Quick Question About The Faxon

Okay, I was wondering, since the Faxon can"mimic the powers of Rahi that share their general environment,"According to Biosector01 (quotes not working!), then in theory, could Hahli Mahri or Lesovikk surface, and mimic the power of air breathing, temporarily reversing their mutation?

I would say no, because the mutagen could affect Rahi too, so that they become water breathers. So the mask would give them the breathing of mutated Rahi. If they became something amphibious, perhaps they might be able to leave the water. I don't know how mutagen would affect an amphibious Rahi.Neither Toa would have had motivation to do so, Hahli would stay with her team, and Lesovikk would want to complete his mission. But that's irrelevant to the question I guess. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

No, because of a differiential in water pressure between the surface of the sea and the depths. If they tried to surface like so many other Matoran, they would die. Also, since Lesovikk or Hahli would be underwater, the only Rahi "of their general environment" would be ones that could breathe water. Now, if there was an air-breathing Rahi under there, they could probably mimic that ability, but then they would choke and die. Little point, unless they wanted to enter air-breathing Mahri Nui or something. But there wasn't an air-breathing Rahi.

Theoretically they probably could, but like the comments before me said, it's impractical.

Yeah, I know, just wondering.

No, because of a differiential in water pressure between the surface of the sea and the depths. If they tried to surface like so many other Matoran, they would die.Also, since Lesovikk or Hahli would be underwater, the only Rahi "of their general environment" would be ones that could breathe water.Now, if there was an air-breathing Rahi under there, they could probably mimic that ability, but then they would choke and die. Little point, unless they wanted to enter air-breathing Mahri Nui or something. But there wasn't an air-breathing Rahi.

So basically they would die from something like Decompression Sickness, or The Bends? Well, to make this even more theoretical, what if they thought it through and took decompression stops as modern day divers do, and survived to the surface? And I meant that they would either stay on the surface of the water, or even go onto land, and then copy the ability from the "general environment" of air.Another question I just thought of. If they were on the surface floating in water, could they copy abilities from both air and sea creatures, being in both "general environments" at once?

So basically they would die from something like Decompression Sickness, or The Bends? Well, to make this even more theoretical, what if they thought it through and took decompression stops as modern day divers do, and survived to the surface? And I meant that they would either stay on the surface of the water, or even go onto land, and then copy the ability from the "general environment" of air.Another question I just thought of. If they were on the surface floating in water, could they copy abilities from both air and sea creatures, being in both "general environments" at once?

How would they know to make "decompression stops"? But anyway, if they are floating on the surface of the ocean, their general environment would be "surface of the ocean"- no need to overthink. If there was a bird that breathed air or something above them, thorectically speaking they would be able to copy the power of breathing air and do that. They would also be able to copy the ablities of water-breathing creatures below them, but not similtaneously.

I think you're using power in too broad a sense -- being able to breath air is a result of inherent body composition, and isn't really a power per se like the others in the story. Using it to hypnotize, as Hahli did, fits the idea of "power," but breathing air wouldn't.Also, to everyone saying the mutagen would affect Rahi too -- there could be birds flying by, or other non-mutated things.~B~

Edited by Ballom

I wrote up a big post about how Faxons are confusing masks and have a blurry line between what powers they could use and what powers they couldn't, but I answered all my questions as I wrote my post. -_-Anyway, in short, the Faxon is a confusing mask because some Rahi in the MU had 'powers' like those which come from masks. These have nothing to do with the Rahi's body structure. Hali can mimic these because it doesn't involve changing her body structure. Things like breathing come from body structures, things like laser vision usually don't.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

• 3 weeks later...

And if they are in an environment filled with water breathers, unable to reach the surface and come into contact with air-breathing Rahi, they would not be able to ever mimic the power while the Mutagen's effects were still there.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012