Exo-Force Discussion

joev14

Oh man...good memories. I always liked Takeshi ('cause green's my favorite color, and he was shown with a katana in the comics. I've always been a fan of swordsmen.), but I only ever got the Stealth Hunter, the Grand Titan, the Uplink, the Sentry, and the big red and black one with the silver robot pilot (forgot what it was called). So I was just missing Hayato. My friend had him though, so we should've brought them together and played XD...but alas, I started to feel too old for toys in late '06...Exo-Force was a fun line while I liked it, though.I even used to RP with my friends over IM, creating my own character, Shintaro. (Ryo's body+Hikaru's face+Takeshi's hair=Shintaro. That's it. I think I saw a frame in a comic with multiple Uplinks attacking one bigger robot BM, plus the fact that Genki wears the same orange outfit as Ryo, I assumed it was the "Generic Soldier" uniform. Like the redshirts, only...orange. I meant for him to be a generic orange-shirt.) And he had a very unoriginal Battle Machine that was a mix of the Stealth Hunter and Grand Titan, and probably a Toa Tool or two. I believe I called it the Headhunter.Good times...shame to find out it never got a proper ending.
I did that a lot too, mixing around characters, I got every single set, and I had so many extra characters. I would just mix them up so I could have extra soldiers and such.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a green robot minifig! :D But hes got sliver arms and legs. At first i thought it was a BIONICLE prototype mini fig! I wish...

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

I've got a green robot minifig! :biggrin: But hes got sliver arms and legs. At first i thought it was a BIONICLE prototype mini fig! I wish...
I think that's either from a Sonic Phantom or Shadow Crawler. I have one from the latter.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I've got a green robot minifig! :biggrin: But hes got sliver arms and legs. At first i thought it was a BIONICLE prototype mini fig! I wish...
I think that's either from a Sonic Phantom or Shadow Crawler. I have one from the latter.
It was ether my brother Daniel or Alex. But more likely alex as hes older but who knows.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Exo Force was the first system theme I started collecting since TLC's Dark Age's ended, during which I was mostly collecting Bionicle. It still is one of my favorites, both for being the first official Mecha theme and for giving me quite a few useful pieces to work with. Unfortunately, the story wasn't nearly as good as Bionicle's, though there were some cool moments, and the 2007 wave (especially the summer) was somewhat lackluster. The initial wave was and is still awesome, though - it still amazes me how big Striking Venom was for its $50 dollar price. Heck, Lego in general was priced very nicely during that era, especially compared to today.Oh, and I can't forget all the fun I had reading one of the best BZP comedies ever: NNH's Exo-Farce. If you are a fan of Exo-Force and haven't checked it out, I suggest you search for it on the forum archives. It starts out a little slow, but once it gets going it just keeps getting crazier and more hilarious. :lol:

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

• 4 weeks later...
Exo Force was the first system theme I started collecting since TLC's Dark Age's ended, during which I was mostly collecting Bionicle. It still is one of my favorites, both for being the first official Mecha theme and for giving me quite a few useful pieces to work with. Unfortunately, the story wasn't nearly as good as Bionicle's, though there were some cool moments, and the 2007 wave (especially the summer) was somewhat lackluster. The initial wave was and is still awesome, though - it still amazes me how big Striking Venom was for its $50 dollar price. Heck, Lego in general was priced very nicely during that era, especially compared to today.Oh, and I can't forget all the fun I had reading one of the best BZP comedies ever: NNH's Exo-Farce. If you are a fan of Exo-Force and haven't checked it out, I suggest you search for it on the forum archives. It starts out a little slow, but once it gets going it just keeps getting crazier and more hilarious. :lol:
Speaking of which, has he posted anything for that recently? Last I heard, he was on season 4but back to exo-force, I personally thought the storyline was fantastic, the first three books were a little boring, but the 4th book was absolutely fantastic, Ghost of the Past. Man that book was good ;)The set prices were great during that time, which is the only reason I could keep up with buying all the exo-force sets and all the bionicle sets at the same time :P Edited by joev14

• 4 weeks later...
I really want to get the Fire Vulture and Thunder Fury, they were some of the only ones I missed the first year. Are they any good? Does anyone know?
Both of them were decent sets, but like most of the standard battle machines of 2006, they suffered from fragility. I also liked the robots' battle machines more that year than I did any other year, since they had a deliberately different aesthetic to the humans' battle machines: compared to the curved slopes of the human faction's mechs, the robot faction's mechs had many more hard edges and sharp angles. They also used color sparingly, and what was used were typically dark colors (Earth Green, Dark Red, Earth Blue, Sand Yellow, etc.) This duality was lost somewhat in later years, with the robot factions using the same sorts of curved slopes as the humans, and still using black heavily but also using more bright colors like Bright Red and Bright Yellow.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I really want to get the Fire Vulture and Thunder Fury, they were some of the only ones I missed the first year. Are they any good? Does anyone know?
Both of them were decent sets, but like most of the standard battle machines of 2006, they suffered from fragility. I also liked the robots' battle machines more that year than I did any other year, since they had a deliberately different aesthetic to the humans' battle machines: compared to the curved slopes of the human faction's mechs, the robot faction's mechs had many more hard edges and sharp angles. They also used color sparingly, and what was used were typically dark colors (Earth Green, Dark Red, Earth Blue, Sand Yellow, etc.) This duality was lost somewhat in later years, with the robot factions using the same sorts of curved slopes as the humans, and still using black heavily but also using more bright colors like Bright Red and Bright Yellow.
I agree, they were good sets. The fire vulture was one of my favorites. It was fragile, but the unique design with the turbine on the back was beautiful, and it was also the only set that featured a blue devastator. To explain why the newer robot sets looked more like the humans, it was to fit the storyline to go with it. In the story, the first wave of robot sets (Fire Vulture, Thunder Fury, Sentry, Sentry II, and R-1 Rammer), were built from mining vehicles. After that, all the later sets were based of stolen human tech, which is why they looked so much like the human battle machines. Also, some of the first year sets, like the Bridge Walker, Sonic Phantom, and Striking Venom were all based of human tech as well. Just FYI