The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Only part about Halo 2 that it has above the others was the Arbiter, let's be honest, and people are torn on that as it is. Halo 3 had the huge over the top fast paced gameplay which was crazy fun, Combat Evolved had the best narration and presented all the new information so well, and then Reach was Reach.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

True they all had their best elements, but I really did love the Arbiters parts in Halo 2. And the Gravemind was an awesome character, which sadly you never saw in Halo 3 just heard his voice. I liked how the Gravemind brought Chief and Arbiter together, and tricked them both turned them from enemies into allies.

Big Halo 4 Spoiler, be warned:

Did anyone hear that the Composer was confirmed to be in Halo 4 (or rather specifically, it was revealed to be the Achievement for beating the 7th level? I'm wondering if these are in fact Infected forerunners transformed and controlled by Nanites like the forerunners in Primordial?

Prometheans are AIs, pretty much like Cortana. They're defense AIs, as far as I know. But, how did you get that information?

Big Halo 4 Spoiler, be warned:

Did anyone hear that the Composer was confirmed to be in Halo 4 (or rather specifically, it was revealed to be the Achievement for beating the 7th level? I'm wondering if these are in fact Infected forerunners transformed and controlled by Nanites like the forerunners in Primordial?

Prometheans are AIs, pretty much like Cortana. They're defense AIs, as far as I know. But, how did you get that information?
It's from the 8-22 Bulletin on Waypoint. Seeing as it's an Achievement, I suspect it's in the game. As for the "Defense AI", there's one other option: Forerunners composed into AI's to survive the Halo Array, just like how Chakas became 343.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Arby would've changed teams even if the Gravemind was a nerdy guy in a voice recording studio, only impact he really had was forcing Chief to leave Cortana. Otherwise she would've been there nagging throughout all of Halo 3 instead of the last level

Cortana was all corrupted in Halo 3, if she got enough attention she'd probably do something evil :P
It is clear that something is up with here, this was touched on in the trailer about how she is 8 years old, and her rather angry boast about how "you" will not leave the planet (though to be fair, it has not shown who she is speaking to). Though she already has gone rampant in 3 only to have it "suddenly" fixed. Also in Legends she has a flickering hologram, which unless that is merely the Forward Unto Dawn's power faltering, is also a minor trait of an AI in rampancy, or at the very least entering it.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Smart AI last 7 years, then after they that, they go rampant and in most basic of terms, "think" themselves to death.
Then again, while SMART AIs are deleted after 7 years as a precaution, that is mostly done to avoid the risk of it becoming rampant (something that deleting the AI is worth to avoid), however it is mentioned in The Cole Protocol (the book, not the actual Protocol), and AI going rampant is not guaranteed after 7 years, but a lot more likely. I also read (I believe in First Strike) that the 7 year life span can be depleted depending on things the AI does, Cortana became concerned about this when wondering how much of her lifespan she lost after downloading a lot of information from the computers on Installation 04.
Not always, though. Juliana was rampant but functional for some time.One might say the rampancy gave her (and for a brief time, Sif) even more human qualities.
Indeed they should, part of rampancy is when an AI receives genuine emotions. Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Cortana didn't get enough attention in Halo 3.Yes, Cortana is everything to me xD
What? Hello? Cortana got the most attention in Halo 3, way more than any other character other than the Master Chief. She finally did something other than annoy the player- oh wait she did that too, but it was thoughtfully annoying.Cortana got kinda skewered by Installation 04 which is why she probably flickered in Halo 3, since she didn't 'die' a traditional 'death'.

One of these days, I'm going to get my hands on those Forerunner novels. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The Forerunner Saga... certainly is... interesting? Curious? Strange? It's lots of things. I think they were good books but it's really hard to say, especially Primordium. 80% confusing descriptions, 20% confused ramblings. But somehow I enjoyed it anyway.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

She finally did something other than annoy the player
Annoy? I always liked Cortana's little remarks."So, that must be the control room... Subtle."
"Keep your head down! There's two of us in here now, remember?"I bet they'll keep her in metastability in some really cheesy way too, like she read how Guilty Spark survived so long without going rampant in Installation 04 and she'll copy his programming or whatever

Cortana was all corrupted in Halo 3, if she got enough attention she'd probably do something evil :P
It is clear that something is up with here, this was touched on in the trailer about how she is 8 years old, and her rather angry boast about how "you" will not leave the planet (though to be fair, it has not shown who she is speaking to). Though she already has gone rampant in 3 only to have it "suddenly" fixed. Also in Legends she has a flickering hologram, which unless that is merely the Forward Unto Dawn's power faltering, is also a minor trait of an AI in rampancy, or at the very least entering it.
In regards to the "You will not leave this planet" line, a clip shown in the vidoc "A Hero Awakes" has her immediately state "I'm sorry... I....I didn't mean to do that...."Again, I'm wondering if

The composer will be involved in stabilizing her, as it relates to the construction of Ancilla (A.I.s) The "A Hero Awakes" Vidoc hints that the chief thinks "Halsey might be able to fix her" and we do see a grey haired lady talking to the Chief in a clip, though unconfirmed who it is.

That said, I do think Cortana is the best candidate for meta-stability. Having an AI matrix based off of the brightest mind of Humanity can only help, and I'm curious how interacting with more Forerunner AI tech will influence her...

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I suppose that

Cortana is gonna say that line because she's under the influence of another being ( the "Ancient evil"? ). Have you noticed that she turns, for a moment, from her default blue to orange-reddish, the same color of the symbol that appears on the screens of the Infinity? Maybe she's under the influence of that evil, just like in Halo 3 she was under the control of Gravemind.

