Rate The Song Above You

1/5. I love the synth tones, I really do. But to be used in such a way is almost bordering in blasphemous. This song is about as much music as a hand-written note is a book. Basic 4/4 beat, bad, muddy mix that buries the melody (the only real music in the song). It lack emotion and expression, and doesn't seem to really come from anywhere other than trying to be cutesy and sound the same as every other song in this vein. I suppose that's why it's been relegated to being a show intro, background to a more visual fanfare.

I may not really enjoy anime one bit, but regardless, I just fail to see much merit in a song that is basically just a loop with ear piercing vocals. I can see the sound they were trying to make, but there are a million and a half synthwave bands taking these sounds and actually doing great things with them.

PS. is this even really a song, considering it's just theme music?

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

• 1 month later...

3/5 I really like the tune here and the chain metaphor, but I had a bit of a rough time hearing the lyrics on the first pass (hard accent). I did look up the lyrics - I liked the idea of public pressure being a chain, but the statement “I find and create myself” to be somewhat contradictory and flies over a huge philosophical debate: do we find ourselves or create them? 

you can call me boomie :D