Lego Digital Designer

Meiko

Hi guys,Anyone have pictures/screenshots of the 2 lego digital design starter models of Merrick Fortis(2.0 & 3.0) from Hero Recon team? I read that his 2.0 and 3.0 forms are starter models in LDD. I want to build him with Lego digital design or pick a brick and would like to make accurate representations of his 2.0 and 3.0 forms.Thanks.

Better than that. Here are the LXF files:2.03.0It should be noted that the 2.0 model in particular is inconsistent with many depictions of him. Most pics of him will use the exclusive co-injected black and silver metallic chest piece from Hero Recon Team, as well as some differently-colored shell pieces.
THANK YOU for those files, but I still have to download LDD (or use the disc that came with one of my LEGO Factory sets).I was also wondering if there is a collection of Merrick Fortis images from other media (websites, videos, comics, etc.) as I would like to see the differences in his various depictions and try to nail down his 2.0 and 3.0 builds as closely and as accurately as possible.My goal is to build his 2.0 and 3.0 forms in LDD as one usable, buyable guide/LDD file that would also include any parts variants or part color variants (one depiction may give him a gold claw, another a silver) as swappable limbs/parts.My intentions are to create a guide to building your very own cannon-accurate Merrick Fortis through LDD or pick-a-brick, and with various instructions/methods to build him to match whichever depiction/representation you may prefer of him throughout the various Hero Factory medias.This way people can build their Fortis as they see fit, and not go nuts trying to get his look down 100% right (since he's built a bit different in almost every picture of himself).Thanks.

Hi guys,Anyone have pictures/screenshots of the 2 lego digital design starter models of Merrick Fortis(2.0 & 3.0) from Hero Recon team? I read that his 2.0 and 3.0 forms are starter models in LDD. I want to build him with Lego digital design or pick a brick and would like to make accurate representations of his 2.0 and 3.0 forms.Thanks.

Better than that. Here are the LXF files:2.03.0It should be noted that the 2.0 model in particular is inconsistent with many depictions of him. Most pics of him will use the exclusive co-injected black and silver metallic chest piece from Hero Recon Team, as well as some differently-colored shell pieces.
THANK YOU for those files, but I still have to download LDD (or use the disc that came with one of my LEGO Factory sets).I was also wondering if there is a collection of Merrick Fortis images from other media (websites, videos, comics, etc.) as I would like to see the differences in his various depictions and try to nail down his 2.0 and 3.0 builds as closely and as accurately as possible.My goal is to build his 2.0 and 3.0 forms in LDD as one usable, buyable guide/LDD file that would also include any parts variants or part color variants (one depiction may give him a gold claw, another a silver) as swappable limbs/parts.My intentions are to create a guide to building your very own cannon-accurate Merrick Fortis through LDD or pick-a-brick, and with various instructions/methods to build him to match whichever depiction/representation you may prefer of him throughout the various Hero Factory medias.This way people can build their Fortis as they see fit, and not go nuts trying to get his look down 100% right (since he's built a bit different in almost every picture of himself).Thanks.
LEGO Digital Designer (the current version) is available as a free download at http://ldd.lego.com/. If you got a version on a disk back in the days of LEGO Factory, I'm afraid to say that's probably a very old version that won't have any Hero Factory parts on it, so a web download's still necessary for building any version of Fortis.Most of the Merrick Fortis images released so far can be seen here at HEROsector01.

I guess it shouldn't be a problem, because it's all over the internet, and HEROsector01 posted it (I did that :biggrin:). Instructions can be found here.

ThemeAccess=LDDExtended
I did everything the instructions said to do, but when i try to save it it denies access to save it in that file. How do I get it saved so I can use it?

I guess it shouldn't be a problem, because it's all over the internet, and HEROsector01 posted it (I did that :biggrin:). Instructions can be found here.

ThemeAccess=LDDExtended
I did everything the instructions said to do, but when i try to save it it denies access to save it in that file. How do I get it saved so I can use it?
Are you editing the file that is in the AppData folder, or the one in Program Files?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I have a question. I installed LDD extended as it said to do, but when I opened it, all the pieces were red, like in lego universe. Did I do something wrong?EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

• 5 weeks later...

Who has and uses LEGO Digital Designer. I do, and it is quite a fun program. What is your favorite mode; Design byME Mode, LEGO Mindstorms Mode, LEGO Universe Mode, or LDD Extended Mode?

I use it when I get the very rare inspiration, only built one really cool thing with it, a pyramid.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

Well, the update is here, yay! But then I forgot how much of a pain in the neck LDD updates are. My problem is that the program just stops in the middle of installing bricks, and then it just totally goes to not responding, and then it does nothing unless you try to close it. I attempted a whole horde of things that fixed it in the past (like deleting the preferences.ini's and such), but this seems like a whole new breed of problems!

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

I just installed the update with no problem. I'm loving the redesign; they turned what was DesignByMe mode into a lot more colors available, and a few new Ninjago pieces. I could be blind, though, but I don't see a blue Ninja outfit. You can make the other three main characters, but not Jay. (Well, you can, but without the robes texture.)I see a brain piece. I was just thinking yesterday, I wish LDD had a brain piece, and lo and behold. :DFLAT ROUND 1x1 TILES! Finally! :happydance:And it appears Extended Mode is now standard, replacing LU mode entirely. Not much seems to be new there but there's some Ninjago snake pieces and I think some of the HF pieces are new. But again, no Jay suit texture; I wonder why? You can approximate him with recolored Cole texture though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Okay, I got the update today. It's pretty cool, though not as cool as I would have liked. LDDExtended can still be accessed, and it still untortunately has more parts than normal LDD. :(It's kind of sad how they don't have all the HF parts. And maybe one or two new Bionicle parts would have been nice too. Oh well, I'm still happy with this new LDD.

Okay, I got the update today. It's pretty cool, though not as cool as I would have liked. LDDExtended can still be accessed, and it still untortunately has more parts than normal LDD. :(It's kind of sad how they don't have all the HF parts. And maybe one or two new Bionicle parts would have been nice too. Oh well, I'm still happy with this new LDD.

Actually, they have a ton of new HERO Factory and even BIONICLE parts, listed in the cladding and bone piece categories.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, with the update there were a ton of fixes to parts with errors, and plenty more pieces added to the program; including pieces from Cars, BIONICLE, Hero Factory, Ninjago, TECHNIC and more.I personally haven't installed the update yet, but when I do, I'm going to check compatibility with the Windows 8 Developer Preview, because that was an issue previously.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.