LEGO CUUSOO Updates

CUUSOO is a pretty awesome concept, and I don't think we've been giving it the coverage it quite deserves. After the Minecraft set was created, another project hit 10k supporters: target="offiste">Shaun of the Dead, but due to its violent themes was not accepted. Other projects have since reached that impressive milestone and are starting the review process now: target="offiste">EVE Online, target="offiste">Back to the Future, target="offiste">The Legend of Zelda, and target="offiste">Firefly. Some of these definitely seem like better fits than Shaun of the Dead, and hopefully we'll see Link and others transformed into ABS sometime soon!

View the full article

I'm glad I can come to BZP and see enthusiasm for all these projects! On one other site I frequent, all the old fogies are grumbling and snorting at us young whipper-snappers for getting licensed ideas like these passed and not their baroque AFOL dreams. I'm particularly stoked for the Back to the Future Time Machine.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

I'm real excited for Legend of Zelda, though this particular one wasn't my favorite Zelda submission. I'll have to wait and see how LEGO tweaks the final product.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Lego bureaucrats' censorship boooo!But seriously, I can totally understand why such an idea would be rejected.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

It's really cool to see these projects make it. It is a little annoying all the hate that they're getting because they're licensed themes from others in the Lego community. I for one would buy a pricey Serenity set, and I've never bought pricey space ships before.:music:

The only ones i'm excited for are Legend of Zelda and Back to the Future. Especially Back to the Future.

Edited by Parazan

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Great Scott! Those BTTF minifigs look pretty heavy if you ask me.Anyway, all of these look really cool and would make some awesome LEGO sets. Those Legend of Zelda minifigs in particular made my jaw drop, but you know what would be just as cool a Nintendo franchise to make sets of? Metroid. It would be utterly amazing to see some minifigs from that series. Samus, U-Mos, Rundas, I could go on and on . . .Well, even if nobody picks up on the whole Metroid idea (how would Ridley be done, anyway?), a LEGO version of Tingle would be quite hilarious. Complete with leg cramp!~B~

Edited by Ballom

A shame the Serenity set got axed so quickly, though it's not really surprising. It'll be interesting to see where the other sets wind up.I also see the Modular Western Town is nearing 10,000 supporters. I'll be keeping an eye on that - it's good to see an original idea nearing the 10k mark, because nice as the licensed ideas are, Cuusoo has potential for some cool new stuff as well.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Anyway, all of these look really cool and would make some awesome LEGO sets. Those Legend of Zelda minifigs in particular made my jaw drop, but you know what would be just as cool a Nintendo franchise to make sets of? Metroid. It would be utterly amazing to see some minifigs from that series. Samus, U-Mos, Rundas, I could go on and on . . .

I couldn't agree with this more. :)Anyway, the LOZ and BTTF sets look cool. I particularly would like to see the LOZ sets come to light.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wow, Lego reviewed the Serenity before it even reached 10,000 supporters. Too bad it didn't make it, that model was cool, the decision makes sense though.

Temple of Doom had a man plunging his hand into a person's chest and tearing out the still-beating heart, and they managed to clean it up enough to make it attractive to young children. Star Wars: Episode III has a beheading. I suspect that monetary viability was the real reason it didn't go through, regardless of the "this isn't for kids" line they posted. You can see where that sort of principle ends once the dollar signs get big enough. Edited by Nightvol: Lord of the Horde

Wow, Lego reviewed the Serenity before it even reached 10,000 supporters. Too bad it didn't make it, that model was cool, the decision makes sense though.

Temple of Doom had a man plunging his hand into a person's chest and tearing out the still-beating heart, and they managed to clean it up enough to make it attractive to young children. Star Wars: Episode III has a beheading. I suspect that monetary viability was the real reason it didn't go through, regardless of the "this isn't for kids" line they posted. You can see where that sort of principle ends once the dollar signs get big enough.
Keep in mind TLG didn't have any sets based on Temple of Doom in the first wave of Indiana Jones. In cases like that it's possible that they are willing to take slight risks by making ties to the franchise as a whole before taking the larger risk of making ties with a particular, somewhat more controversial installment. With Shaun of the Dead they didn't have that liberty because it was only one film.As for Firefly, keep in mind that sometimes people are more willing to forgive certain content in films if the film is considered a "classic". Firefly is a cult classic, but really it's just a couple decades old and unfamiliar to a wide range of people. Parents learning about it for the first time might be more offended by its content than they would be about a series like Indiana Jones which they grew up knowing. It's not entirely logical, but in cases of what's appropriate and inappropriate, often the subjective attitudes of TLG's audience outweigh the importance of objective comparisons between movie/TV franchises. It's not pretty but that's often the way it is.

I find it strange that the Serenity was axed while it was still on the front page. I thought it took longer to review than that.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

This quite heart warming in a way may be in 6 years I will make a project.

You don't have to wait six years to make the project; just to submit it. :P If you make a really nice project or idea, keep it around for those six years! :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This quite heart warming in a way may be in 6 years I will make a project.

You don't have to wait six years to make the project; just to submit it. :P If you make a really nice project or idea, keep it around for those six years! :)
That's true.......

And now we have Modular Western Town, too!http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1787

Nice! It's good to see an original project hit the mark.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42