Is It All Right To Post A Ss Both In My Blog And In Cot?

Jean Valjean

I think (just my personal thoughts on this) that because the blogs are more or less seperate from the actual forum of BZPower, it'd be alright. If you wanted to be safe, perhaps you could post it in COT, and then put an excerpt and a link the COT topic in your blog.

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

It would be completely fine, actually, since you can basically post anything (Abiding with the BZP rules of course) you want. It wouldn't be considered a duplicate because your blog and CoT are two separate parts of BZP, and because you're allowed to show your work and such in your Blog.-Rez

I think (just my personal thoughts on this) that because the blogs are more or less seperate from the actual forum of BZPower, it'd be alright. If you wanted to be safe, perhaps you could post it in COT, and then put an excerpt and a link the COT topic in your blog.

It would be completely fine, actually, since you can basically post anything (Abiding with the BZP rules of course) you want. It wouldn't be considered a duplicate because your blog and CoT are two separate parts of BZP, and because you're allowed to show your work and such in your Blog.-Rez

I see people do this all the time with MOCs: they post a topic in BBC or in SBC, and then follow it up with a blog entry containing one or two pictures and a link to the topic. The precedent for story topics is a bit different: the blog entry announces the topic or update (in the case of an epic or comedy) and links to it; in rare cases, it contains an excerpt.If you want to follow the precedent, then, I suggest posting the topic in COT, and then announcing it in your blog with a link or even an excerpt, as Ddude suggested. However, there shouldn't be anything wrong with posting the entire story in your blog entry, as Ddude and Rez both said. Again, I see it happen all the time with MOCs. It would not break any rules of which I am aware. It might be inconvenient to have comments on the story split between two parts of the site, but perhaps not. If you do want to be extra safe, I would follow Ddude's advice.Question answered, topic closed. Edited by -Windrider-