The Legend Of Zelda

PowerMiner

I don't have Minish Cap, so the Wind Tribe didn't stick out in my mind, I'm pretty sure those guys are descendants of Skyloft. But the Oocca... Where could they have come from?On a random note, if you throw those Remlits (Cat creatures) off the edge of Skyloft, they fly back with their big ears.. it's strange, but fun to watch.

PowerMiner: Eh, they might be Loftwings that gained intelligence. =PKohaku:

Given the timeline position, it's almost a guarantee that the Wind Tribe are in fact Skyloftians. However, what I want to know is, why are there only clouds and one building, if it is indeed Skyloft? Aside from the fact that Skyward Sword, and therefore Skyloft, was made afterward. =PBut, yeah, it does remind me of Groose's hair. So, it's not Hyrule that's Grooseland...Skyloft is Grooseland! =D

Anyone know what each song in the Wind Waker medley is? I really wanna know what that song that sounds like the shop theme in Minish Cap and Link's Awakening is, and where it's played in Wind Waker. xD/EDIT: PowerMiner: *Pauses* Say, could the Remlits be Oocca, of all people!? Nah. That's too unlikely. =P

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

PowerMiner:

Considering how much time has passed it is possible that the Wind Tribe naturally evolved into the Oocca.

Fullbringer Blade:

Grooseland does make sense.

I hope they release and english version. If not I will have to find a way to get a japenese copy of Hyrule Historia.

Hyrule Historia is pretty much the only art book/data book that I'd really really consider getting. Especially because of the timeline, because definitely because it's Zelda. This year's made me an even bigger Zelda fan, if it was actually possible. xD

This was probably the biggest year for Zelda ever. I've gotten to play quite a few new and old Zelda games this year.These were all new for me:Link's Awakening DXFour Swords Anniversary EditionSkyward SwordAnd revisiting Ocarina of Time, in three glorious dimensions. Including fun revisiting of Minish Cap, LoZ and Zelda 2.Not to mention the sheer amount of awesome Zelda music.

Edited by Kohaku

^ Pretty much the same for me. Pretty much exactly the same, in fact. xD Well, actually, I also played Majora's Mask for the first time this year as well, which was awesome. =D /EDIT: Oh, and Wind Waker, nearly forgot that. =)But yeah, biggest year for Zelda, and I have to say: The 3DS is the biggest system for Zelda so far, and it's all thanks to Nintendo cutting the price drastically. Thanks Nintendo! =DAnd since there's still at least one more week of releases to go, there's always the very slim possibility of at least one of the oracle games being released. Though I doubt that, if only because of the linked game thing. They probably won't release it for a while due to that. =/... Say, I wonder if I can get in a session of Link To The Past this year? Then I'm almost guaranteed to have played at least most of the games ever released. Obviously not Oracles or Spirit Tracks, but hey, there's always next year for that. Especially since I've got pretty much almost all the games myself. =)

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

The 3DS has quite a bit of Zelda on it.... the only problem is it needs more Zelda. :PI do hope they find a way to rerelease the Oracle games, they are now the only Zelda games I haven't played. At least, I think they are the only ones I've missed.

Edited by Kohaku

1. Indeed. xD I wonder what they'll do for the new 3DS game they're working on? And how they'll work in the 3D effect?(You can't say it won't happen; the only way it won't, is if they utilize the Gyroscope instead or something. =P I mean, they worked Colour into the Link's Awakening re-release, they focused on the touch screen almost exclusively for the two DS games... And that's only the handheld things. =P)2. That's very true. And the same case for me, aside from Spirit Tracks being an additional one. xD I've played all the console games now, which is very cool. =)

We later find out that Navi headed deeper into the Temple of Time, instead of outside of it, thanks to Twilight Princess.

For some odd reason, I don't ever remember seeing this anywhere in Twilight Princess...Anyhow, I finally got Skyward Sword a few days ago and have been playing it like crazy and all that. I do have a couple questions for people who have actually completed the game, though. For one, O just made it to the Laynaru Mines.How far is that into the entire game as a whole? And secondly, is the game's story worth not spoiling myself on its ending?

As for the recent release of the timeline, all I can say is that I did not see the three-way split coming. But it does sort of make sense, however, considering the number three's prominence throughout the series.What does irk me, however, is the number of fans that say that even if the timeline is confirmed by Nintendo and all that, they themselves will not consider it to be the actual timeline. Its a little interesting to see the number of people who presume they know more about a game series than the people that made it.

Kahi: Well, it doesn't outright say that Navi went further into the Temple, but, given that you see the window she went through, and later go through said window to find a door and a whole other section of the Temple, logic indicates that's where she went, further into the Temple. =PAs for Skyward Sword: You're not even a third of the way through yet. xD And whatever you do, do not spoil the ending. It is much more satisfying playing this through to the end and seeing it yourself; it's that good a story.

I agree about those fans. I've been seeing them a lot lately on the internet, especially since this reveal, and the excuses they make up to try and say this isn't official is beyond me. I just shake my head when I see it. =PAnd you do have a point about the three's prominence. And really, that also makes the nature of the splits make sense. I just wish they had've handled it slightly differently. Like, say, have the third split be from a Child timeline that transitioned to the Adult timeline without Link, because he was erased from the Child/Adult timeline entirely by Zelda sending him back before he pulled the Sword out, and before most of his journey. Because him dying to cause the third split... While it fits it being a 'Power' timeline(And certainly fits the way overpowered nature of LttP Link. xD), just doesn't fit into Ocarina of Time. Whereas the other two splits make sense, because we can actually see them through the gameplay(Especially since, you know, it's caused by Zelda's meddling.)... The only time we see Link die is if we mess up as gamers, and we try to prevent that from happening. =P Still half tempted to die against Ganon in the final fight of OoT3D...

Ah, that's good. I was hoping I wasn't too far in: I paid 70 bucks for this game, and if this followed the traditional formula of three dungeons fight boss three more dungeons fight boss again, I'd already be about halfway through =P

Also, I agree with it being handled a little wrongly. What I'm sort of wondering about is at which what point did Link actually die in Ocarina of Time in order to cause that third split. Has it been confirmed?

Zakann: *Points at Karda Nui* If the desert was somehow flooded, then Castor Wilds could be a swampy version of the Lanayru Desert. Or, as you say, the desert itself could be a little to the west, since it seems a little smaller(Lanayru never did match up perfectly when I was looking at the map). However, I'd say a good portion of the desert could have become a swamp; which would fit... I mean; there always has to be gerudo Desert, so a portion of it has to survive, no matter what.I'm just not sure how the map does a twist to put the volcano closer to where the woods are in time for OoT. 0_o(And thinking now, maybe the other stuff also fits. It's just been mirrored for the old games. I mean, you have a mountain at the top, woods in the west, and a water area... somewhere else. And even that could have dried up or been changed in time for Zelda 1, and well, Zelda II was always the wildcard. =P)Kahi: Yeah, it's definitely not that. You get 30+ hours of gameplay, and that's if you only briefly touch on the sidequests, and basically rush through the game.My gametime was more at 65:05 or something like that when I finished Skyward Sword. And that was completing everything but getting all the miscellaneous upgrades.

I don't think it's been confirmed when he dies; as I'm curious about that too. There are many places where he could die. I mean, a plant could eat him... A fish could eat him... He could get blown up... A rampaging transformed pig that has the power of the Triforce of Power could impale him... You just don't know. xD

Well, I just beat dungeon 6 (Fire Sanctuary).

So I have the Master Sword now, huh? Yeah, right. First off, it's missing the patterns on the blade, not to mention that the wings on the cross guard are wrong. And the scabbard is blue and silver, not purple and gold. Huh. Reminds me a bit of the Master Sword in WW. Obviously I still have a decent ways to go, judging by what Blade said about Lanayru Mines being less than a third of the way through the game. But I saw in Nintendo Power's review that there's only seven dungeons...and let's see now, I'm assuming still have to fight: the Imprisoned, the final boss, Ghirahim again, and that flying whale thing from the N3DS conference trailer...This is where things start to get interesting.

:t::b::3:

Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Balta:

Yes. And nice noting about the WW similarity; keep that in mind. ;)And yes, this is definitely where things get interesting. But, there's another 'boss' that you left off, that will make you think this is one of the most awesome games in the Zelda series. =PBut just keep going.

I'm nearing the 60 hour mark in terms of playtime...Details in spoilers below

I have 19 hearts; 4 more Pieces for Max Health. Gratitude Crystals done. Almost all upgrades except for Bow, which I'm working on. My inventory at all times is Hylian Shield, two Bottles, two Heart Medals (the kind that add a heart), and a Big Bomb Bag, Big Quiver and Big Seed Satchel (might not have names right :P). Definitely some of the better side quests in the series, I definitely liked that Pumpkin Shooting game.I'm gonna be around 60-65 hours to complete that, then it's on to Hero Mode! =D

/EDIT:About the Timeline...

Guys, why is it necessary to know exactly where Link failed in OoT? I don't think it's even referring to one specific point, it's just the possibility that he failed. Maybe Bongo Bongo crushed him or he failed in the Water Temple or he got horrifically murdered by Cucoos. It could be anything.

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Timeline stuff:

Eh, it's not needed, but it's nice to know. =P Besides, depending on where he failed, a plot hole might open. =PPlus, if Nintendo knew they'd be releasing this when they released OoT 3D, they might've added an Easter Egg ending where Link died, to further reference it. I doubt it, as you'd think people would've found it by now, but... =P

Returned to Sealed Grounds after Dungeon 6.

Well, that was interesting. I never expected that the Imprisoned would be Ghirahim's master, probably because he was talking about resurrecting his master, not freeing him. Though I suppose by "resurrecting" he could be referring to returning Demise to his true form... Also explains what that room in the back of the temple is. Of course, now we have a time paradox on our hands, as the seal Zelda placed on herself was there the first time I came to the Sealed Temple...Also, I noticed that the camera cut to Impa as Zelda was talking about how the old woman saved her. Is that supposed to indicate that the old woman is Impa herself...? It would probably make more sense if Impa came from the past, as there's not much place she could've lived if she was from the present...

EDIT:

I was expecting Zelda to "become" the goddess in some way, though.

:t: :b: :3: Edited by Toa Balta #3

Q2TtLEz.png

Fighty: it most certainly is awesome, I agree. =DKohaku: Now that I have my Wii again, I should get to trying Hero Mode.Also, does the battle data also include if you do the huge fight in the boss refight? xD

Just got the Hylian Shield.

It wasn't really that hard to get, mostly just time-consuming - it takes like half and hour to do, and then if you die, you start over. But it's actually pretty easy if you stock up on hearts on easy battles like Scaldera, The Imprisoned (first time), and Ghirahim (first time).Anyway, I was a little disappointed with the dragons overall. They didn't even look like dragons, more like human-reptilian hybrids. They wear clothes, for cryin' out loud! And Lanayru has a beard! Only Faron had a real role in the plot; Eldin and Lanayru were just kind of thrown in at the end. Especially Eldin, he just shows up after you finish stealing your stuff back - oh, hi, you want to learn the Song of the Hero, sure, here you go. At least Lanayru had an actual quest for you to do. Not that the Eldin province segment of the Song of the Hero quest wasn't one of the highlights of the game, I just wish Eldin himself had shown up sooner.

Q2TtLEz.png

Well, uh, technically he did. xD He was directly responsible for that eruption that caused you to get captured in the first place. But yeah, even him appearing in the background would have been nice. =PLanayru was hinted at from the very first time you go to the Lanayru Caves, however.

Might I just say that the 25th Anniversary CD is freaking rad?

I'm listening to it right now.Yes, it is "freaking rad".
I agree wholeheartedly.My favorite song on the whole CD has to be the Ganondorf battle from the Wind Waker symphony. I really love that song, and I was a little disappointed when ZREO screwed it up (their snare drum was way in the background; it wasn't loud enough at all, and neither was the piano), but the 25th Anniversary edition really fixed it. I just wish they did the whole song through and looped it. :(

Well, uh, technically he did. xD He was directly responsible for that eruption that caused you to get captured in the first place. But yeah, even him appearing in the background would have been nice. =PLanayru was hinted at from the very first time you go to the Lanayru Caves, however.

The eruption was another thing I didn't get. At least Faron had a reason for flooding the woods. Eldin's just like, "Oh, sorry, I kinda felt like making the volcano erupt. So I did." Seeing his silhouette or something at the beginning would've been cool.And Lanayru wasn't really hinted at any more than Eldin was, as Golo just mentioned that there were three dragons.

Q2TtLEz.png

Except, for the Gossip Stone. =P The stone specifically said that Lanayru would test you and give you a shield. =P Didn't actually mention his name or anything, but you knew you'd be seeing the dragon.And yeah, maybe those Bokoblin were too fashionable. xD

Blade: Oh, yeah, forgot about that.ckmc:

Yeah, I was exaggerating. And I agree that Eldin's reaction to meeting Link was a lot more natural than Faron's. And Link had already proved himself to Faron the first time they'd met. But apparently saving her life wasn't enough for her. Anyway, I just thought that overall Eldin and Lanayru had a lot of unused potential.

I'm currently working on doing the sidequests I've missed. I'm periodically talking to everyone in Skyloft, day and night, after major story events. About how close am I to finishing the game, anyway?:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Balta:

Not that far, actually. But the bit that's left is also very long, about the length of, say, Fire Sanctuary or Lanayru Mining Facility maybe? You've got about one dungeon and 3 boss fights. Though one's only a boss fight in spirit, technically. =P Shouldn't even be considered a boss fight, technically. But that's a question for the Boss Rush section, not me. :rolleyes:

I'm listening to it right now.Yes, it is "freaking rad".
I agree wholeheartedly.My favorite song on the whole CD has to be the Ganondorf battle from the Wind Waker symphony. I really love that song, and I was a little disappointed when ZREO screwed it up (their snare drum was way in the background; it wasn't loud enough at all, and neither was the piano), but the 25th Anniversary edition really fixed it. I just wish they did the whole song through and looped it. :(
Are we talking about the one that comes with Skyward Sword or something else?

I'm listening to it right now. Yes, it is "freaking rad".
I agree wholeheartedly. My favorite song on the whole CD has to be the Ganondorf battle from the Wind Waker symphony. I really love that song, and I was a little disappointed when ZREO screwed it up (their snare drum was way in the background; it wasn't loud enough at all, and neither was the piano), but the 25th Anniversary edition really fixed it. I just wish they did the whole song through and looped it. :(
Are we talking about the one that comes with Skyward Sword or something else?
Yeah, that CD.

Sorry if I'm butting in to the conversation but I just finished WW. THE SAILING. OH THE SAILING. I actually felt slightly let down by the final battle, because I didn't even get hit during the fight. But aside from that (and the SAILING), I do believe that it's my favorite Zelda game of all time (sorry SS fans).

3DS FC: 4038-6111-3088. If anyone's interested in a battle or trade, send me a pm

Name: Link

WW is probably my fourth-favorite game. SS is first, followed by MM and tMC.Just got to Dungeon 7 (Sky Keep).

Of course, Levias can't know where the Triforce is, I have to learn the Song of the Hero to find out. Of course, they can't just give me the Triforce after I learn the Song of the Hero, I have to do another Silent Realm. Of course, they can't just give me the Triforce after I finish the Silent Realm, I have to do another dungeon. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems a bit ridiculous.The final Silent Realm was pretty cool. Probably my favorite one as I've got the layout of Skyloft pretty much memorized. And I was actually expecting the one-eyed bird statue to have something to do with the Triforce; it'd been bugging me the whole game. Anyone else notice how it turns to face the goddess statue at night?

Q2TtLEz.png