Your Longest Absence From Bzpower

What has been the longest amount of time that you have not visited BZPower and why? (Not including times when the forums were offline.)My longest time was a week, thanks to a virus that infected my computer. My family and I had to give it to someone so that he could take it out.

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Even before the Great Downtime, I had basically abandoned BZPower for some time due to an overabundance of whining about BIONICLE's end, and disinterest with the current story as told in the serials. So even discounting the downtime, that period was still probably my longest dry spell. I only came back when, after the downtime, the forums returned with only a leaner, more mature userbase.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Roughly two years. Perhaps more. I've just returned today...you see, a dark sorcerer spoke my name three times and offered up a bounty of burnt animal flesh in my name and so, I have returned to spread fear and terr-...Alright, I just missed BZPower. It was the first forum I joined.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

1 month. Needed to concentrate on school...now I'm wishing I had kept away from it even longer, just to catch up on school even more. ._.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

My longest absence while having an account is about 3 weeks. My longest absence without an account is a year and a half. I was playing a game during both periods of times every day so I didn't really worry about it.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Probably that 5 month downtime that I didn't know about until it was over. I was in boarding school so I never got to really go on BZPower. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it eventually until I left boarding school and joined BS01 (don't know why I hadn't joined BS01 long before).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

A month and a half when I was having password issues. I had made the dumb mistake of using my school e-mail, and when I tried to have password reset e-mails sent to me, they were blocked by the school, making me unable to access my account! It wasn't until a month and a half later, after coming back from school holidays, that the e-mails were able to get in. Obviously the blocks were done manually.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Seven years, give or take? I stopped by once or twice, but I stopped being active in early '04 and didn't return until early 2011.Granted, I completely forgot my login details sometime between late '06 and early '11, and the email I used to sign up being defunct put a bit of a dent in recovering them. But I didn't try particularly much.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

About ... half a year or so. I was a total noob and I thought half of BZPower thought I was a moron and I was also busy for most of summer '08 so I stopped visiting for that period of time.Fortunately, I came back.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Meh, The Downtime? If that doesn't count, maybe three/four weeks? I'm not very good at staying away. :P I guess I could have worse problems.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Haven't been back on BZP in a while. First time back here in...6 months? School and real life caught up with me, go figure. Im still a new memebr anyway.

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

The first five months after joining where I didn´t do anything, I guess. Later on, I don´t think I´ve been absent for longer than one or two weeks.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Man, I was a bit worried when I first started reading these posts and was only seeing a week or two...I'm glad I'm not the only one who took a really long hiatus.For me, it's been about...*counts* ...Darn, about 8 months now. Initially it was because I was in the middle of a out-of-state move/college transfer/jobless and just under a lot of change and stress when the forums were made available again. After things settled down I kinda just...Forgot. (The long hiatus didn't help.) I'm hoping to be on here more frequently and participating again, but it depends on what life decides to throw at me next.

Edited by Jithra