And, seemingly,

Covenant Hunters may be returning, as far as achievements allow us to know. If those Hunters mentioned aren't any type of new Prometheans...

I could be that the symbol appeared because of the information she got from Installation 04, she also mentioned something about how taking in all that information shortened her estimated life span (In First Strike).
In the Vidoc, she mentions "the Symbol for Reclaimer". I'm curious if the Didact, btw, is an AI like the rest, or if he's in a corporeal body?

I could be that the symbol appeared because of the information she got from Installation 04, she also mentioned something about how taking in all that information shortened her estimated life span (In First Strike).
In the Vidoc, she mentions "the Symbol for Reclaimer". I'm curious if the Didact, btw, is an AI like the rest, or if he's in a corporeal body?
From what I heard...

The Didact's original body was already killed off over 100,000 years ago, but there is a way to transfer at least your memories (possibly your personality and/or conscious too). That is what he did long ago, but I also heard that the Forerunner suits allow one to live for an exponentially long amount of time.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

From what I heard...

The Didact's original body was already killed off over 100,000 years ago, but there is a way to transfer at least your memories (possibly your personality and/or conscious too). That is what he did long ago, but I also heard that the Forerunner suits allow one to live for an exponentially long amount of time.

That's where it gets confusing. There's the Original Diadact, and the so called "Ur-Diadact", presumably Bornsteller Makes Eternal. Basically, he became a copy of the old Diadact. It's stated the old one died, but we never actually saw him die.I wonder if the Didact is that Forerunner in the E3 trailer shown to be strangling an elite or the Chief... (couldn't tell) Also, I've heard rumors that Halo 4 is about preparing for "The War".... Could the Precursors be returning with yet another army of the flood, or some other abomination of life?

Edited by Rausaro

More little news... Whoah, there's so many!

1) Concussion Rifle seems to be returning 2) Radar will be modified so that vehicles will appear on it, less or more, just like they are in "reality": we will see a Scorpion if driving a Scorpion and so on. Applies also to enemy vehicles. 3) Pulse Grenade: seemingly disables vehicles with an EMP charge and kills everyone in its radius when imploding. It's a Forerunner weapon.4) The boost of Ghosts will be showed in the upper left corner with a percentage. For example, "BOOST 89%".5) Revolution in Capture the Flag: carry the flag with the left hand, the Magnum with the right hand. Don't know if it applies to other guns, probably just small, pistol-type weapons?6) Flagsassinations.7) Forerunner weapons: Boltshot (pistol), Binary Rifle (sniper rifle) and Incineration Cannon (one-round shot rocket launcher).

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

Knowing the Forerunners it is probably more then a mere EMP. Considering most technology in the Halo universe is EMP proof. For those wondering, I am not referring to everything, but certain things, like MJOLNIR Armor and weapons are shown to take direct hits in games and they are still fully functional. Among other things.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

It'll probably just work like the Plasma Pistol does.
What,

the Pulse Grenade? The MLG match showed a red bubble. When the Mongoose of the Red guys hit it, the vehicle turned off, with the same effect of the Plasma pistol ( you know, the blue-ish coloration ), and the driver was insta-killed.

I think it'll devastate the lives of many people.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

Sounds more like just another addition to the endless line of vehicle nerfing. Two brought jacking, Three brought the ovecharge [i don't think that was in two, at least] as well as the Spartan Laser and Missile Pod, Reach reintroduced tracking rockets, now this.Normally I'd say it's just for balancing purposes but I still don't know how much I trust 343.

What,

the Pulse Grenade? The MLG match showed a red bubble. When the Mongoose of the Red guys hit it, the vehicle turned off, with the same effect of the Plasma pistol ( you know, the blue-ish coloration ), and the driver was insta-killed.

First off, I don't really think spoiler tags are necessary since we're talking about gameplay mechanics. I don't want to click a spoiler thinking I'm hearing about gameplay and then get some story spoilers.Anyway, I'm not sure what video you were watching. The pulse grenade when thrown activates a small bubble that acts as an EMP and drains shields. At the end of it's shield drain, it will explode, killing anything in the bubble. That's all there is too it. It's essentially energy drain from Halo 3.

Sounds more like just another addition to the endless line of vehicle nerfing. Two brought jacking, Three brought the ovecharge [i don't think that was in two, at least] as well as the Spartan Laser and Missile Pod, Reach reintroduced tracking rockets, now this.Normally I'd say it's just for balancing purposes but I still don't know how much I trust 343.

What? You realize rocket tracking was in halo 2, right? And secondly, it's just like energy drain from halo 3, the only difference being is that you can spawn with it. Lastly, there are other things that will make vehicles more powerful, such as the one specialization that will make vehicles not get completely stunned by EMP bursts. It's fine.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

What,

First off, I don't really think spoiler tags are necessary since we're talking about gameplay mechanics. I don't want to click a spoiler thinking I'm hearing about gameplay and then get some story spoilers.Anyway, I'm not sure what video you were watching. The pulse grenade when thrown activates a small bubble that acts as an EMP and drains shields. At the end of it's shield drain, it will explode, killing anything in the bubble. That's all there is too it. It's essentially energy drain from Halo 3.~U_K~
Okay.The video I was watching is from Halo 4 Follower, who's got pretty much huge news on Halo 4. It was Episode 50, if I'm not mistaken. It showed a MLG match.

You do realize I said reintroduced, right? You do realize that English has things called prefixes that can change the meaning of words, and imply things in context, even if they aren't said?
I didn't see it, I'm sorry. Surprise, I'm not perfect. I don't know why you're being so hostile all of a sudden. My other points still stand though.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg