The Monster Fighters Are Alive!

Fans of the scary, macabre, and supernatural rejoice, for the Lego <a href='http://monsterfighters.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx' target='offsite'>Monster Fighter site</a> is now live! The frighteningly awesome site features a video on the story of the Fighters, several minigames, and teasers for all kinds of new content, coming soon! This may be the greatest theme Lego has ever chosen to bring back from the grave, so I suggest you read up on your creepy folklore to prepare yourself! The monsters are coming!

View the full article

It's nice to see LEGO good guy that are unquestionably good.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

>bring back from the graveDoes that mean this toyline has existed in the past?

Not sure if that's what they meant, but there was another Lego line very similar to this.
I think it is somewhat bringing back the Adventurers theme. It does look very cool, I must say.
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

This looks great. The animations are fantastic, the upcoming Unity3D game and the mobile game look awesome and The lost art of Broomstickaditzu sounds very familiar. :P The games are fun, too. This looks like it´s going to be an enjoyable and unique theme! :)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

No, it's just a pun. Because, ya know, zombies and vampires and whatever.I'd known this theme would be awesome, and this video just confirms it. I also like the characters as they're presented here; poor Dracula's bride can't get any attention. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I believe Makuta_of_Oz is hoping that the toy-line existed in the past, so therefore BIONICLE has the slightest chance of coming back. If you haven't already seen what his thoughts on BIONICLE's death, you need to get to know him before you even step towards toy-lines coming back from the grave. :PIt does seem pretty cool, very interesting.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

There was actually a Lego Studios line very similar to this; many of the sets were even the same. That's what this is 'bringing back from the grave' except they aren't movies anymore!

Edited by Kumata

Not sure if that's what they meant, but there was another Lego line very similar to this.
actually, there was a lego studios subtheme that included monsters. The old werewolf set is quite similar to the new one: 1380-1.jpg

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

actually, there was a lego studios subtheme that included monsters. The old werewolf set is quite similar to the new one: 1380-1.jpg
Oh of course, it was Studios. Should have remembered that..

Oh of course, it was Studios. Should have remembered that..
Ditto. I was too young at the time to remember it... Well, now it seems more interesting to me, I liked that line!

That's totally not the Batman logo on that rock there. No siree...But the bit with Lord Vampire snuggling up to it in his sleep (Complete with angry Mrs. Vampire) was brilliant. Even though I wish they'd named him a little more creatively...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

• 2 weeks later...

That's totally not the Batman logo on that rock there. No siree...But the bit with Lord Vampire snuggling up to it in his sleep (Complete with angry Mrs. Vampire) was brilliant. Even though I wish they'd named him a little more creatively...

I think they are trying to avoid copy right infringement or being associated with something that they may find inappropriate for kids. I personally miss when Lego themes did not have stories. There were just the clear good guys and bad guys and a kids imagination.

You are their rock.

I think they are trying to avoid copy right infringement or being associated with something that they may find inappropriate for kids. I personally miss when Lego themes did not have stories. There were just the clear good guys and bad guys and a kids imagination.
There are still themes like that. Look at Dino, which has no story but the character names that appear only on the website. Or at City, which still has no named characters.If you prefer themes with no character names at all, then you must be thinking back to an era earlier than I can remember, because even the themes I remember from the mid-90s had character names (if region-specific ones) in the LEGO Mania Magazines. And even before that the Pirates theme had characters like Captain Red Beard and Governor Broadside.

That werewolf is doing it wrong. You're supposed to bust out of your shirt when you transform and keep your trousers on! Geez...Hopefully the werewolves in this theme will at least be dressed decently...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

That werewolf is doing it wrong. You're supposed to bust out of your shirt when you transform and keep your trousers on! Geez...Hopefully the werewolves in this theme will at least be dressed decently...
As long as there is a werewolf, I won't complain!

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm Monster Alive sets in Southern California. I saw the Swamp Creature and Vampyre Castle in Chino, CA Toys'R'Us. It looks to have a similar quest set up as Atlantis. Each monster has a 'key'. Collecting all six unlock something. The Vampyre Caste (the largest set) has all the keys assembled in some device.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

There are still themes like that. Look at Dino, which has no story but the character names that appear only on the website. Or at City, which still has no named characters.If you prefer themes with no character names at all, then you must be thinking back to an era earlier than I can remember, because even the themes I remember from the mid-90s had character names (if region-specific ones) in the LEGO Mania Magazines. And even before that the Pirates theme had characters like Captain Red Beard and Governor Broadside.
Well I got my first Lego set in 1984 or 85 so yeah before all that.

You are their rock.