Paleo

The Climate Research Robot OF SCIENCE!

*bum-ba-da-BA*

(Bill Nye reference)

This is an improvement of my previous creation, which can be seen

here.

Now, the creation:

arctic_robot1_resize.jpg

This guy is currently at Brick Cascade, thanks to the amazing DeeVee. He'll be appearing at Brickfair in August.

Comments & criticism appreciated.

Some of the differences I see are the feet and back. I like the new feet better than the old ones by the way. There may not be so many differences but the head still looks pretty cool. Also, great job on covering the back up.

Edited by Veigar's Shadow

pWPTu7m.jpg

Oh my God, Bill Nye reference :3.K so I really like this. Much better than your previous one. The head has a good use of those white HF body amor parts. Those arms are so cool, really. Nice use of the Kakama in the back, nice touch. Never thought of the use of brown and white as a colour scheme. That torso is very creative and pleasing to the eye. Antenna is a nice touch and I love those legs. The white balls on the legs are cool, seeing as they go down the leg from the thighs to the feet of this Moc. Like this one Paleo. Makes me want to se more. :biggrin:~Gravity

Edited by Gravity Caiox

I really like it, especially since it is brown and white, which is underrated IMO. The whole thing flows really nicely and it gives of a nice... science feel. The feet are good too, but they leave me conflicted as the use of the helmets is pretty intuitive but the two toed frog feet look kind of weird to me. That's most likely just me though, so good job.

This is pretty cool (no pun intended). The feet and torso are surely the best parts of the MOC. Although, I'm not a fan of how the arms were connected, since they disturb the flow of the torso. If the torso was a few studs taller, then it might have worked to have the arms start below the end of those HF chest plates.Other than that, it's a pretty solid MOC, good job :)

@Veigar's Shadow: I also fixed my issue of having the groin armor pop out of place, but that's not very visible :)@Gravity Caiox and High Voltage: Thanks!@Lord Oblivion: It might be just the angle, but the shoulder joint appears slightly more connected and solid in person. Next time I'll make sure to make him a bit taller too.@Lego Obsessionist: The brown was originally intended to add a steampunk-ish feel too it that would appear somewhat like leather insulation, but I ended up becoming slightly more of a portal style (even though it isn't "Portal"), so the result was a hybrid.

I would go all-futeristic Portal or all-steampunk. The styles can't really blend, both involve different color schemes and types of technical detail. Now, you could take Portal-type character designs (like this) and make theme all steampunk, with brown armor and steam, instead of electronic, greeblage.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I would go all-futeristic Portal or all-steampunk. The styles can't really blend, both involve different color schemes and types of technical detail. Now, you could take Portal-type character designs (like this) and make theme all steampunk, with brown armor and steam, instead of electronic, greeblage.

Sorry, I should have clarified. The only "steampunk" idea I kept was the insulation, and, at least in my opinion, it doesn't interfere too much with the sci fi style.