Orginally made for the 2012 Bio-cup on MOCpages, Here's Hahli, Toa Mahri of water!Linkage: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/325290"Why Revamp Hahli?"A. I like female builds :3 B. Hahli needed a more feminine appearance. C. Hahli's Color scheme was really nice, and it gave us solid dark blue 2006 parts, which was really nice.Comments and Constructive criticism are welcome!

I think her torso is too long and has too much lime green. A more feminine body would have to be a tad shorter, but this one is not half bad. Oh and the silver chest plates would look better in dark blue. And maybe exchange the positions of the thigh and shoulder armor to give her a more feminine waist. BTW, I'm a huge fan of your other stuff!

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks for commenting (I have fans? =D), There is a dark blue piece in there, but it's hidden. On the chest armor, I don't have a dark blue version of those pieces, so I can't use them, and I wanted to have something resembling the set, besides for pasting the character's name on a page and re-using the parts and color scheme. The torso is my biggest ache... I don't have many problems with it, but I personally think it's too thin.

Thin is great for a female torso; what you need is to complement her feminine overall look with such things as wider hips and what not.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Well, being a fan of Hahli Mahri, I had to check this out.Well, it seems the only thing noticeably edited is the torso area, so I guess I'll go over that. Limbs and such aren't anything special. The torso, to start off, it is very thin. Waaay too thin. Bodies, generally have a nice flow, going from a broad chest/shoulder area to a thinner waist/pelvis. The thin lower half portion seems to have overtaken the entire MOC, which isn't good. The most noticeable thing about the torso area are the breasts. These, seemingly like every single female MOC have been overdone, and misrepresented. I understand that females have generally noticeable breasts, but nuva shoulder armor slapped onto a chest does not make it a girl. I understand it is difficult to make good looking ones out of BIONICLE parts, but I see the best way to deal with it is not too bother so much about it. If anything, a small bump in armor would do it, but paying that much attention ruins it. The rest of the torso is unarmored, and as addressed before, too skinny, and unarmored. One thing that just really bugs me are the feet. The fact that she has high heels, makes her seem to be the most stereotypical female. It bugs me that because she's a female, you needed to add high heels as if she'll need them (They also don't seem to great for swimming).I am in no way trying to insult the MOC, by the way. I'm giving constructive criticism, so don't think I hate it. I just see some improvements that can be made. Just my 2 cents.

doom4revalt.png

*Stuff for me to do! =D*For the record, building females are impossible. You're right, the body is too thin, and I have no idea how to correct that. Also, a female design is nigh impossible to pull off with lego without making it seem stereotypical. (Support that project on CUSOO, it'll help us!) Physics, acording to G. F. do not apply to the bionicle universe, so I wont apply them either. Thanks for the tips! Now to contact the only person that I can learn from to try and figure out his designs. Again, thanks for the tips! I enjoy it when I get a new challenge, do you have any suggestions for fixing the problems though? Despite having been involved with the bio community for some time, I often figure out my tricks by seeing other people use them, or putting stuff together and asking bizzy if it's good. So like I said, if you have a method to fix what you said, let me know, because I spent thirty minutes trying a combination that would prevent me from changing it like you said.TL:DR? Despite what it seems, I may/may not know what I'm doing 100% of the time.

*Stuff for me to do! =D*For the record, building females are impossible. You're right, the body is too thin, and I have no idea how to correct that. Also, a female design is nigh impossible to pull off with lego without making it seem stereotypical. (Support that project on CUSOO, it'll help us!) Physics, acording to G. F. do not apply to the bionicle universe, so I wont apply them either. Thanks for the tips! Now to contact the only person that I can learn from to try and figure out his designs. Again, thanks for the tips! I enjoy it when I get a new challenge, do you have any suggestions for fixing the problems though? Despite having been involved with the bio community for some time, I often figure out my tricks by seeing other people use them, or putting stuff together and asking bizzy if it's good. So like I said, if you have a method to fix what you said, let me know, because I spent thirty minutes trying a combination that would prevent me from changing it like you said.TL:DR? Despite what it seems, I may/may not know what I'm doing 100% of the time.

First off, yeah it is pretty hard making a female MOC :P Well, no better example of an improvement than another's Hahli revamp! Here is Toa of Muffin's Hahli revamp. I realize it's a bit extreme when it comes to the build- and I don't expect too many people to be able to replicate his amazing style of building, but it definitely is a great example of a female MOC. The chest area, is armored with a small indent for the chest. The armor can pass as a broad muscly male, but can easily be identified as a female. I guess you could call it a balance of a sort?As a side note, I would also look into coming up with some cool ideas for arms. The arms on the MOC are lightly edited versions of simple toamods- not that toamods aren't good, but it would just seem more interesting.

doom4revalt.png

Actually a female toa needs to be athletic in order to do what she does, so I don't think she would look like the stereotypical dream woman.

Science does not apply in the world of bionicle. Therefore, I will not include them. Not until scientists have discovered protodermis.

First off, yeah it is pretty hard making a female MOC :PWell, no better example of an improvement than another's Hahli revamp! Here is Toa of Muffin's Hahli revamp. I realize it's a bit extreme when it comes to the build- and I don't expect too many people to be able to replicate his amazing style of building, but it definitely is a great example of a female MOC. The chest area, is armored with a small indent for the chest. The armor can pass as a broad muscly male, but can easily be identified as a female. I guess you could call it a balance of a sort?As a side note, I would also look into coming up with some cool ideas for arms. The arms on the MOC are lightly edited versions of simple toamods- not that toamods aren't good, but it would just seem more interesting.

I see what you mean there (I wanted to use that part since I have it, but I couldn't get it to fit! D=) But overall I see what you mean. However, I'm low on parts, and a rule of the contest is that we can't use many system pieces. But I'll keep your suggestions in mind for the second round (if I get into it).