Ascent Of Matoran - Water

Ptah

Ascent of Matoran This time the ladies are doing it for themselves. An Ascent of Woman as it were, except for Berix. I tried Secondius in the Agori/Av-matoran spot, but a blue helm fit better than a silver one. I also tried another angle shot since the previous one was well received. Keep those comments coming. Three more elements to go. Classic OrderMaku in FrontGali in Front

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Okay, I'm going to be the harsh one here:The main problem I have here is that you're simply comparing sets throughout the years, and while I'm not one to say that it doesn't count as art, it's just not that great. You've put no effort into your set-up, which makes it seem more like you're just posing old sets on your desk by the wall than trying to compose an aesthetically pleasing imagine for the viewer. It's an interesting comparison of how the sets have evolved over the years, but it's not something that warrants a separate topic every time you do it. Perhaps you could've made this a lot more interesting if you were more creative with your setup and how the shot is composed. As it is the posing is very rigid and the flat camera angles don't help the lifeless effect.The background is just plain insulting. I know it's probably your best source of natural lighting (which, I might add, isn't bad) to get clear shots, but the least you could do is spend 89 cents for a single sheet of poster-board, which would diminish the amateur "taken-in-my-bedroom" feel to the pictures.I'm really sorry to put a damper on this topic, but I feel like you could do a lot better and I'd like to see this type of art improve. Best of luck in the future.

bannnnner.png

Thanks for the comments.You've given me a lot to think about Ezorov. You are right it was taken in my bedroom. When I started with Ice, I tried a white posterboard and got a weird polar bear in a snow storm look. Now that I've moved on to the other colors I'll give it a try. I'm not sure how I can give the sets a more active pose. I think you're right that more can be done. Look for improvements in the next batch.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg