The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

Whoa. Never, never would have guessed that there was a third split timeline. I'm honestly kinda surprised, but it does make a little more sense now.Uhh... Aside from the whole 'Oracle Series Is Before Link's Awakening' thing. >>' Though, thinking about it, it kinda makes sense, as Ganon kinda needs to be alive again for Zelda 1. =PMinish Cap then Four Swords makes a little sense(And renders the new segment added in Anniversary obviously non canon. =P), and I was thinking it would've gone like that(Though the Oracle references are kinda weird, considering they might not be present otherwise), but I would have thought there'd be a larger gap. And things are even further messed up, location name wise. =P (Eldin Volcano > Mount Cremel > Whatever it is in Four Swords > Death Mountain > Split timeline into Death Mountain, but all of the province is back to Eldin > Whatever it is in FSA, probably something different again)Makes you definitely think, though, and is likely making people go crazy in the Zelda fandom, as I don't think it occurred to anyone that the split timeline theory would have a third split. Though, I'm personally happy that the theory was right. =)Also, basically, now they can go anywhere, because FSA doesn't really have anything happening, and both Spirit Tracks and Link's Adventure could go anywhere.One thing that confuses me, however... Why didn't the goddesses flood Hyrule again if Ganon got the entire Triforce in the failure timeline? Is it more a matter of that they couldn't because of a wish? ... Makes LttP Link even more awesome, however, since he killed a full-Triforce Ganon, without even having the Triforce of Courage until the end. xDAlso, the one Timeline split never considered was the one that could never actually be seen canonically. I know exactly when it happens, however. Sometime right at the end of OoT. Either in the tower, or, since Ganon's in full-beast mode every time after that, during the final battle.

So apparently the official timeline has been revealed in the Hyrule Historia artbook, although this does hinge on translation, so it might not be 100% correct. Just as a warning this does have major spoilers.

Skyward Sword | Minish Cap | Four Sword | Ocarina of Time (Split into three time lines) A: Where Hero of Time Fails B: Where Hero of Time Wins (sent 7yrs back) C: Where Hero of Time Wins (present) A Link to the Past | Oracle Series | Link Awakening | Zelda 1 | Zelda 2 Link’s Adventure B Majora’s Mask | Twilight Princess | Four Sword Adventures C Wind Waker | Phantom Hourglass | Spirit Tracks Thoughts?

It's pretty close to what I derived, but part A doesn't make any sense...where/how does that whole branch come in?

Tom:

Apparently, according to how others are interpreting it, it's from when Link pulled out the Master Sword the very first time in OoT. Parallel Timeline or something like that. Personally, I'm thinking it might just be if he's defeated during the final battle, otherwise, how does Ganon get the entire Triforce, instead of just one piece of it? And how exactly does he get trapped in his pig form?

Well, I just beat dungeon 5 (Sandship).

I thought it was a pretty good dungeon overall, though a bit short. I was hoping to see more of the Stalfos pirate captain, though...maybe he'll turn up later? At first I was a little disappointed with the general atmosphere of the dungeon, though that changed as soon as I hit the Timeshift stone. Also, what's the deal with the ship's crew? In Skipper's house there was a picture with like forty ancient robots on the ship, and when I get to the brig where they're being held...there's three of them. But anyway, I finish the dungeon and then...the boss. I can't even describe how lame of a boss fight that was. Especially right after fighting Koloktos in the dungeon before, who is probably the best boss in the Zelda series. And then they have to go and overuse the lame "skyward strike" as the only way of cutting his tentacles (other than the bow). I mean, seriously, that move is so lame. I'm pretty sure Nintendo took sword beams out of 3D games in the first place without intention of ever putting them in again, but then fans demanded sword beams, so they were like, "Fine, we'll give you sword beams, but we'll make them so lame that you never want sword beams again." And then I get out onto the deck and the thing just looks like it's some sort of deformed pink infant cyclops that couldn't kill an octorok if it wanted to. Seriously, Nintendo, you can do better than that. Or are your standards based on the mean rather than the quality of each individual boss? Do you think the awesomeness of Koloktos compensates for the lameness of this boss whose name I can't even remember, and don't care enough to look up?

Also, on the topic of one of the sidequests:

The one with the love triangle and ??? . (I assume this was the one Blade was referring to a few pages back about meeting and old friend?) I gave the letter to Karane, but what happens if you give it to ??? instead?

