Arson

Uncle K.

titlethingthree.png

Hey look it's Pohatu

and the advent of the Geometric Shoulder Series

tahugetsmoodyfusmall.jpglewagetsmoodysmaller.jpg

pohatugetshappy.jpg

Oh hi again BZPBeen busy w/ lifeSo here's some lens flareBecause I get asked every timehere are some "always asked Qs"How?- I used photoshop to make itWhen?- Tahu: About 2-3 minutes- Lewa: About 7 or 8 minutes

(had to redo the mask twice)

-Pohatu: About half an hour

(I had no idea what to do

for about 20 minutes of lines)Why?- I love the olden days?

I want to reblog this on tumblr or something

please don't

Edited by Black Six

Thanks to the other members who replied.

You've created more mood in 3 minutes than others who put 20 hours or more into a piece.
Thanks, this was one of my daily sketches I've start started doing to get back into drawing and improve my linework. A lot of color theory goes into them as well, because that's something I love playing around in.
Always like seeing your work, the damaged Hau is definitely a nice touch! Hope RL isn't causing you too much trouble ^^
I based it off the one I used to have, as that's the clearest memory I have of a Hau, since I don't actually have anything I could use for reference. And no, life's been steadily getting better and better-- I'm even becoming more domesticated every day, and I love it.

It's so great to see art from you again. :)And your art style is just as fascinating as always. Love the lens flare, too. I actually never had a problem with that, anyway. :lol:What else... I'm still too stunned to say much... hm. Awesome shading, awesome lineart, awesome everything. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

A great style to it, and as many said, reminiscent of the original art style. Huge props on this one, I'd love to see more from you.Though are you a speed drawer? Because 3 minutes is an awfully short time to draw and color something to this detail

Three minutes? You sure you weren´t just so immersed into your work that you simply lost all notion of time? :P Because this looks amazing, I love this style. Great job! Think you could do these for the other Toa? ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It only took you 2 to 3 minutes to draw this? It would take me days to draw something 1/10th as good as this. :PBut anyway, I seriously think this is really awesome. I like all the details you put on Tahu's body and Mask. One minor complaint I have about this is that I think his mouth would look better if it were red like his Kanohi, but that's just me. I still think this is a great drawing. Good job! cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Nice job!I really like what you did with the glare from the eyes. It looks like the head was modeled after something from either MOL or a Glatorian head. Which ever one it was, it fits perfectly!10/10

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

Thanks to the other members who replied.
You've created more mood in 3 minutes than others who put 20 hours or more into a piece.
Thanks, this was one of my daily sketches I've start started doing to get back into drawing and improve my linework. A lot of color theory goes into them as well, because that's something I love playing around in.
Always like seeing your work, the damaged Hau is definitely a nice touch! Hope RL isn't causing you too much trouble ^^
I based it off the one I used to have, as that's the clearest memory I have of a Hau, since I don't actually have anything I could use for reference.And no, life's been steadily getting better and better-- I'm even becoming more domesticated every day, and I love it.
If you like playing with color theory you should try doing something with those bright white highlights. They're making the whole thing really plastic-y right now, which is great if it's supposed to be the toy but I think you were going for something more metallic. Personally I'm seeing a bit more yellow, it'd make a beautiful contrast with that purple. Nice job.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I really like mouthy because of all the detail you put into it. also the shading you used really gives off a vibe which i think Tahu would give off if he was real. I'm surprised you did such detail on the neck.I'm no art critic professional but i give it a 9/10. the only thing i think that could make it better is maybe a volcano with lava flowing down the volcano. I hope one day you might do kopaka in this style because heck i would be willing to pay for a kopaka version.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Very, very cool. The amount of little details present in spite of the sketchy feel is great, and the coloring and lighting is excellent as well. I also like your overall design to Tahu - one thing I've noticed is that unless you're going straight off the sets, almost nobody draws characters from Bionicle exactly the same way, and it's always fun to see new takes on it.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

First, an extreme thank you to everyone who has responded, I was not expecting the royal treatment at all, I just feel like I still have old ties to this place and I like posting once in a while. So thanks again. I can't respond to everyone, since I don't have much time, but I'll try to address specifics.

Though are you a speed drawer? Because 3 minutes is an awfully short time to draw and color something to this detail

Three minutes? You sure you weren´t just so immersed into your work that you simply lost all notion of time? :P Because this looks amazing, I love this style. Great job! Think you could do these for the other Toa? ^_^
I'm slowly getting back to doing art and I've started with short 2-5 minute sketches every day, normally I just draw people or animals to expand my techniques, but since I've been drawing Tahu for the past 12 years I got a lot in before the normal time guideline I implemented was up.> Gatanui, maybe I will, it sounds like fun. I haven't had a project of sorts in ages.

One minor complaint I have about this is that I think his mouth would look better if it were red like his Kanohi, but that's just me. I still think this is a great drawing. Good job! B-)
I wanted to show that the mouth was a seperate section and not part of the mask, so I made it a different color to resemble his actual face.

If you like playing with color theory you should try doing something with those bright white highlights. They're making the whole thing really plastic-y right now, which is great if it's supposed to be the toy but I think you were going for something more metallic. Personally I'm seeing a bit more yellow, it'd make a beautiful contrast with that purple. Nice job.
I actually didn't try to replicate metal, textures weren't my focus, I feel as if I've got steel and iron sort of covered, not to toot my own horn. I wanted a powerful bright light to give the sense that the character was illuminated but the background wasn't. I do agree though, colored highlights are something I've only really recently implemented, and I have a long way to go before I'm able to do everything I'm supposed to. So thank you for your razor sharp eye, I appreciate it tremendously.

I'm no art critic professional but i give it a 9/10. the only thing i think that could make it better is maybe a volcano with lava flowing down the volcano. I hope one day you might do kopaka in this style because heck i would be willing to pay for a kopaka version.
I purposely shied away from a background to keep all the focus on Tahu, and because this was just a short piece to kind of warm up with as I get back to drawing. And do not worry, if I do make the other Toa it wont cost a cent.

Awesome; it looks great! I wonder what it would look like if you spent longer than three minutes...
These three pieces [dead links] are all "full length" pieces I did about a year ago, coincidentally for the same project.

How? How do you accomplish such a feat, good sir?
After 12 years, you become quite used to drawing a certain hot headed dude. :) Edited by Funcle K.

Amazing work. Three minutes!?!? :drooling:Wow. That is awesome, the shading is great. Also loving the way how his armor is all scratched up. Oh, and I remember those other pieces. Yeah, pretty sweet.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

Awesome. My favorite character in Bionicle, graced by your awesome art. That's about the summary.I really like the level of detail, shading, and expression. Though it's not exact, it does stay true to the set. Not humanized, and yet not the exact set. That gear on his back really seals the deal. Gives me a sense of the original Tahu set not slipping away. Awesome lens flare and positioning. My favorite part would have to be the way you brilliantly got the face set-like and expressive at the same time. (I'm one of those people who sees all of Bionicle as sets and backgrounds.)My least favorite part would have to be--I'll get back to you on that. Can't find anything right now. 10/10.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

EPICCCCCCCC*mind-splosion*Yeah, thats all i can really say, you dont mind if i use this as my desktop wallpaper do you? lol

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME

Just awesome hard to believe that you did it in 2 to 3 minutes I like the mask the mouth looks reminds me of Lhikan in LOMN really cool the shoulders look like the the shoulders the matoran had in mask of light

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost element of AWESOME.

Love it! You are so good, and apparently speedy, at finding where to place lighting to your drawing's advantage. I really like the effect on the eyes...such a little thing, like making something of a line to go across them and like, ta-dah!...the eyes suddenly convey an intensity and become a major focal point.Now two to three minutes? Plainly...Just. Not. Fair. xP.Do more. Please. Hey, you've admitted this type of thing is NOT time consuming for ya...so crank some more out! You've got a most willing audience for ya right here on BZP! *nods*And, thanks to Micah for the link in the news...that's what led me here today. It was a worthwhile choice.~Shioi :)

Edited by Shioi
shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

I'm to talk, seeing as I could never draw something this good...ever. Yes, it is indeed impressive, and I liked the detail you have given to Tahu's armor.However, upon glancing at it for a few minutes, I noticed the line going through the lens flare, which I felt could have been erased. I also felt that the armor plate on his left shoulder was a bit washed out by the highlighting.Still, great job. Definitely deserves the news recognition.

Edited by fishers64

Just... Just... Wow. That is the only word that can suitably describe this. I love the way you preserved the Hau and gear, while also creating new forms for his shoulders, neck and torso. The little details that you've added like the damage on the mask, crack in the chestplate, and rivet-type things on the shoulders add up to a very intricate illustration that conveys Tahu's spirit very well. Also, as other members have already stated, doing this type of work in 2-3 minutes is just crazy! I would love to see the rest of the toa mata rendered like this; it really conveys a sense of sentimentality (at least for me) and having the rest of them would be spectacular. Well done.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

...Goodness Gracious, I knew there had to be a reason why suddenly this topic was exploding. Thank you for the news bit, I had no idea and it had been baffling me for a while. Day was made.

Do more. Please. Hey, you've admitted this type of thing is NOT time consuming for ya...so crank some more out! You've got a most willing audience for ya right here on BZP! *nods*And, thanks to Micah for the link in the news...that's what led me here today. It was a worthwhile choice.~Shioi :)
Lewa has been added to the top, and the other Toa will come along shortly I guess?
However, upon glancing at it for a few minutes, I noticed the line going through the lens flare, which I felt could have been erased. I also felt that the armor plate on his left shoulder was a bit washed out by the highlighting.Still, great job. Definitely deserves the news recognition.
I sort of liked the compound-type flare, it made it a bit more interesting, at least to me. But not to worry, I kept a typical one for Lewa because it fit a lot more.And yeah, I'm not too happy with his shoulder. I didn't want to do a sprocket kind of thing, so the Buzz-Lightyear approach sufficed once more! Probably does't work too well with Lewa (and I have no idea how I'll get to Pohatu's) but at least I paid attention this time and didn't just blob lights all over.

First thing I noticed on Lewa was that great face/mask. With those three pistons inside the face, it really showed that it was a mask and not a maniacal grin, the thing I usually first think of upon seeing a Miru.I do agree with you that the Buzz Lightyear shoulders aren't that great of an idea, and the torso is made better than said shoulders were. However, it looks ok, and set-like enough.The detail here is incredible. Your lens flare is equally good, and I noticed the chest ball. Awesomeness! So much nostalgia, even though I wasn't here back then!Once again, 10/10.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

wow i'm glad you did lewa too. I like how near the mouth area of the mask there are what seems to be pipes or tubes running from the side of the head to the mouth area.So i'm wondering what those are suppose to be?I also like how you included some wear and tear on his armor.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.