What I Didn't Get About Mol...

How did Takutanuva revive Jaller? I thought that only a Toa of Life could do that. Moreover, how did he do it with just the mask to go off of? Which brings me to my next point. How did Takanuva get revived? I mean, Vakama just put his mask on a pedestal and he came back to life. Answers please?

Apparently, Takutanuva can manipulate his life force, and gave a small amount of it to Jaller. I think that's the difference: a Toa of Life would be able to revive beings without the cost to their own life force.As for Takanuva, the power to revive him came from the Avohkii, according to BS01.~B~

Takanuva stole from Makuta's life force to revive Jaller. (That was the answer I remember after a debate in old S&T)As for how Taka came back, there are theories, but we didn't hit a conclusion on the head. The important thing to remember here is that the Takutanuva fusion required energy and will to maintain, because it was a fusion of the most disparate elements in the universe. (light and shadow) Logically, only Taka would want to maintain the thing, or at least Makuta needed to appear to Taka that he didn't want to. So there was the take from the novel version of MoL that Taka just stepped out of the fusion as the door crashed down. Or you can say that the machine made by the Great Beings (it was), used energy to revive Takanuva the way Jaller was revived, but that doesn't explain why Takanuva's dead body wasn't there when the Piraka showed up. I guess it could transmute mass...bonesiii concocted an elevator. The fusion separated, Taka was teleported underground sans mask and elevated back up by the UDD thing. So yeah, I've probably forgotten the most obvious and most important thing...but that's what I remember. :)

Huh... I remember something about the essence or "spirit" of a matoran or character still being present inside of their mask after a short period after they died. Jaller's essence was still with his mask and that was how (if I'm remembering correctly, mind you) he was brought back with only a mask. Maybe it's a similar concept with Takanuva?

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Huh... I remember something about the essence or "spirit" of a matoran or character still being present inside of their mask after a short period after they died. Jaller's essence was still with his mask and that was how (if I'm remembering correctly, mind you) he was brought back with only a mask. Maybe it's a similar concept with Takanuva?

By that logic, though, the Mask of Life could have revived Matoro...

No, because the act of reviving Mata Nui dispersed Mata Nui's spirit throughout the universe. It wasn't attached to his mask, which was destroyed. Edited by fishers64

Uh, for what purpose would it do that? Matoro's destiny had been completed so, by that logic there was no need for the mask to use energy to keep him alive at that point (and plus I'm pretty sure Matoro was using the mask, not the mask using Matoro). Also, the Mask of Life was a mask that was alive and so its essence could easily have taken the place of Matoro's. Looks like Fishy beat me to it. XPStill, we're getting off-topic. The essence of Jaller and Takanuva would have been only a part of how they were revived (again, if I'm remembering this correctly)
Manipulating his own life force' date=' he infused a portion of it into the mask, reviving Jaller. However, the amount of energy he exerted was too great and weakened him. Takutanuva dropped the gate, crushing and defusing him into Takanuva and Teridax, and killing Takanuva. The gate's weight also caused Takutanuva's mask to split back into the Avohkii and Kraahkan. The Avohkii was used to bring Takanuva back to life,[/quote']So, basically, the masks were key to bringing them back to life. Whether the reason they were brought back was due to lingering spirits or essence, I'm not sure of.
Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I don't think this was ever considered a possibility, but I like to think it was because Mata Nui resurrected Takanuva while he stirred in his sleep, because they were just taking a step to waking him.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Jaller was revived by Takutanuva infusing part of his life force into the mask, reviving him. Takanuva was revived via the Avohkii, or as in the book Mask of Light, he stepped out of the fusion.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

What if Takanuva just turned invisible and appeared magicly to look cool ... *Bad jokes aside*It could be that the Mask had life force already in it like it already had Toa energy in it?

If he was revived, it would almost certainly all be due to the machine in the floor, other than his spirit being attached to the mask. Not life energy in the mask. (Though it seems it may have just been an elevator/teleporter and he didn't die at all.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Masks have an imprint of their previous wearer that stays for a little while. Adding life force will revive the being.Quote from the Kanohi page on BS01:

Kanohi have a tendency to retain an imprint of their owner's conscience and identity within themselves for a short time after being removed, allowing any mask to be infused with great amounts of a life-force to resurrect the deceased mask-wearer. However, after an extended period of time, the imprint will fade away.

As for reviving Takanuva, I don't think that has been explained, but bonesii brought up a pretty neat idea.

If Takanuva was resurrected by the power of the almighty floor, it leaves an important question.What for was the floor built? What was the builders reason for putting a resurrecting three virtues symbol there? And then there's the thing about Jaller and Hahli. Did their placement in the symbol have something to do with anything, or did Vakama lead them to those spots just to make that moment cool?

