Hero Creator Now Updated

The Hero Factory Hero Creator Website has been updated with new content and new options for building your custom Hero! Now you can build two types of figure: one modeled after Furno 2.0 and the other modeled after Toxic Reapa. In addition, the options for coloring your figure are no longer limited to the options for colors in the physical sets. There is also an option for posing your custom Hero (although you will need Unity3D web player). There are a few more tweaks and changes, so go and check them out!View the full article

I checked it out and I'm not very impressed. This hero creator has less options where to place armor. The old one you could pick your armor. What I want to see is a hero creator based around the one used in the Breakout game

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Apart from looking nice and the ability to recolour the beams, it´s pretty much the old Hero Builder/a Toxic Reapa builder. I´m better off using LDD or real pieces.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm not very impressed either.It's kind of refreshing being able to use any color with any part, but the zoomy transitions from focusing on one part to the whole figure are too slow and just making a single hero takes way too long with the zooms. It's also annoying how hard it is to place armor on the figure's arms, because it decides to switch poses and make it even harder for placing armor on the other arm. I'm also not a really big fan of how you can't place a hero head (You can only have XPlode and Toxic Reapa's head) on the Toxic Reapa build, plus the misleading icon for that build. Strangely, they put all my Hero Recon Team heroes into the gallery for the 3D builder, but they really have no use, since you cant edit them in the new builder. Seems like there's no new name choices, but why have name choices either? All the gallery creations of other themes let you type your own name! :PThere's so much more I can talk about, but that I could save for a later date. Overall, definately not impressive, as cool as it looks.

Edited by Valyou

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

While the addition of some new things, and only some (being able to recolour beams, a villain build), I feel that what's been taken away and the restrictions far outweigh that. The old hero creator was far superior, since the limitations are a bit too limited here, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just used to the old hero creator, although it's going to take a while to get used to the limitations.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I wish I could try it out, but there isn't enough space left on this hard drive for Unity, and I can't install it to my second hard drive. I need my laptop fixed soon...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Although I have enjoyed using the new Hero Creator, it could use some major improvement. For me, the lack of available parts is minor compared to the lack of reliability. The new Hero Creator crashed at least 5 times while I was using it. In the meantime, I just have to remember to save my work often, and try not to make more than a dozen or so changes at a time. The inconvenience of having to return to the Hero Creator many times while incrementally updating my creation is far better than suddenly losing all of my work after making many changes.Of course, there's always LDD, but that software doesn't have the Toxic Reapa head element or the automatic posing options.-Toa Of Justice

LDD American Flag--------------LDD Tinker Bell
american_flag.jpg_thumb.jpg----------tinker_bell_sig.png

Please see my Brickshelf gallery for more MOCs!

I don't mind if anyone borrows any part of any of my MOCs. Please be sure to give me credit though.

The new Hero Builder is nice, but what happened to all the 3.0 parts?Also, when I tried to use Toxic Reapa's head, the gallery showed him with no head or feet. I saw the same thing happen on other creations as well.And when you try to play as your hero in the Ordeal of Fire or Savage Planet games it changes what your hero looks like. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

The new Hero Builder is nice, but what happened to all the 3.0 parts?Also, when I tried to use Toxic Reapa's head, the gallery showed him with no head or feet. I saw the same thing happen on other creations as well.And when you try to play as your hero in the Ordeal of Fire or Savage Planet games it changes what your hero looks like. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/confusedw.gif

As for that last point, those games have always done that to a certain extent. But they now do it to a greater extent given that the new body style was added to the Hero Creator but not to either of these games.