Monster Fighters

Squishyfrog

I´ve spent MONTHS checking that address almost EVERY DAY to see if they have finally published the site. And now you go and dare to find it yourself just because I haven´t checked today yet? :PAnyway, this looks great. The animations are fantastic, the upcoming Unity3D game looks awesome and The lost art of Broomstickaditzu sounds very familiar. :P The games are fun, too. This looks like it´s going to be an enjoyable and unique theme! :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Oh my gooooood that video was amazing.And yeah, the video seems to imply there might be a zombie sets coming out, as I know for sure there is no Zombie Moonstone in other sets. That would make a very nice exclusive set :3I'm really looking forward to this theme. I found the sets to be really impressive, and definitely want to get the vampire castle and werewolf sets.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

If you're in the area, LEGO Monster Fighters will have an official presence at the LEGO fan convention: Brick Magic next month, in Raleigh, NC. See below, taken from the email blast sent to registered attendees last week:"And with this, some news about the LEGO guest that will be coming...Assistant Brand Manager Ariana Keyser, will be our special guest. She has dedicated all day Friday to the event, unfortunately, she will need to fly back Saturday morning. Ariana has an in-depth presentation covering the new LEGO Monster Fighters theme with images of the sets, minifigs, and various media content including a new mini-movie that will not be aired until June. She has also been able to secure copies of the physical products to be displayed for the entire weekend at the LEGO Booth.To make her welcome, it would be great to have a haunted table or two for MOCs - if you haven't built a MOC yet, this would be something to think about. A haunted house, monsters, things that go bump in the night...Many thanks to Kevin Hinkle and the LEGO Group for the guest visit!"

I'm very excited for this theme. Don't know what sets I plan to get though. Probably whatever ones I can. :PAlso, this theme has a great website. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're in the area, LEGO Monster Fighters will have an official presence at the LEGO fan convention: Brick Magic next month, in Raleigh, NC. See below, taken from the email blast sent to registered attendees last week:"And with this, some news about the LEGO guest that will be coming...Assistant Brand Manager Ariana Keyser, will be our special guest. She has dedicated all day Friday to the event, unfortunately, she will need to fly back Saturday morning. Ariana has an in-depth presentation covering the new LEGO Monster Fighters theme with images of the sets, minifigs, and various media content including a new mini-movie that will not be aired until June. She has also been able to secure copies of the physical products to be displayed for the entire weekend at the LEGO Booth.To make her welcome, it would be great to have a haunted table or two for MOCs - if you haven't built a MOC yet, this would be something to think about. A haunted house, monsters, things that go bump in the night...Many thanks to Kevin Hinkle and the LEGO Group for the guest visit!"

Will there be any online coverage or reports from the convention? I'd love to hear and see what's going on there, but won't be able to make it down there most likely.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I doubt they will have any online coverage, aside from photos floating around during/after the presentation. Multiple events have been talking about hosting some type of webcam or online component, but they haven't really gotten any traction as far I as know.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gooooood that video was amazing.And yeah, the video seems to imply there might be a zombie sets coming out, as I know for sure there is no Zombie Moonstone in other sets. That would make a very nice exclusive set :3I'm really looking forward to this theme. I found the sets to be really impressive, and definitely want to get the vampire castle and werewolf sets.

There is going to be a zombie set. Just search for "Lego Monster Fighters The Zombies". It looks like an awesome set.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Just thought of some NPU. A moonstone as an arrowhead for an archer using Hero Factory parts? Heck yeah. I'm going to love these moonstone pieces...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The Zombies will probably be the first Monster Fighters set I buy. The action function of it looks cool, and the zombies themselves look great.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I need that Rodney Rathbone figure. Bowler hat, mechanical leg, rapier sword? I am getting it first chance I get!!!They also had a lot of clever uses for the Fez that I can't wait to see MOCers use.

Edited by Click

Has anyone else noticed that the mummy glows in the dark?

Yep. Glow-in-the-dark parts (and in the mummy's case, printing) are a unifying gimmick of the Monster Fighters theme. And the sets use a new glow-in-the-dark color, 329 Glow White (Glow in Dark White on Bricklink), which is more opaque than either of the previous two glow-in-the-dark colors.Other glow-in-the-dark parts in Monster Fighters are:
  • [*]The skeleton horse in 9462[*]The Werewolf's claws in 9463[*]The stickers and Lord Vampyre's face in 9464[*]The spider in 9465[*]The spider, rat, and skull in 9466[*]The ghost shrouds, 4x4 "face", and 1x1 cones in 9467[*]The spider, ivy stickers, 4x4 "moon", and the faces of Lord Vampyre and the Vampyre Bride in 9468

• 2 weeks later...

I'm definitely looking forward to this theme. It'll be great for both Horror- and (to a lesser extent) Steampunk MOCs. =)Sets I'll be getting (by august, if all goes well) includes the Vampyre Castle, the Vampyre Hearse, the Zombies, the Swamp Creature (two of this, one being an investment - I guess there's a value in small, ten-year-old sets with exclusive figures) and The Mummy. I'm in doubt about the one with Werewolf, though.

I've been gone. Hopes to return, though perhaps just to listen.

And to brighten your day with a little pun: Why didn't the clam share with anyone?

...Because it was shellfish! =P

Thanks for letting me know about this. This is a very nice website, though I wish this computer had sound so I could listen to some stuff. I see that LEGO is using less Flash on their newer sites. I hope this continues, because some LEGO sites load so slowly for me on this old, lame computer. I never knew about the Monster Fighters app though. It looks really cool. I hope I can try it at some point after it comes out.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yep. Glow-in-the-dark parts (and in the mummy's case, printing) are a unifying gimmick of the Monster Fighters theme. And the sets use a new glow-in-the-dark color, 329 Glow White (Glow in Dark White on Bricklink), which is more opaque than either of the previous two glow-in-the-dark colors.

So... No more of the black ghost heads showing through the ghost sheet? I always hated that...

aouROFb.png

Yep. Glow-in-the-dark parts (and in the mummy's case, printing) are a unifying gimmick of the Monster Fighters theme. And the sets use a new glow-in-the-dark color, 329 Glow White (Glow in Dark White on Bricklink), which is more opaque than either of the previous two glow-in-the-dark colors.

So... No more of the black ghost heads showing through the ghost sheet? I always hated that...
Your ghost sheets were probably the second glow-in-the-dark color, which should never have been used for that piece. It was used in the pretty pathetic LEGO Legends "rerelease" of the 1995 Royal Knight's Castle. Not only did that set not even resemble the original at all (even the BURP used on the original was discontinued), but the original glow-in-the-dark color was no longer being used in 2006, so it had to be redone in the newer, mor translucent glow color. The original one never had that much of a problem. The new color in Monster Fighters, however, seems even more opaque, so we'll probably never see that problem again.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first Monster Fighters set the other day, which was The Mummy. I have to say, for a small set, I can tell that this is the kind of theme I love. Though it's simple, the parts are good, and the result is pretty cool. The new glow in the dark is great! I can get the glow-in-the-dark pieces to glow insanely bright, though it takes a bit more effort with the printed glow-in-the-dark pieces. Overall, I love the set, and I want more sets (especially that new house).

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yeah, I ended up ordering the bundle thanks to the slight discount on the lego shop at home as well as Akano and KK chipping in for the larger sets.I ended up keeping the Mummy, the Vampire Car (which is just plain awesome. Love the car and the motorcycle), and the Swamp Monster. Though, I also did get the mini Sopwith Camel which is just plain fun to play with via microfigures. XP Also, Shelob looks wonderful when she clings to the Castle from this series. That's one thing the monster fighters seem to be missing; a giant monster big bad type of character. Still, it's hard to complain.One thing I would have loved to see in these sets (particularly the castle and upcoming haunted house) are suits of armor with minifig heads that contain glowing eyes. This could be done with a glow in the dark head such as the vampire's with a black face or with a black head (like the ghosts) with printed on eyes (or perhaps a sticker?). Maybe a few living portraits would be cool too. You know, build the surrounding frame, stick a torso only into there and have it come alive. XPEven so, the sets are fun. I love the swamp monster. Really nice green minifig pieces (the mask in particular) and he has, by far, the creepiest face of all the monsters. <3

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I got the swamp monster. It's a nice little set with a good minifigure. I plan on getting more monster fighters sets in the future.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I got the Werewolf and Vampyre Hearse. The Werewolf's tree seems a bit bare, at least they should have put on enough leaves to adequately conceal the flying lycanthrope. The Vampyre Hearse looks nice, but the design makes it unable to drive on carpet. The zombie set looks cool, (HAMMER CAR) but the Zombies are cut from the back-of-instruction-manual promos and their moonstone is excluded from the Vampyre Castle, possibly because zombies are considered too frightening, barely OK enough to make it into production.

aouROFb.png

I got the Werewolf and Vampyre Hearse. The Werewolf's tree seems a bit bare, at least they should have put on enough leaves to adequately conceal the flying lycanthrope. The Vampyre Hearse looks nice, but the design makes it unable to drive on carpet. The zombie set looks cool, (HAMMER CAR) but the Zombies are cut from the back-of-instruction-manual promos and their moonstone is excluded from the Vampyre Castle, possibly because zombies are considered too frightening, barely OK enough to make it into production.
If that was the case, then why would they still have the zombie driver in the back of the instructions?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

If that was the case, then why would they still have the zombie driver in the back of the instructions?
Because it's part of the set.

aouROFb.png

...but the Zombies are cut from the back-of-instruction-manual promos and their moonstone is excluded from the Vampyre Castle, possibly because zombies are considered too frightening, barely OK enough to make it into production...
Actually it's because 9465 The Zombies is an exclusive set and those are never shown on the back of instruction manuals. If they were too scary to be on a tiny promo in an instruction booklet they wouldn't even be made at all.

overlordsukapon.png

The ghost shrouds, 4x4 "face", and 1x1 cones in 9467
You forgot the lightsaber blades and the large flame piece.Yup, I just got 9467 Ghost Train. It comes with one of the new brick seperators, which is pretty cool. One thing though. On the box flaps, some boxes say GBox on them while others don't. For example, Ghost Train and Vampyre Hearse contain the GBox logo on a box flap on each one, but The Werewolf lacks the logo. Huh?

aouROFb.png

The ghost shrouds, 4x4 "face", and 1x1 cones in 9467
You forgot the lightsaber blades and the large flame piece.Yup, I just got 9467 Ghost Train. It comes with one of the new brick seperators, which is pretty cool. One thing though. On the box flaps, some boxes say GBox on them while others don't. For example, Ghost Train and Vampyre Hearse contain the GBox logo on a box flap on each one, but The Werewolf lacks the logo. Huh?
I have no idea what "GBox" is. :shrugs: Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother