Lego Island

Bambi

Meh, I wasn't too interested in it, nor was I in the games. It had some nice parts, and some interesting builds.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Just popping in to say I'm on fan level 5 on this toyline. Though I haven't done much with it lately. I have a whole bunch of City/Town sets I want to make part of my own LEGO Island, but they're all sitting under a desk right now. I also haven't touched the games in awhile. I blame Steam.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I did like the color schemes used in it. It was quite interesting, and pretty useful when it came to parts (except for printed pieces).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Andrewnuva basically describes my sentiment of this game. Its what got me into gaming and LEGO building in general. I also have a LEGO Island MOC in progress. Though I have decided to mostly stop buying City sets and start ordering off of PAB. It was a good series. I'd definitely like to see a remake in the future or even some more references in LEGO Universe.

Seeing as LEGO Island was primarily a video game line that had a small series of set tie-ins, not the other way around, shouldn't this go in the video game discussion forum place what's-it-called?

Oh boy... This is total Jamesster bait. :P

Post inbound!

Personally, I liked the line. Although in hindsight the concept is rather silly, it was one of the last themes that was made almost entirely to be fun (at least in my opinion).

Silly doesn't quite describe it. Complete lunacy is more like it. :P Anyways, I have all the LEGO Island games on all platforms except for LI2 GBA (though I have played it via emulator...), in fact, I just got Island Xtreme Stunts for PS2 earlier today. Pretty much the PC version with moderately altered graphics but still fun. There's a lot of great info in the old LEGO Island topic: http://www.bzpower.c...howtopic=319726 So, stuff that's happened since then... Well, most recently, check this out. http-~~-//www.flickr.com/photos/roskelld/sets/72157623109706601/">http-~~-//www.flickr.com/photos/roskelld/sets/72157623109706601/ Dean Roskell, who worked at Silicon Dreams, has uploaded a ton of awesome stuff related to his work there. The most interesting thing IMO is that early map design for Island Xtreme Stunts. Rolf the Vet was mentioned in the files for Island Xtreme Stunts in a few places, but the map gives a bit more info. A beta character who had to do with Brickimals, going by what it says. Also, Gnarly Bones was named Boney Hawks, Shugu was named Animal Chin (both of them a reference to this), and Phil Maker was named Phil Film. ... Dang, I've kinda forgotten what's happened between BZPs downtime and now that's LEGO Island related, besides Dean's uploads. :mellow: Edited by jamesster

I like Island Extreme Stunts's gameplay idea, but wasn't too into it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I didn't play the original game until 2006/7 or so, and the version I got worked very poorly on my computer. From what I've seen, though, the characters were all unique and a lot more lively than in Lego Island 2(whenever I think of a Lego Island character, their original version comes to mind over their version in the second game, kind of odd seeing as I've played the second one a lot more). I always loved playing Lego Island 2, although I could never seem to beat Cedric the Bull and his cannons until more recently. :P I bought a PC copy of Island Xtreme Stunts, but it always crashes and so I've pretty much given up on trying to complete it. I've enjoyed the series overall, but ironically whenever I think of The Brickster I think of the Soccer Mania game, in which he steals the trophy you won playing the first few levels. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Does Island Xtreme Stunts fall under the LEGO Island theme? Also, I think I have an unopened box for LEGO Island (The original) for PC. :P

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Island Xtreme Stunts is usually put in the same theme as Lego Island 1 and 2, as it has the same characters, location, etc. The Island Xtreme Stunts game was designed by the people who made Island 2 as well.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Island Xtreme Stunts is usually put in the same theme as Lego Island 1 and 2, as it has the same characters, location, etc. The Island Xtreme Stunts game was designed by the people who made Island 2 as well.

Cool, that's what I thought. I like the colors and pieces in Island Xtreme Stunt. It had some nice orange and blue, and some occasional chrome that popped up here and there.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I remember getting Pepper in a set a while back. The dude with the food didn't disappoint, either. He's awesome. ^^ But, I gotta say, the second game didn't really hold up as well as I would have liked. I still need to replay the first one though. ^^; It's been awhile.Even so, I still listen to Brick by Brick. I think it's my favorite song from my childhood (or one of my favorites anyway).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I love LEGO Island.LEGO Island was my first favorite game. LEGO Island: Xtreme Stunts was also excellent in my opinion as it combines the linear story of LI2 with the freestyle play of LI1.

Proud Mac User! If you like LEGO Island PM me.

banner.png

qs18122.jpg

60% of BZPers have the "60% of BZPers hate the Mistika. If you are part of the 40% who don't, please copy and paste this into your sig." slogan in their sig. If you are part of the 40% who don't, please copy and paste this into your sig.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to Lego Island 3, Tacku? Is development halted or something? It's been one of the FCGs I pay close attention to over the years, and I'd be really sad to see it die. :(EDIT: Post #200!

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Well, I am a fan of Lego Island! I have the first two games on PC, and the third one (Island Xtreme Stunts) on Game Boy Advance! I was able to beat the last two games, but not the first one (after playing it on Windows XP I gave up because it performed poorly on my computer) due to the poor accuracy of the pizza/doughnut launcher on the helicopter during the Brickster chase mission. Every time I play those games it takes me back to my childhood, despite not owning any of the Xtreme Stunts sets. I hope that Lego does a remake/reboot of Lego Island for those next-generation game consoles and the iPhone/Android/Nintendo 3DS soon! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png~:haunu: VM4.0 :haunu:

Edited by V.M.Torious 4.0

Vakama Montana's Chronicles: The Official Blog of V.M.Torious 4.0!
BZP Member V.M.Torious 4.0 (formerly Vakama Montana0111), a.k.a. Lego Club/MLN Member Vakama4688.
mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

I got into the Lego Island franchise through the gameboy versions of lego island and Island Extreme Stunts. I never did get past one of the final levels in the latter though. I also have one of IES sets.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

I have all three Island games. I liked One and Three a lot. I play One a lot still, and I got the 100% trophy in Three. I only beat the levels as best as I could in Two because I found that game uninteresting, dull and just plain dumb.

I find LI2 much better than the first one.

>: O Edited by Lair of Rockwhales

GREEN RED BRICK, YOU STAY!!!

...are you ready to le