steadily onward. Edited by fishers64

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Can't tell if...
A look into the forums archive, under the forum General Disscussion, will reveal some of her amazing wit and charm. The "Funny Staff Closers" topics tend to provide examples.
Yeah, I can't even find anybody named Turakki in the archives..

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Can't tell if...
A look into the forums archive, under the forum General Disscussion, will reveal some of her amazing wit and charm. The "Funny Staff Closers" topics tend to provide examples.
That's because Makuta of Oz misspelled it. :)It's Turakii, I think.

Turakki #1 Lavasurfer

Can't tell if...
It's Turakii, I think.
Oh, I know Turakii. One of my best friends actually.I just didn't know who that "Turakki" person was.

A lot of you are saying that people you know moving on equals BZP dying, but that's been going on for years. Called turnover. I've been active here since late 2003 and I've seen at least five distinct generations of good friends of mine come and go. You have to learn how to make new friends easily. :)At least one of the examples yall gave I happen to know was due to simply not having time anymore personally, and that has always happened. I have noticed a lot of new members since the downtime, in fact, about the same, seems to me, as usually, it's just that all of us are a bit less active than we used to be without canon Bionicle to talk about. I think it's going up if anything and that trend might continue as we become more well known as a LEGO-in-general site (still with the best rules and stuff of any other site, pretty much) than just a Bionicle site. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I wouldn't say it's declining or dying at all - there's always something new to read, every day, even if activity's not quite what it was a few years ago.And it could be far worse. Another 'active' forum I visit has only just seen its first new posts in over three months.

Edited by Sir Kohran

There has definitely been a decline in activity but still, I think BZPower is far from dying. In fact, I´m sure it´s possible to raise activity once again so it won´t become a permanent decline. Anyway, I wouldn´t say it´s still declining, rather, the downtime reduced activity to a lower, but steady level we have pretty much kept since then.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I probably spend more time here these days than I did since before the downtime. I don't think BZPower is declining or dying in any way. The community may be getting smaller, but a smaller online community can still be just as healthy as a larger one-- the only risk to BZPower getting smaller is that it probably costs a lot to maintain its servers and a smaller community might not be bringing in as much money (in ad revenue, premierships, etc.)I don't see a huge number of new topics on an average day either, but there's plenty of discussion going on in existing topics, so I don't think that's any sign that the site is struggling. If there were a huge number of new topics in every subforum, I'd probably start losing interest since it would become too much for me to keep up with.

Like others have said, I'm sure the downtime didn't help. Also, not too much to talk about. Once I get my new MacBook pro :D I'm going to have some fun in the artwork section. But no, not as big as it once was.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

:kaukau: There's just less traffit. As I said in another topic, there's fewer story theories, since people can't make predictions anymore, and the annual midyear uproar when pictures of the new sets are released isn't around. While I do miss those and feel that these things contributed to a classical era of BZP, the world doesn't end with the fall of the Roman Empire. There's still discussion and still a sense of community. It's just less of a major metropolis buzzing about and a tad quieter now. I'll admit, there will be a part of me that will always be sad for that, but it doesn't mean that BZPower died.I do hope that, as bonesiii said, we become more well-known as a general LEGO site to attract new members. It's always good to talk about a shared interest that's a bit more in the present. At the moment, the nostaglia here is killing me (softly).Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I don't beleive BZPower is dying. It isn't anywhere near dying. It's easily more active than other single-theme LEGO forums. And as several others have pointed out, there are plenty of new members coming in. I've also heard a lot people say they've seen their post counts rise at a faster rate after the down time. I would say that holds true for me at least

Obviously, BZP has declined a bit due to it's main focus being about a dead toyline. But new members are still coming in, so it isn't dying.Although, unless the site begins to expand into more LEGO themes, IMO it'll fade away.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur