Seasoned Adventurer

Reier

Hey you all out there in TV land. I recently remembered the "original Reier" MoC I did in prehistoric times. It was all dopey looking and had a lime green and red color scheme (ew). So I decided to remix it since I like remixing stuff.

reierthumb.png

Blehhhh I'll do an interesting pose someday.For those backstory dudes: He's a Toa who had his air powers siphoned away from his being, leaving him with only his mask powers and combat skills. So he pretty much became a ninja. Also I'm gonna say he has a suva since they were cool and Greg forgot about them after like 2003. Oh and that old "Angelic Archery" character is his partner who I'll probably remix next.SO WHATCHA THINK

Edited by Reier

reverse the tachyon field polarity modulation, dax!!!

Phew, quite the detailed Sketch you have there! I really like the concept of the character and you made a very nice translation from Moc to artwork. The amount of detail is great, very thoroughly done and just enough to not look overloaded. Which can often be a distraction if the character is buried under small details, but you struck a nice balance in the lineart. The cleanliness of that is neat as well, making it easy for the eyes to keep hopping from detail to detail without having to strain to differentiate the shapes. My favourite parts would have to be the head, torso-armor (Great flow of shapes and you even put the pinholes from the Moc in in a good way.) and feet (Cool design on those!).Good choice of colour as well. You can never really go wrong with grey and metallic for Bionicle, but the lime is a great touch and in just the right amount, especially with those red parts to counter it a bit. Now, what I would suggest though is to intensifiy the shading some more and to add a little more contrast through that. Like this it seems relatively flat, especially on the weapon/tool, which looks like it is pressed flat against his thigh. But that's just personal preference.Now, what I noticed that could use improving are some of the proportions. First of all, the hand holding the weapon is a bit too small compared to the one hanging at his side. Even from that angle (Which you drew very nicely!) , the closed hand would look bigger, with thicker fingers and thumb.Secondly the lower legs look a bit short and slightly too small. Maybe that was intentional, I don't know. But they definitely could be longer. Not by much though. Defintely nothing to be redrawn, more like something you could stretch a little bit in Photoshop.Despite the nitpicking, this is great work, keep it up!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png