Soran

Soran, you have my permission to use anything in here

Thanks.

I love the shapes and details of this sprite kit and I'd like to use it in my comic series but I extremely dislike sixshade kits and it doesn't feature all the species I need. Would you mind if I modified it to be twoshade and used it alongside original Chimoru Omega sprites?

Do whatever you like with the kit. Whether you want it 6 shade, 10 shade or even 1 shade, doesn't particularly matter to me. You'll have to modify it yourself however.

Currently working on the Turaga. Hopefully I will be able to update soon. Stay tuned.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Well, I'm not quite finished yet! Since Majhost is down, Terton's 2015 Masks are missing for now, but I thought I'd give it my own try, just to see how I could do. I always thought his were a little big, since the masks, to scale, are actually smaller than most G1 masks. I tried to simplify mine and make them fit that scale. What do you think?

2015masks.gif

I will admit, his Pakari turned out much better than mine, as I recall, so I didn't bother including mine.

I kinda like yours more than Tertons.

I'm not saying his are bad or anything, he did a great job with his but I think they are a bit too big and yours seems to be the right size.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Edited by Matoran Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Well, I'm not quite finished yet! Since Majhost is down, Terton's 2015 Masks are missing for now, but I thought I'd give it my own try, just to see how I could do. I always thought his were a little big, since the masks, to scale, are actually smaller than most G1 masks. I tried to simplify mine and make them fit that scale. What do you think?

2015masks.gif

I will admit, his Pakari turned out much better than mine, as I recall, so I didn't bother including mine.

I kinda like yours more than Tertons.

I'm not saying his are bad or anything, he did a great job with his but I think they are a bit too big and yours seems to be the right size.

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Eh, I don't particularly like mine either so no offence taken.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I really like this, I think I am going to start using it for my comics now!  :D  !!! gives like  !!!

Edit: Could you make a kanohi Kualsi (mask of teleportation)? I am switching over to this kit and need one for a main character in my comics.  :begging:

Edited by lddkid

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

I really like this, I think I am going to start using it for my comics now!  :D  !!! gives like  !!!

Edit: Could you make a kanohi Kualsi (mask of teleportation)? I am switching over to this kit and need one for a main character in my comics.  :begging:

kualsi.png

Damaracx already made one.

Time to add another person to my long credits.  <_< But at least this should help my season 2 look at lot better!  ^_^

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

Hi, I've started working on Piraka body and heads.

cIiu9NB.png

Shading isn't quite right, maybe someone would be able to fix it.

Edit: I tried to improve the shading. The new body is the one on the right.

The head in this version is Mekrani, a prototype for Avak's set.

Opinions?

I'm going to make two versions - One based mainly on set and Chimoru R Toa, and another one based on my "Chimoru" kit.

Edited by Mekrani
  • Upvote 2

exfbgTD.png

Oooh, I like it. That chest armor is really cool, and I like that you scaled up the armor a bit. It seems to fit perfectly into the kit while also giving it a very evil look. I can't wait to see what else you do with it.

Hi, I've started working on Piraka body and heads.

cIiu9NB.png

Shading isn't quite right, maybe someone would be able to fix it.

Edit: I tried to improve the shading. The new body is the one on the right.

The head in this version is Mekrani, a prototype for Avak's set.

Opinions?

I'm going to make two versions - One based mainly on set and Chimoru R Toa, and another one based on my "Chimoru" kit.

O_0. That's....THAT'S PERFECT! I felt like my six-year old self who was obsessed with Skakdi again! I'm definitely using that! Firstly, I like the way you incorporated the original set Skakdi torso and used it on a slightly enlarged Toa body, that works perfectly and gives it the Bionicle-Movie look that Chimoru R displays. Secondly, good call on making it slightly smaller considering that'll make it appear more accurate when we add limbs and stuff(which are also going to need to be slightly larger than the Toa limbs.). Thirdly, I'm in accordance with the previous comments; it looks freakin' monstrous. Perfect for what I'm going for in my future comic series.

I wish I could help, but my lack of computer is keeping me from doing so. I wish you luck with whatever you do happen to do with this in the future!

The main Skakdi body is finished!

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• All Piraka faces and spines
  • Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

The armor on arms and legs was added, because without it characters could look pretty ridiculous.

There are no arm-spikes coming out of spine, because it was looking pretty bad and was way too hard to make.

Edited by Mekrani
  • Upvote 1

exfbgTD.png

The legs look a little odd to me. Maybe they need to be longer... or thicker, or maybe the pose just looks off. I think the knees are bent too much. He looks imbalanced for the basic standing pose.

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

The armor on arms and legs was added, because without it characters could look pretty ridiculous.

There are no arm-spikes coming out of spine, because it was looking pretty bad and was way too hard to make.

This definitely is very, very impressive. It looks great! I look forward to how you progress through the rest of it.

Status update on the kit

So upon creating the turaga sprite sheet, which isn't finished yet, I came across the fact that I have severely messed up on the colors of the sprite sheets, to the point where I'm surprised you guys even use it. I'm also surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. I'll be releasing an update to the kit soon correcting the colors and possibly fixing up the front page with some fan creations you guys have made.

The Turaga sheet I'm working on still needs the 360 and walk cycle but otherwise I've practically created the whole thing up to a certain point. Stay tuned.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

hw5hMea.png

To-do:

• Vezon
  • Poses
  • 360 degree view.

This definitely is very, very impressive. It looks great! I look forward to how you progress through the rest of it.

Status update on the kit

So upon creating the turaga sprite sheet, which isn't finished yet, I came across the fact that I have severely messed up on the colors of the sprite sheets, to the point where I'm surprised you guys even use it. I'm also surprised it hasn't been brought up yet. I'll be releasing an update to the kit soon correcting the colors and possibly fixing up the front page with some fan creations you guys have made.

The Turaga sheet I'm working on still needs the 360 and walk cycle but otherwise I've practically created the whole thing up to a certain point. Stay tuned.

~Soran

What do you mean the colors are messed up?

bBhcfWO.png

And while we're at it...

• Mata Blue looks way too dark. I know it's supposed to be darker and more purplish than Dark Azure, but it should never be that dark.
  • Medium Blue should be paler and more bluish.
  • Metru Red, Metru Brown, tan, light grey and purple don't have enough contrast between each shade.

As for the masks:

• Pakari would look better if the mouth was moved one pixel up.
  • I know it's because of the 3/4 view but Noble Huna's eye-holes look a bit uneven.
  • Most of the Toa Mahri Kanohi look fine as they are in original Chimoru Omega and I'm surprised the only one you have used in your sprite kit is Faxon.
  • Miru Mata, Hau Mistika, Noble Komau and Ruru Metru have some unnecessary pixels here and there. The picture is from a great tutorial about pixel art and I think you should take a look at it.

Chimoru R is still a great kit and I hope my criticism won't offend you.

• Upvote 1

When i do recolor them in gimp I find that a few have repeats but when that happens i just go around it and find the color on the sprite then recolor it that way

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess who just fixed his PC?  This guy.  It's still pretty ####y at the moment, however it'll just fine for spriting.  Just a matter of finding what to work on first.WHy 

Could you please work on the rahkshi? It would be useful for some artists who want to use them in their comics. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Guess who just fixed his PC?  This guy.  It's still pretty ####y at the moment, however it'll just fine for spriting.  Just a matter of finding what to work on first.WHy 

Could you please work on the rahkshi? It would be useful for some artists who want to use them in their comics. 

Hmmm, there might actually be a good time I can do that.  I just got a new PC and I'm moving so don't expect this any time soon, however my new house wont have internet for a week and I wont have anything else to do so I'll consider working on that.

Has anyone made spinnies for all the Inika masks yet? I need them for a... project, if you will.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Nice work on the contributions guys. I'm especially looking forward to the completed skakdi, Mekrani. I really need to go through the topic and find them all and add like a Fan-submission section or something.

So, I've pushed this off long enough. I think I promised it 2 years ago but never really got around to finishing it… Until now.

Turaga Sprite Sheet (with robes)

Turaga Sprite Sheet (Without robes)

I've also added the completed Kanohi Kiril (slight edits) by Click as well as the Completed Kualsi (Slight edits) by Damaracx.

Enjoy.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 3

Well, I just went and sprited the other two Inika masks, the Elda and Kadin. Actually, they turned out a lot better than I thought they would.

chimorukadinelda.png

Though this also makes me realize that my Iden and Suletu sprites are too small. No wonder they were such a pain to make.