A True Hero

Taka Nuvia

Adorable little minifig. <3 Amazing colors as always, Taka. Keep up the good work! ^^

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I thought I was gonna see him battling Alduin (HUGE DRAGON) or something in the full image.It looks perfect! I can see no other way a person can draw better by hand drawing a minifigure!

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

This drawing is full of win. He is a really cute little guy, I remember him. I think I have him somewhere in my lego box. I also really do like the hidden meaning to the drawing as well. No matter who you are, a guard, a knight, a person serving our country, you're always a true hero.~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I thought I was gonna see him battling Alduin (HUGE DRAGON) or something in the full image.
I think he'd have win against Alduin, huh?Nice coloring, I'd say. Design is not that much difficult, as minifigs provide less difficulties than action figures. I think I remember him: I could have rebuilt him yesterday...Also, the background is nice. That's the most interesting part, in my opinion. It makes him to look more real, more than simply a plastic toy. Good job! 9.8/10

Ooh, i remember him^^As always, great work with the coloring. :)
Heh, nice... and thank you! =D I rarely work with such 'pure' colours (you know, intense red and blue), so it was kind of a change ^^
Adorable little minifig. <3 Amazing colors as always, Taka. Keep up the good work! ^^
I know, right? He's such a cute little guy.Thanks! =D
I thought I was gonna see him battling Alduin (HUGE DRAGON) or something in the full image.It looks perfect! I can see no other way a person can draw better by hand drawing a minifigure!
... that would have been awesome, true... but I wanted to focus on that happy smile (no, wait, I probably was just lazy/didn't think of it... xD)But thanks. :3
This is really cute. It's really cool on how you add all of those small details and the colors are awesome. Great job on this!
Thanks a lot. =) Colouring this was fun, so I'm glad it looks fine. ^^
This drawing is full of win. He is a really cute little guy, I remember him. I think I have him somewhere in my lego box. I also really do like the hidden meaning to the drawing as well. No matter who you are, a guard, a knight, a person serving our country, you're always a true hero.~Soran
...now that you point it out... true. Apparently there is more to the drawing than what meets the eye :DThank you! =3
I thought I was gonna see him battling Alduin (HUGE DRAGON) or something in the full image.
I think he'd have win against Alduin, huh?Nice coloring, I'd say. Design is not that much difficult, as minifigs provide less difficulties than action figures. I think I remember him: I could have rebuilt him yesterday...Also, the background is nice. That's the most interesting part, in my opinion. It makes him to look more real, more than simply a plastic toy. Good job! 9.8/10
I do think so. ^^Heh, yes. I think Minifigs are the only Lego things I am capable of drawing set-like D:Originally I wasn't sure whether I should add a background (I am really that lazy, sadly...), but in the end, it just had to be done. Glad it works. ^^
This a great drawing. The face is great....it is a VERY accurate the minigure smile head.That is not an age old....that was from one of the very first Lego Castle sets. In fact it is 30 or 20 years old.
The face was so scary in the original sketch... if you only draw the outlines, it looks very strange. D: Can't tell you how happy I was when the colouring was done and he looked like the happy person he is right now... ^^'... okay, maybe not an age old... but still veeeery old. (20-30 years is still a lot to me.) I don't even know where he came from; we once got some old Lego stuffs from somewhere, but I really have no clue xDAnyways, thanks for the info! That's good to know. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

You're right! He did just deserve to be drawn! I think it's great when someone can take just about anything that's around them and draw a decent pic of it. And this is more than decent; in fact, very nice coloring job. You used colored pencils, yes? Your strokes blend very well...that's tricky for me personally...I could learn from you. Yep.Anywho, minifigs are plain fun anyway (they're so cute), and this is a good tribute to one.Thanks for sharing, and thanks for giving us the thumbnail first to click on. It is so helpful in art threads to see a little something of the drawing right there in the topic starter's first post.~Shioi :)

shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

Hahaha, he is the most realistic minifig drawing I have ever seen! I can't really comment on the colours since you had an example. Nice job, demon jester!
Heh, thank you. ^_^
You're right! He did just deserve to be drawn! I think it's great when someone can take just about anything that's around them and draw a decent pic of it. And this is more than decent; in fact, very nice coloring job. You used colored pencils, yes? Your strokes blend very well...that's tricky for me personally...I could learn from you. Yep.Anywho, minifigs are plain fun anyway (they're so cute), and this is a good tribute to one.Thanks for sharing, and thanks for giving us the thumbnail first to click on. It is so helpful in art threads to see a little something of the drawing right there in the topic starter's first post.~Shioi :)
I wish I could draw anything, but set-like style never really worked for me; not even for smaller sets like Stars Takanuva (my most recent attempt. Oh my, oh my...)But thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^Yep, coloured pencils, still my preferred medium. As for the blending, hm, well there's this small tutorial I made (link in my signature or here) that kind of shows how I usually do the colouring, but I guess what it really needs is lots and lots of practise :unsure:Glad you appreciate the thumbnail, too. :DAnd thank you for the review. :3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)