:t: :b: :3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Balta:

Sidequest: That's the one. xDI actually haven't tried that variant yet, I gave the letter to Karane as well. =P So I'm honestly not sure what happens.Boss: You can use the bow? Also, I like Skyward Strikes. D= They're better when they don't take so long to charge. =P Besides, you only have to hold the sword up, no-one said you had to stand still while charging the attack. =P

(Late Game Spoiler, reason for separating)

Besides, just wait 'til you fight Demise. LIGHTNING AND AWESOMENESS CHARGED SKYWARD STRIKES. =D

Balta:

Sidequest: That's the one. xDI actually haven't tried that variant yet, I gave the letter to Karane as well. =P So I'm honestly not sure what happens.Boss: You can use the bow? Also, I like Skyward Strikes. D= They're better when they don't take so long to charge. =P Besides, you only have to hold the sword up, no-one said you had to stand still while charging the attack. =P

(Late Game Spoiler, reason for separating)

Besides, just wait 'til you fight Demise. LIGHTNING AND AWESOMENESS CHARGED SKYWARD STRIKES. =D

know you could charge your sword with lightning until I was told by my friend after I had beaten the game.ALso: I did both. (reset my game after giving the letter to karane.)The hand falls un love with him and starts stroking his head in the night. It's pretty amusing.

Edited by -Whiplash-

Gamers rise up, not down

Balta:

I meant that as in 'you can use the bow? I didn't know that. 0_o'And yes, they charge up faster once you get all the flames. Just keep going. ;)And the only reason you move slower while charging is because you aren't dashing. =P You move the same speed charging as you do otherwise, I had to do that in that battle a lot. =PWhiplash:

I randomly had it happen once or twice, and then I was suspicious, and in that section held up my sword as if to charge a Skyward Strike. Result was awesomeness. =D

More timeline spoilers/theory below.

I don't think anyone thought about a third split, it threw me for a loop, and personally I do like it. The only complaint I have is that Link's Awakening is a sequel to LttP. Although, Minish Cap being early in the timeline makes sense, because people would still (vaguely) remember Zelda had some mystical power, or in that case the Light Energy. I'm thinking Light Energy = Hylia's Spirit/Power.I'm not even going to go into the location discussion at the moment, as I've got a theory about that which might account for some of the issues regarding the placement of the Master Sword. I do need to take a look at the maps though, so I will have more on this later.The child and adult timelines we've had covered for a while within fanon, but we could never place the 2D games. However, having those games occur because OoT FAILED suddenly makes perfect sense if you remember that Nintendo claimed ages back that OoT was a game-version of the Imprisoning War from Link to the Past's prologue.(Sidenote: Although Fi is the first appearance in the games of a spirit of the Master Sword, a voice from the sword speaks to Link in the A Link to the Past Manga. This voice only speaks when Link first touches the sword, where it states that the hero has arrived to "give me new life in a new time" and commands him to raise the sword high. While the manga is uncanon, it is possible that this influenced the concept of Fi as it predates Skyward Sword by some time.)My theory for what caused the third split:Think about the Link to the Past timeline. In the background story for LttP, it was 7 sages that locked Ganon away after a massive war. If we are to assume that this is the timeline where Link withdrew the master sword but failed in his quest, then what happened there?Well, for one thing, keep in mind that the 7 maidens in LttP are the descendants of the 7 sages who locked Ganon away in the Golden Realm in the first place, which he twisted into the Dark World. Keep in mind that Zelda in LttP is the seventh maiden... And Zelda from OoT is the leader of the sages.Logically, this seems to imply that in Ocarina of Time, where Link might fail, Zelda/Sheik could still succeed. Now picture her gathering an army, somehow managing to release the 5 trapped sages (since the 6th, Rauru, wasn't ever trapped) from the various dungeons, then storming Ganon's castle... unable to kill him but able to at least trap him.And it also provides reasonable excuses for the following:

• [*]Why Twinrova are alive in the Oracle games (This was one of the problems that plagued me for the longest time.)[*]Why Gorons, Zoras, Kokiri, and other sentient non-human/hylian species are either hostile or non-existent in Hyrule after OOT (Perhaps in the LttP split they took heavy causalities and resent that fact.)

TL;DRThe three timelines make perfect sense. I like to think of it like this, there are three parts of the Triforce, broken off and given to three people who control the destiny of Hyrule, three possible timelines that are created by said people.The Wisdom timeline, created by Zelda, would be the timeline where Link returns to his childhood. (Leads into WW)The Courage timeline, where Link is a kid and manages to stop Ganondorf by talking to a young Princess Zelda. (Leads into TP)The Power timeline, where Ganondorf manages to succeed in his plans which leads to the sages sealing him away. (Leads into LttP)And... I'm done for the moment. I think I made my brain explode.