This is only speculation, but it could be the that by having Hahli and Jaller so distraught over Takanuva's death that some mechanism allowed them to unwittingly transfer life energy. It could have been hidden in the floor.I could also have been Vakama transferring the energy…

Well, here's one wild random theory -- maybe the machine has a huge amount of raw energy in it that isn't converted to any particular form, and could be used to make many different things, depending on what you put as energy identifiers on the other two circles. So putting to living beings there would simply tell the machine to convert its energy into life energy, and it would function as a reviver.I say this partly because Greg said at one time that Makuta have a vastly larger store of life energy than normal beings which was how Takutanuva could draw out enough to revive Jaller. It would seem unlikely that two Matoran would have enough.Or some combination of the above and Paleo's theory could work too, if they only gave a portion.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As for my opinion of how Takanuva defused from Makuata, I like to believe that in fusions such as Toa Kaita or Takutanuva, the component beings are converted into energy, the energies are merged, and then the energies return to a physical form resembling all the component beings. When Takanuva defused from makuta, his mask was the only peice of him that returned to phsyical form because it was only fused to Makuta's mask. However, as the rest of Takanuva's components were interweaved with Makuta's, those parts of Takanuva were only reconverted into energy but not returned to phsyical from due to how quickly he seperated. The energy that made up the rest of him would then be bound around the mask as it was the only part of him that had returned to a physical form. Then it would only be a matter of using that virtues simple to reconstitue Takanuva's energies completely to physical form. Again this is just my opinion of how it happened.

BZPOWER HAS RETURNED! AGAIN!

That's a very good theory, Creature. :) It definitely makes sense that they're converted to energy in the process, at the very least, and the rest could be plausible, although we have no specific evidence that masks can hold or anchor that much energy. But nothing really contradicts it, so nice thinking. :)

Actually, come to think of it, Taka initially appears to regenerate as Takua, before transforming back into Takanuva (He's kind of bathed in golden light and stuff, so it's hard to see). The machinery using two Matoran to re-create him actually makes sense, (since it re-created him in their image), and it was the power of the mask that transformed him into a Toa again.I think Greg was going to expand on Jaller's revival in one of the serials, (something to do with the red star?), but it's unlikely that we'll see that resolved...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's a theory about the purpose of that machine, and events during that particular scene.I propose that the machine is specifically designed to revive deceased Matoran. A mask briefly retains information on its previous owner's memories and personality - we know this from the fact that Jaller's memories/personality were intact upon being revived by Takutanuva. So by placing a mask on the machine a deceased Matoran can be revived good as new. Since this machine is hidden in the crown of Mata Nui's forehead perhaps it was used by the Great Beings during the robot's construction in order to restore Matoran that accidentally died during the testing phase. In order to revive them the machine draws upon Mata Nui's life force. Now, though this might sound like a bad thing, the difference in the amount of life force possessed by one Matoran compared to Mata Nui must be enormous, enough that Mata Nui wouldn't even feel the difference.Onto the movie. The Avohkii, retaining information on Takanuva's memories and personality, recreates his Matoran self because it is only designed to generate Matoran bodies. But then the Toa energy contained within the Avohkii instantly retriggers Takua's transformation into a Toa, which is why we briefly see Takua before Takanuva appears.(If the Toa energy contained in the Avohkii was 'used up' after the first time Takua became Takanuva, then perhaps Takutanuva purposely transferred a small amount of Toa energy into the mask before un-fusing - having delved partly into Makuta's mind Takanuva might have understood the purpose of the machine and done this in order to aid his own resurrection.)

Edited by Kumata

That's a cool theory, Kumata. I was thinking as I read it that perhaps a Toa who died would automatically have their Toa energy stored in the mask, so consciously choosing to put some of it there might not be necessary.

That's a cool theory, Kumata. I was thinking as I read it that perhaps a Toa who died would automatically have their Toa energy stored in the mask, so consciously choosing to put some of it there might not be necessary.

Kongu might contradict that theory though. On the way to Karzahni he picked up a Great Suletu - which had previously been worn by a Toa - so shouldn't he have become a Toa when he put it on?One could argue that he and the other Inika weren't destined to become 'normal' Toa however, and that only the energy from the Red Star could have triggered their transformation. Edited by Kumata

Kongu might contradict that theory though. On the way to Karzahni he picked up a Great Suletu - which had previously been worn by a Toa - so shouldn't he have become a Toa when he put it on?One could argue that he and the other Inika weren't destined to become 'normal' Toa however, and that only the energy from the Red Star could have triggered their transformation.
It could be argued that it is a special property of the Avohkii to store Toa energy, including energy storage triggered by death.

Kongu might contradict that theory though. On the way to Karzahni he picked up a Great Suletu - which had previously been worn by a Toa - so shouldn't he have become a Toa when he put it on?One could argue that he and the other Inika weren't destined to become 'normal' Toa however, and that only the energy from the Red Star could have triggered their transformation.
It could be argued that it is a special property of the Avohkii to store Toa energy, including energy storage triggered by death.
I'd think so, it's the only mask that has done so at the moment, and considering the special status of the mask and it's destined bearer, seems entirely possible. It's what I like to think happened.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

That toa had been dead for quite a while. the energy could easily have dissapated over time.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru: