Lego Digital Designer

Alyska

• 4 weeks later...
To all those people having trouble seeing all the face decals, the easiest solution is to click View>New Themes>LDD, search "3626" or "mini head" in the search box at the top of the brick tray, and if you want to narrow the selection even further click filter bricks by color at the bottom of the brick tray and select the color you're looking for.Not only does LDD mode allow you to see decorated parts in the bricks tray (giving you access to a scroll bar), but it also includes many decorated parts that aren't even accessible with the Decoration Tool in LDD Extended mode.I've actually found that these days, LDD mode has several advantages over LDD Extended mode. For instance, in LDD mode you can search for a part by its Element ID as well as its Design ID, making it easier to find a part by viewing a set's inventory in the back of its instruction booklet. Also, for the most part, the parts palette in LDD mode is more grounded in reality-- although there are numerous exceptions, the majority of parts in LDD mode are ones that exist physically and have been released in sets, making it a bit easier to build something with a certain color scheme and keep track of whether your model can be built in real life.
Do you think Witch Doctor's head is there? I plan on using it for a Red Skull model renovation (CUUSOO project).

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

To all those people having trouble seeing all the face decals, the easiest solution is to click View>New Themes>LDD, search "3626" or "mini head" in the search box at the top of the brick tray, and if you want to narrow the selection even further click filter bricks by color at the bottom of the brick tray and select the color you're looking for.Not only does LDD mode allow you to see decorated parts in the bricks tray (giving you access to a scroll bar), but it also includes many decorated parts that aren't even accessible with the Decoration Tool in LDD Extended mode.I've actually found that these days, LDD mode has several advantages over LDD Extended mode. For instance, in LDD mode you can search for a part by its Element ID as well as its Design ID, making it easier to find a part by viewing a set's inventory in the back of its instruction booklet. Also, for the most part, the parts palette in LDD mode is more grounded in reality-- although there are numerous exceptions, the majority of parts in LDD mode are ones that exist physically and have been released in sets, making it a bit easier to build something with a certain color scheme and keep track of whether your model can be built in real life.
Do you think Witch Doctor's head is there? I plan on using it for a Red Skull model renovation (CUUSOO project).
Sorry, no. LDD Extended mode still has the most complete parts palette, and Witch Doctor's head is not one of the parts that has been added so far. Perhaps in a future update.

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of LDD Extended...I just downloaded LDD; is LDD Extended a choosable mode from a menu now, or still something you must edit in a file somewhere? Probably still won't be useful until tomorrow(Due to the time), but it's certainly something that would be interesting to find out...

Speaking of LDD Extended...I just downloaded LDD; is LDD Extended a choosable mode from a menu now, or still something you must edit in a file somewhere? Probably still won't be useful until tomorrow(Due to the time), but it's certainly something that would be interesting to find out...
It's choosable from a menu now - but I forget which menu. Probably near where you change between System and HF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I use LDD a lot again. I've made some pretty big models, and am working on a remake of the LMS Explorer right now.
Man, I had forgotten all about the LMS Explorer. I'd probably remember it a lot better if I played the Rock Raiders computer game more in my childhood, but it was riddled with bugs that (coupled with the persistent problems my mom's computer had with various games) made it nigh-unplayable.I've recently made a female Hero Factory villain using some of the parts from the latest update. I'll try and get some screenshots and make a topic sometime, but unfortunately LDD for Mac seems to have trouble with screenshots when it comes to transparent parts. Transparent parts are super-difficult to see in screenshots on Windows or Mac, and I usually have to duplicate the transparent layer several times with Photoshop to get them to look good, but on my Mac the colors of transparent parts are also desaturated to the point that if I do that, some of the parts end up looking white instead of the correct colors. The only way I've gotten them to look half-decent is if I take screenshots in front of the default backgrounds, none of which ever suit most of my MOCs.