Edited by Kohaku

Kohaku:

Ooh. that actually makes perfect sense. I wonder though, is it that Link failed, or is that a result of what could have happened if Link either didn't wake up from the 7 year rest, woke up too late, or it just simply happened in between...? That's the major unanswered question right now, as both ideas are considered just as plausible now. xD

More timeline spoilers/theory below.

I don't think anyone thought about a third split, it threw me for a loop, and personally I do like it. The only complaint I have is that Link's Awakening is a sequel to LttP. Although, Minish Cap being early in the timeline makes sense, because people would still (vaguely) remember Zelda had some mystical power, or in that case the Light Energy. I'm thinking Light Energy = Hylia's Spirit/Power.I'm not even going to go into the location discussion at the moment, as I've got a theory about that which might account for some of the issues regarding the placement of the Master Sword. I do need to take a look at the maps though, so I will have more on this later.The child and adult timelines we've had covered for a while within fanon, but we could never place the 2D games. However, having those games occur because OoT FAILED suddenly makes perfect sense if you remember that Nintendo claimed ages back that OoT was a game-version of the Imprisoning War from Link to the Past's prologue.(Sidenote: Although Fi is the first appearance in the games of a spirit of the Master Sword, a voice from the sword speaks to Link in the A Link to the Past Manga. This voice only speaks when Link first touches the sword, where it states that the hero has arrived to "give me new life in a new time" and commands him to raise the sword high. While the manga is uncanon, it is possible that this influenced the concept of Fi as it predates Skyward Sword by some time.)My theory for what caused the third split:Think about the Link to the Past timeline. In the background story for LttP, it was 7 sages that locked Ganon away after a massive war. If we are to assume that this is the timeline where Link withdrew the master sword but failed in his quest, then what happened there?Well, for one thing, keep in mind that the 7 maidens in LttP are the descendants of the 7 sages who locked Ganon away in the Golden Realm in the first place, which he twisted into the Dark World. Keep in mind that Zelda in LttP is the seventh maiden... And Zelda from OoT is the leader of the sages.Logically, this seems to imply that in Ocarina of Time, where Link might fail, Zelda/Sheik could still succeed. Now picture her gathering an army, somehow managing to release the 5 trapped sages (since the 6th, Rauru, wasn't ever trapped) from the various dungeons, then storming Ganon's castle... unable to kill him but able to at least trap him.And it also provides reasonable excuses for the following:

• [*]Why Twinrova are alive in the Oracle games (This was one of the problems that plagued me for the longest time.)[*]Why Gorons, Zoras, Kokiri, and other sentient non-human/hylian species are either hostile or non-existent in Hyrule after OOT (Perhaps in the LttP split they took heavy causalities and resent that fact.)

TL;DRThe three timelines make perfect sense. I like to think of it like this, there are three parts of the Triforce, broken off and given to three people who control the destiny of Hyrule, three possible timelines that are created by said people.The Wisdom timeline, created by Zelda, would be the timeline where Link returns to his childhood. (Leads into WW)The Courage timeline, where Link is a kid and manages to stop Ganondorf by talking to a young Princess Zelda. (Leads into TP)The Power timeline, where Ganondorf manages to succeed in his plans which leads to the sages sealing him away. (Leads into LttP)And... I'm done for the moment. I think I made my brain explode.

I agree with most/all of that theory.

But Link's Awakening being a sequel to Lttp actually makes sense, because supposedly, Lttp Link is finding somewhere to train or something like that, I think we only have a game manual to rely on for that info however.. But I think it makes sense.

~PowerMiner~

Fullbringer Blade:

There are so many ways this could have gone. Perhaps when Zelda sent link back in time it was to a different timeline. She did send him back earlier in time. He was sent to a point in time that was prior to Ganondorf's attack on the castle.... so perhaps that created the split.There would be the original child timeline we played in the game.The Adult TimelineThen the timeline we all assumed was the child timeline, where he is sent back. Perhaps these are two separate timelines.So perhaps in the original child timeline, Link vanishes from it and we KNOW that Ganondorf had already attacked the castle. Perhaps the third split has been staring us in the face?

PowerMiner:

From what I've read Lttp, Oracles, and LA all feature the same Link. With the differences in sprites being due to artistic interpretation from when the games were made. Apparently, the Oracle games when they are linked, show Link sailing away on a raft. Which would explain the opening to LA. I haven't played the Oracle games, so I can't confirm this.

Edited by Kohaku

Oracle stuff:

Oh geez; if the Oracle games features LttP Link, he just got even more overpowered. xD I mean seriously, if he retained all his abilities across all games, there'd be even less of a chance of stopping him. I mean, think about it... All his magic... 20 Heart Containers... The Golden Master Sword... the different Canes and Capes... His 75% damage reducing Tunic... Among other things. And that's LttP alone. If he combined those abilities with the ones from the Oracle Games and Link's Awakening, he'd essentially be able to defeat all the Ganondorfs in all the series, plus Vaati, plus Demise, plus Bellum, and even that other guy from Spirit Tracks... All at the same time! Wind Waker Link might be the most awesome Link prior to Skyward Sword's Link, but Link To The Past is the absolute strongest Link. PERIOD.As for what I was actually replying about; I've heard that the rafts were similar, but also apparently different; but I cannot honestly comment on that, since I haven't played the Oracle games. Anyone mind grabbing a screen of what the two rafts look like?

Other stuff:

So, you're thinking that the Adult Timeline continued on as normal, as we always know about thanks to Wind Waker, the Child Timeline is as we know of, thanks to Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess... And that there was a second timeline, with Link being erased from said timeline, caused maybe by something like Zelda sending him back before pulling the Master Sword, which left the Master Sword there because Link only got it when he came out of stasis, but more or less caused a new Link to appear and become the most overpowered Link in all universes? ... Yeah, I can go with that. =P

Oracle stuff:

Oh geez; if the Oracle games features LttP Link, he just got even more overpowered. xD I mean seriously, if he retained all his abilities across all games, there'd be even less of a chance of stopping him. I mean, think about it... All his magic... 20 Heart Containers... The Golden Master Sword... the different Canes and Capes... His 75% damage reducing Tunic... Among other things. And that's LttP alone. If he combined those abilities with the ones from the Oracle Games and Link's Awakening, he'd essentially be able to defeat all the Ganondorfs in all the series, plus Vaati, plus Demise, plus Bellum, and even that other guy from Spirit Tracks... All at the same time! Wind Waker Link might be the most awesome Link prior to Skyward Sword's Link, but Link To The Past is the absolute strongest Link. PERIOD. As for what I was actually replying about; I've heard that the rafts were similar, but also apparently different; but I cannot honestly comment on that, since I haven't played the Oracle games. Anyone mind grabbing a screen of what the two rafts look like?

To be honest, I think that the same Links being in different games and not being able to retain their abilities is a question that's along the same lines as, "How can Link carry all that stuff around? I mean, honestly?"Hypothetically, the LttP Link might be the strongest, but remember, these are games. It wouldn't be much fun if you started the game off super over-powered; that just takes all the fun out of having to go through all the puzzles and challenges and finding new items and whatnot. Therefore I think it's safe to say that either Link goes through a lot of atrophy and forgets all his items between those games, or that this is really just a null and void argument because of the medium that the games are based in.However, if they were books, I suppose I could see Link reusing some of his former items... :sigh:

Well yeah, that's pretty obvious. That or he sells them for rupees like a certain blonde haired mechanic in the Megaman Legends series. =PBut honestly; even without retaining the stuff for more than one game, LttP Link is singlehandedly one of the strongest Links, second probably to either Skyward Sword Link, or Link's Adventure Link. The latter would depend on who has the most broken magic, as someone pointed out elsewhere on the internet; and Skyward Sword Link would depend on whether he could break through LttP Link's guard and utterly own him.(Someone who slices through an army on his own is one of the only people who can match up to someone who takes on a thief-turned-monster who has the full Triforce. I don't care what anyone else says. xD)But really, I'd say the latter about 'this is a null and void argument'. =P We know LttP Link is the strongest ever. It's just that it's no fun if you're Ganon-stomp level right from the start. =P

Another possibilty... Could OoT Link have had his memory wiped somehow? In that case.. Having those prior skills... He could be Lttp Link? Okay thats silly.. =PBut.. Who knows?..Wasnt the Hero of Time sent back BEFORE he pulled the Master Sword? If that is the case... technically, in that timeline... he never pulled it..All this is confusing me.I never knew The Oracle games were Lttp Link.. But.. Man I really need to play Lttp, Oracle games, Minish Cap, and Adventure of Link... XD

~PowerMiner~

Edited by PowerMiner

Oh geez. But technically even so, he didn't really get overpowered until LttP ended, so we wouldn't have a gamebreaker if a game came along that allowed you to play through in order and keep all your skills. ... Though, technically he'd be able to lift rocks with a single fingernail by the time the timeline was done, since you have the Gauntlets in OoT, on top of the uber gloves in LttP... xD But I think there's too large a gap between the Imprisoning War and LttP for that one to work. And the Oracle stuff only has the new timeline and apparently some references to LttP Link being the same one to count him as one and the same, so it might not be, but I'm going with the guess that it is. If only because LttP Link is awesome.As for OoT Link being sent back, yes, he was sent back before getting the Master Sword. That might be the reason this triple split is possible.

A question about OoT and some more info on our time-lines.

Waiit... Waiiit..... What happened at the end of Ocarina of Time? When Ganon defeated Link... Okay: Link was sent back to before he pulled the Master Sword, but, what else happened?Im other news, this is some more info:Ancient Tales: Skyward Sword → The Minish Cap → Four Swords → Ocarina of TimeClassic Tales: A Link to the Past → Oracles → Link's Awakening → The Legend of Zelda → The Adventure of LinkChild Tales: Majora's Mask → Twilight Princess → Four Swords AdventuresAdult Tales: The Wind Waker → Phantom Hourglass → Spirit TracksClassic timeline further explained...Branch 1: Link is defeated by Ganon in OoT.Branch 2: Link comes back from the future in OoT and tells Zelda what's going to happen, she sends him away.Branch 3: There is no longer a hero in the future of OoT since Link was sent back.After Link dies in Ocarina of Time, Ganon obtains the entire Triforce. The Seven Sages seal away Ganon and the whole Triforce as a last resort, but villains with their eyes on the Triforce make for the Sacred Realm, which eventually turns into the Dark World and is filled with evil power. The Seven Sages then try to seal away the Sacred Realm itself, but end up fighting with monsters. This is the Imprisoning War of A Link to the Past.

PowerMiner: (Since this is known info from OoT, I'm not gonna spoiler this)At the end of OoT, Ganon goes beast out on Link. Link's Master Sword initially gets thrown elsewhere, but he gets it back, and stabs Ganon in the face. Epicness there. ... Anyway. So, Link and Zelda somehow ends up in the sky after Zelda seals Ganon. After a little talking, Link hands Zelda the Ocarina, and she plays, IIRC, Zelda's Lullaby on it to send him back to his original time. Link ends up right before he pulled the Master Sword seemingly. However, in every version so far, Link's been placed into the Temple of Time... without the Goron Bracelet.Anyway, so, there's all that, and then Navi flies off, and Link goes to warn Zelda. We later find out that Navi headed deeper into the Temple of Time, instead of outside of it, thanks to Twilight Princess.Now then...

Is that other info you were talking about stuff that was recently translated? Or is it just a guess like we've been doing? If it's just a guess, that would be very plausible, yes. The only problem if it actually is Link getting defeated, instead of it just being the Seven Year Gap that would be changed normally(Due to Link being missing from that too)... No-one would be able to play it naturally, if they ever released a massive collection that included a chronological mode. Because no-one dies against Ganondorf normally. xD

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

I still haven't seen evidence which shows what caused the failed timeline. I hope we can get an english version of the book, that would settle so many issues. While probably creating more issues.Also, my theory is there is only one timeline in which Ganondorf has been defeated for good. In WW he had the Master Sword thrust into his head. This turned him to stone and sealed his/Demise's hatred within the Master Sword. I do believe that when Ganondorf is killed outright he will be reincarnated. Thus the cycle continues.Anyway translations from the TP page of Hyrule Historia:The Demon Thief Ganondorf's ExecutionPeriod of the Hero of Time (Child Era):Twilight Princess:Dark Clouds Threaten HyruleMeanwhile, the Hyrule Kingdom, with Princess Zelda's knowledge of future events from Link, the Hero of Time, accused Ganondorf of allowing the destruction of Hyrule.Several years later, Ganondorf, the dreaded demon thief who had acquired evil magic, was to be executed at last.The Arbiter's Grounds and the Mirror of TwilightIn the Arbiter's Grounds, Ganondorf was executed by six sages. However, Ganondorf was elected to not die by the Triforce of Power, and killed one of the sages. Panicking, the sages used the Mirror of Twilight to exile Ganondorf in the Twilight Realm.At this time the sages were given the mission by the Gods to protect the Mirror of Twilight.However, Ganondorf's malice went with him into the Twilight Realm, which threw the Twilight Realm into disorder.History of the Twilight RealmIn ancient times, the people were deeply religious and the world had long been at peace. But, eventually there was conflict over the Sacred Realm, Hyrule. Among the people, those appeared who excelled at black magic and with their super powerful evil magic tried to govern the Sacred Realm.The Gods sent the four Light Spirits, who then sealed away the Fused Shadows. Additionally, they used the Mirror of Twilight to exile them to the Twilight Realm so that they would never be able to interact with the World of Light. The people living in the Twilight, came to be called the Twili.Demon Thief GanondorfCarrying the proof of the Triforce of Power, Ganondorf acquired evil magic. This time axis's Ganondorf, who thought the Triforce of the Sacred Realm was untouched, concluded there must have been some disturbance since Link returned home with the Triforce of Courage.The SagesMore information of this time's sages like their names are unknown. From the emblems depicted on the sage's clothing they are known to be sages of light, forest, fire, water, shadow, and spirit.Ganondorf's MaliceGanondorf's malice increased from his wicked heart and hatred.

I guess that explains why Ganondorf looks so much older in TP... He is a lot older, as Several years could mean even more than seven, maybe ten or more. At least, that's how I'm reading into that line. >>'Also, remember, while Ganondorf might've been killed outright with the Master Sword in Wind Waker, the cycle didn't stop there, as Malladus appeared in Spirit Tracks to prove that heroes wearing green caps cannot catch a break. Ever. =P

Just got to dungeon 6 (Fire Sanctuary).

The part where you protect the robot on the way up the volcano was awesome. The final Silent Realm was great, too - I was running around without a tear activated for about half the time. Pretty intense. It's the neat little diversions like this that really make SS stand out.Based on what the Sheikah Stone near the entrance said about getting a piece of heart, I'm guessing the item for this dungeon is some sort of enhanced mole mitts that let you burrow underground? I guess I'll find out soon.

:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

PowerMiner: (Since this is known info from OoT, I'm not gonna spoiler this)At the end of OoT, Ganon goes beast out on Link. Link's Master Sword initially gets thrown elsewhere, but he gets it back, and stabs Ganon in the face. Epicness there. ... Anyway. So, Link and Zelda somehow ends up in the sky after Zelda seals Ganon. After a little talking, Link hands Zelda the Ocarina, and she plays, IIRC, Zelda's Lullaby on it to send him back to his original time. Link ends up right before he pulled the Master Sword seemingly. However, in every version so far, Link's been placed into the Temple of Time... without the Goron Bracelet.Anyway, so, there's all that, and then Navi flies off, and Link goes to warn Zelda. We later find out that Navi headed deeper into the Temple of Time, instead of outside of it, thanks to Twilight Princess.Now then...

Is that other info you were talking about stuff that was recently translated? Or is it just a guess like we've been doing? If it's just a guess, that would be very plausible, yes. The only problem if it actually is Link getting defeated, instead of it just being the Seven Year Gap that would be changed normally(Due to Link being missing from that too)... No-one would be able to play it naturally, if they ever released a massive collection that included a chronological mode. Because no-one dies against Ganondorf normally. xD

Its probably just a coincidence on the Goron bracelet thing, because: Think about it? How would link get out of the Temple if the Door of Time was closed? Also, Navi flew further into the temple? I don't remember that in Twilight Princess... So that whole adventure, was to get to an alternate time-line.. And get rid of Ganondorf before he got to power... I see... Also, I think that which I pasted was translated from the book. Also, could someone remind me whether or not Vaati And/or Ganon die in Four Swords? Another thing, it doesn't appear that Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures have the same Link(s).... Also, in the Adult Timeline, it would be funny if Ganon broke free from the Master Sword... :lol: Or maybe not... Hmmm.

@Balta

Yeah that part was quite interesting.

All this speculation and finding out is hurting my brain...~PowerMiner~

Power Miner:

1. Maybe due to the method of time travel Zelda used, the Gate of Time automatically opened, and closed behind Link? That's the one thing people debate about when that's brought up... It's really weird. =/ But another thing is that the ending of OoT is exactly the same as the initial meeting with Zelda. ;)2. Yes, Navi flew further into the temple. If you've gotten to the Temple of Time segment in Twilight Princess, you'll know after stabbing that pedestal twice that the 'window' Navi flew 'out' of, was actually just an illusion that led deeper into the Temple. So poor OoT Link was looking in the wrong place for months. xD3. Well, that wasn't exactly the idea going into the adventure. That was more Zelda's meddling with time that caused all this mess in the first place. :rolleyes: Well, that and Link deciding to prevent that form happening a second time.4. Vaati gets trapped in the Four Sword in Four Swords... Again.(That's the second time he's been sealed, if people are keeping track, once in Minish Cap even if it's not seen, and once in Four Swords) Ganon ain't in Four Swords, though, just in Adventures. =P5. It might appear to have the same Link, but this definitely confirms that it isn't. Besides; you could say that Minish Cap Link and Four Swords Link are the same, and while they have a chance to be now(Even though that makes no sense, because Link would know about Vaati and not need to be told about it by Zelda), you can chalk all that up to using the same art design... Besides, that argument could be used to say that LoZ Link and LttP Link are, in fact, one and the same, where there's likely years difference.6. Oh geez, just what they need. xD Though, given he was stabbed, turned to stone, flooded, and left to rot for hundreds of years, I think he's dead this time. =P

