Soran

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He hasn't been on for a month, or since June 10th. Something must be going down in his life... I hope he's ok.

He's been on this site for a long time. I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

Correct.

------

Howdy, 

As usual, I make no promises as to how long I'll be on the site. For some odd reason, I like to keep my life stressed with multiple projects when I really shouldn't. Perhaps it's just that I like that feeling of accomplishing various projects. Who knows.

Regardless of that, I'm curious what exactly some of you are still wanting or looking for in the kit. There wasn't much I felt a necessity to add into the kit since my last addition. I've got various 360º of the more popular masks, several different body types and the sprite sheets to accompany those.

The only items I can imagine could be added in are villains and possibly other variants of existing body types (such as Metru-Matoran, Toa Metru, etc) and maybe some masks.

I'm curious if there is anything that completely jumps out to you guys that needs to be added? So I suppose what I'm asking for is requests. What are your guy's requests?

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Wait, we get to ask requests??

Awesome!! I'll try not to go overkill.

Firstly, a Vahki head in this kit would be very nice. Secondly, could we get a horror version of the kit? Distorted masks, melting limbs, anything to bring the spookies. And finally, the opposite face of the Kraakhan - if it can happen.

So glad to see you back again, even though it may not last! :D

Wait, we get to ask requests??

Awesome!! I'll try not to go overkill.

Firstly, a Vahki head in this kit would be very nice. Secondly, could we get a horror version of the kit? Distorted masks, melting limbs, anything to bring the spookies. And finally, the opposite face of the Kraakhan - if it can happen.

So glad to see you back again, even though it may not last! :D

Yep, I'm accepting requests. Request anything you like, no matter how overkill. It'll just give me more to think about. I'll go ahead and run through your requests.

Vahki Head: I never thought about creating a Vahki head but it makes sense. It's normally a staple on kits like these, I'll probably work on that soon. In that case I'll probably design the Vahki itself so that the head will be compatible with it.

Horror/distorted existing items: Probably won't make this, or I suppose it's more accurate to say that this specific request would be near the bottom of the list. Since this seems specifically more like an edit of existing sprites instead of creating brand new ones, I'd normally reserve this for someone else to do as a "Fan kit" so to speak. 

Alternate Kraakhan: Doable, I'll get started on this one soon as well. 

Thanks for the requests,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Hmm, I could use a Metru-Matoran body. Maybe a Metru Toa body? (Unlikely) I also wouldn't mind Skakdi, hordika or Vortixx type bodies.

One thing I would absolutely love is segmented limb parts, alternate foot and body types, and krana.

I know it's a lot, but I really am grateful for your efforts.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Hmm, I could use a Metru-Matoran body. Maybe a Metru Toa body? (Unlikely) I also wouldn't mind Skakdi, hordika or Vortixx type bodies.

One thing I would absolutely love is segmented limb parts, alternate foot and body types, and krana.

I know it's a lot, but I really am grateful for your efforts.

Metru-Matoran Body: Doable, I've already got the prototype for the Metru Matoran body completed so I'll just have to expand on it.

Toa Metru Body: Definitely will be harder but I'll see if I can get it done. It'll most likely be based upon the already existing toa body and the MOL style. 

Skakdi Body: I'll probably base it off of the fan version that was being created earlier in the topic.

Hordika Body: Probably will do this one lower on the list. Hordika bodies seem awfully specific and often times are rarely ever used. I'll try to still create some prototype for it but like I said, it'll probably be a later item. That is unless it's a specific need.

Vortixx Body: I'd have to design a vortixx body first. I haven't done so and I really need to for both Chimoru R and the Snazzy kit. 

Alternate Feet: I'd suggest simply using the Turaga's feet and the Toa's feet if you want alternate feet designs. As far as I can recall I believe they're all compatible with each existing body type. 

Alternate Bodies: I'm assuming this means variants and not gender. Perhaps I'll expand on different designs, we'll see.

Krana: Probably would be lower on the list since I'd have to make the krana compatible with Bohrok which I haven't made yet. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll work on them all soon.

~Soran

I'll be honest: I haven't worked on my series in forever because it needs Agori for the story to work, and the old Chimoru Agori just aren't cutting it. I'm seriously willing to pay a bit of cash to make it happen - my comic's been put on hold since 2015. But yeah, getting that done would be a godsend for me.

... Bohrok?

Since Krana have already been mentioned as a request, This'll probably be put near the top of the list.

I'll be honest: I haven't worked on my series in forever because it needs Agori for the story to work, and the old Chimoru Agori just aren't cutting it. I'm seriously willing to pay a bit of cash to make it happen - my comic's been put on hold since 2015. But yeah, getting that done would be a godsend for me.

I can get agori done but I do have some questions regarding what exactly you're looking for.

1. What size are you looking for them to be? I would assume that you'd want them to be the same size as the matoran but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  2. Most of the designs I make for the kit are based upon the existing movie styles but "The Legend Reborn" featured a style that was more similar to the sets, at least by comparison to the past movies. So what exactly are you looking for, something that retains the same appearance of the set or are you looking for me to create a new styled version of it entirely?
  3. Are you looking for an entire sprite sheet or simply the limbs to be separated?
  4. Are you also looking for the various styles of helmets or are there just specific ones you need? 

For this one it'd probably help to link to which particular sets you have in mind.

I will admit that this one has me interested simply because I've never done anything related to the Bara Magna era but depending on the complexity of what's sought after will depend on when I can get it done.

~Soran

The Skakdi sprite has been deleted so unless you saved it on your PC, you'll have to recreate it from scratch. Anyway, as far as the requests go, I'd like to see a body for the female Toa... I know you said that you intended the Toa's body to be somewhat gender neutral but I don't really see it, sorry.

Anyway, I don't want to seem like some sort of annoying attention seeker but what do you think about the weapons and some minor modifications I posted in the topic?

Edited by Onepu the Protector

The Skakdi sprite has been deleted so unless you saved it on your PC, you'll have to recreate it from scratch. Anyway, as far as the requests go, I'd like to see a body for the female Toa... I know you said that you intended the Toa's body to be somewhat gender neutral but I don't really see it, sorry.

Anyway, I don't want to seem like some sort of annoying attention seeker but what do you think about the weapons and some minor modifications I posted in the topic?

Oh darn. I didn't save it so I suppose unless anyone else did I'll just have to create one myself. Oh well. 

Request:

Female Toa: I suppose I can create one since I've already separated the matoran by gender. As a heads up though, I'm not creating a separate gendered turaga sprite. 

Thoughts on weapons: 

They look detailed and recognizable so I'll say you did excellent on them. When it comes to weapons though, it would benefit to create a diagonal version as well to better prepare for any action. Nicely done though.

~Soran

To be perfectly honest, I absolutely suck at making diagonal weapons (well, I could just rotate them in GIMP but that wouldn't look too well) and I hoped someone else would do them instead. xD

Anyway, I made Vakama's Staff and Krakua's Sword (which I don't like):

AbrSSEk.png

I'll see if I can create the diagonal versions of the weapons, I'm normally pretty good with that. I'll also see if I can fix Krakau's sword. I've got an idea of how to make it look better. I might also edit the fire staff because for some reason it looks... odd. I can't really explain it besides that. 

Anyway, first mini update:

I got bored and experimented with the agori torso. I tried to create it at a similar size to the regular matoran (since I believe the agori and matoran were supposed to be similar in size). Here's what it looks like.

gKMkq8G.png

This is based on the regular torso that sets such as Tanma used. I made the forward and 45º angled bodies. I also got bored and made a larger one in more detail. 

Thoughts?

~Soran

Edited by Soran

I can get agori done but I do have some questions regarding what exactly you're looking for.

1. What size are you looking for them to be? I would assume that you'd want them to be the same size as the matoran but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  2. Most of the designs I make for the kit are based upon the existing movie styles but "The Legend Reborn" featured a style that was more similar to the sets, at least by comparison to the past movies. So what exactly are you looking for, something that retains the same appearance of the set or are you looking for me to create a new styled version of it entirely?
  3. Are you looking for an entire sprite sheet or simply the limbs to be separated?
  4. Are you also looking for the various styles of helmets or are there just specific ones you need? 

For this one it'd probably help to link to which particular sets you have in mind.

~Soran

1. Yes, around the same size as the Matoran.

2. Well, in the story I was writing, the differences between the Agori being organic and the Matoran being robotic are super heightened and is the subject of a lot of racial tension. You're not making this specifically for my story, but I was kind of thinking of it looking more like an organic being is wearing armor than a robot like the usual Bionicle kits look. I know you've already started working on a body though, so don't do anything too different on my account.

3. A spritesheet would be best, for me though. The ease of use of this kit, as well as having a better, animatable walk cycle, was what drew me to use it for my comics.

4. Yes, but really only the ones that are able to show the face. I was hoping for a more organic Agori face, which would separate them from the Matoran. Berix, Kiina, Gelu, Kirbold. Crotesius and Kirbraz have the kind I'm the most looking for. Certavus, Vastus. Metus, Kyry, Sahmad, and Perditus also have helmets that show the face, although I'm not too keen on those designs.

~Soran

1. Yes, around the same size as the Matoran.

2. Well, in the story I was writing, the differences between the Agori being organic and the Matoran being robotic are super heightened and is the subject of a lot of racial tension. You're not making this specifically for my story, but I was kind of thinking of it looking more like an organic being is wearing armor than a robot like the usual Bionicle kits look. I know you've already started working on a body though, so don't do anything too different on my account.

3. A spritesheet would be best, for me though. The ease of use of this kit, as well as having a better, animatable walk cycle, was what drew me to use it for my comics.

4. Yes, but really only the ones that are able to show the face. I was hoping for a more organic Agori face, which would separate them from the Matoran. Berix, Kiina, Gelu, Kirbold. Crotesius and Kirbraz have the kind I'm the most looking for. Certavus, Vastus. Metus, Kyry, Sahmad, and Perditus also have helmets that show the face, although I'm not too keen on those designs.

1. I figured as much, it's great to be sure though.
  2. I'm not too concerned about making specific edits to suit a person's request, especially when it results in something that would most likely be rarely used. I can try to go for a more organic look. Perhaps I'll try to make a few different bodies and see which one works best and then expand on that.
  3. Sounds fine.
  4. That should definitely make things interesting. I've been having trouble with the agori head but seeing those movie examples reminded me that the eyes could easily be a different color versus the head. It also makes it nice to use heads that can actually show the face as it allows for more accurate recreations. 

I'll get working soon. Is there any specific time you need this by or is it simply a, "Whenever you can make it," scenarios. You mentioned that you've been waiting 2 years or something so consider me curious.

~Soran

• 2 weeks later...