I'm finding it interesting, the Timeline theories have always been something I've thought intriguing. =)

Also, remember, while Ganondorf might've been killed outright with the Master Sword in Wind Waker, the cycle didn't stop there, as Malladus appeared in Spirit Tracks to prove that heroes wearing green caps cannot catch a break. Ever. =P

However, there is no evidence to say if that Malladus is related to the normal cycle. The time he would have come to power would have been shortly after they settled New Hyrule. I'd say there is a good chance that Ganondorf's evil was still sealed by the Master Sword.Either way, Link can't catch a break. :P

Also more timeline stuff:

Also, here is a nice little image going into a bit of detail regarding the timeline.

Kohaku:

Eh, might not be directly related to Ganondorf, but no-one ever stated that Demise's curse only applied to Ganondorf's evil. xPBut yeah, either way, Link's pretty much doomed to never have a moment of peace, one way or the other. Majora and Bellum proved that pretty good as well. =PAs for the image, I think that works very well. =)/EDIT: Also, as a side-note, that timeline image just goes to show how many times Ganon has been revived in the new timeline. xD

Also, random guess theory here. =P

I randomly guess that Vaati is somehow a reincarnation or alternate curse of Ghirahim. ... Yeah, yeah, I know, everyone and their brother thought Ghirahim was Vaati, but he has too many similarities, especially with their rituals, and obsession with light stuff, and ties to gods(Demise was a god, Vaati 'became one' according to what he was saying, though that also might've been just him going insane.) and stuff like that. Besides, there's no way one little cap was the only reason Vaati turned epic bad.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Fullbringer Blade:

I do agree with you, on the point that Demise's evil might be able to manifest in different forms. However, timewise from when Ganondorf was sealed by the Master Sword at the bottom of the ocean to the settling of New Hyrule it would have only been a few years. Malladus appeared and started terrorizing New Hyrule around the time they arrived.I should hope the Master Sword can keep Ganondorf's evil sealed for a few years. If anything after Spirit Tracks the seal could have been weaking on the Master Sword... so we might see Ganondorf again in the WW timeline. Personally, I think he is gone for good. Or at least sealed away for a long time.As for the other theory, personally, I like it. Probably because I don't want Ghirahim to disappear after one game. I want to see more of him.

Kohaku:

1. Yeah, that's true. However, I don't think Demise's curse was something that was basically 'hosted'. But, then again, you might have a point with the whole 'right after they arrived' thing. I really need to find a cheap copy of Spirit Tracks so I can play through it. >_>'2. Yeah. While we might be rid of him finally in that timeline; there is always a possibility. But, since it wasn't a 'bwahaha, it's just a key' type of seal like it was before, he might finally be dead. xD Unless some deep, deep sea diver decides 'ooh, what a nice sword in what a nice statue, what happens if I pull it out... AAAAAH!' and unleashes Ganon's wrath again.3. Yeah. Ghirahim was pretty cool, and had an awesome fighting style. And his personality was insane, but awesome. He might have gotten away, but... I don't think his sword disappearing was a good sign. =P But, if it is Vaati... Well... That doesn't help us seeing him again any better than it not being Vaati, since he's a big floating eyeball now. xD

Fullbringer Blade:

1. Try not to get too bored of the train sections.2. I think the seal would last longer, seeing as during WW you had to return the Master Sword to its full power. Either way, the way I see it, we will see Ganondorf's statue in a museum in New New Hyrule. I guess it brings new meaning to the sword in the stone. :P3. Well, if it is Ghirahim, that would make Vaati one handsome eyeball.

Kohaku: 1. Yeah; I've heard that was a little different. xD Can't be any worse than the sailing sections in Phantom Hourglass, though. =P

2. Hahaha; yeah, that's very true. Wonder if they would go down to Old Hyrule to go grab a seaweed-covered statue with a rusty sword. =P3. Yeah, and he'd also be an eyeball sword, if you think about it. =P

At this point I don't think these need the spoiler tag. XDFullbringer Blade:1. By about halfway through the game, you will be longing for the sailing sections of PH. :P2. They brought it to the surface with the S.S. Linebeck. :P3. Freaky, yet devilishly handsome eyeball swords for everyone!

True. I mean, Skyward Sword's been out for like a month now. =P1. Oh geez. xD Well, if I can ever find it for like 10 dollars(Even if it's used, though I'd much rather a new copy. =/) or so, then I'll get it. =D2. So that's why Nintendo had Linebeck go back with Link. xD It aaaall makes sense now. =P3. Yep. =D Wait, wait, I've got one even better... Freaky, yet devilishly handsome eyeball swords that split you into four for everyone! =D As that's technically Vaati's form now. =P ... Until someone is fooled into drawing the sword, of course. :rolleyes:

2. Perfect sense. We have completely solved the last mystery of Zelda. =P3. Hmmm... I could use one of them. Having four of me would be great! *Draws the Four Sword.*More Timeline stuff:

Ocarina of Time & MM-Link is sent back from the future at the end of OoT, becomes a child again-Child Link goes to see Zelda, warns her of what happens in the future-Zelda gives Link the Ocarina of Time, tells him to go far away so Ganondorf doesn’t access Sacred Realm-Thus, Link leaves on a secret journey-Borrows Epona from Lon Lon Ranch-After a few months, goes to look for Navi-Gets lost in a mysterious forest, then arrives in Termina-After MM ends, Link leaves Termina, his whereabouts after that are unknown.The Legend of Zelda & Adventure of Link-At the end of LoZ, peace returns to Hyrule-Link remains in Hyrule-However, Hyrule is ??? by the henchmen of the evil king Ganon, who are plotting to revive him-AoL beginsEtc.-The Deku Mask does indeed contain the soul of the Deku Scrub who died in the forest connecting Hyrule and Termina-Not much is known about the Sages from TP except that they represent different elements due to the marks on their clothes.Also regarding OoT:After Link dies in Ocarina of Time, Ganon obtains the entire Triforce. The Seven Sages seal away Ganon and the whole Triforce as a last resort, but villains with their eyes on the Triforce make for the Sacred Realm, which eventually turns into the Dark World and is filled with evil power. The Seven Sages then try to seal away the Sacred Realm itself, but end up fighting with monsters. This is the Imprisoning/Sealing War of A Link to the Past.

Kohaku: 2. Woot! =D3. *Watches as Vaati is released and Kohaku is split into four* Did I mention you release Vaati in the process? =P

Ocarina/MM stuff: Yeah, that all makes sense, and part of Link's journey is explained finally. After all, we all knew it was Navi since MM was released anyway. =P Looks like they could indeed set a sequel to Majora's Mask up, though. Since they say Kid Link's whereabouts are unknown and all. Maybe he really is the Hero's Shade. =PZelda Stuff: Looks all like what we all expected already, just from the game's manual. =POther stuff: 1. Yeah, kinda figured that. The ending seemed to indicate it. =/2. Also figured that, but I wonder who they are...?OoT Split: I still wonder why they opted for a split that no-one would see under normal gameplay... odd. =/ Do they say where the death occurs?(Never did die in OoT 3D during the final battle, maybe they snuck something in without anyone realizing it at the time.)

You know... I bet it did close behind him, because if Ganondorf needed the Ocarina to access the Sacred realm, then it must have closed... XDAlso, how do you guys know he was looking for Navi in MM? Hmm... I never realized how much weight the Hero of Time really had on his shoulders. So how was Ganondorf brought up to the sages to be "Killed"? Did he know about himself being defeated in the alternate time-line? O_o? The Oocca created Hyrule?~PowerMiner~

Yeah, exactly. =PBecause a) The opening pretty much outright confirms it.("And so, Link headed off on a journey to find his old friend blah blah blah... *Insert Fairy sound here*") and http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png The new book apparently confirms it even more. =P See Kohaku's post two posts up. It has a section about more new stuff.As for how Ganondorf was brought to be killed, he was chained up and such. Twilight Princess shows that failed attempt. =P And he might not have known, but it seems he suspected something was wrong now.And about the Oocca, I don't think they themselves literally created Hyrule; I think they're descendants of people from Skyloft. That'd make sense, since it was people from Skyloft who remade Hyrule after Skyward Sword.