Was Nuparu An Oddball For His Village

This topic might be off topic, not entirely sure. I'm sure I can count on you wonderful and vigilant staff member to decide.So, Nuparu, if I remember correctly was the one who made the Boxer, right? Made them out of Bohrok. I remember him seeming very special, back in 2002/2003.Anyway, I was wondering how common it was for Onu-koran to be an engineer? It seems like that would very helpful, being miners and all.Also, while I'm at it, does anybody have any idea how they adjusted to going back to becoming archivists after having to mine for a village-wide career, if they did at all?

Starting a new comic series soon.

Onu-Koro did have some good engineering, actually. Elevators and such. It seemed to me like most Onu-Matoran were of the building and thinking type. Nuparu was just really good at it.Seemed like Kongu was an oddball, though. Most Le-Matoran were cheerful.However, as I never really studied Nuparu and stereotypes in one go, I suggest waiting for Bonesiii to get more. This was just my take and opinion.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Onu-Matoran kind of struck me as research professors (as opposed to Ga-Matoran, who were more like elementary schoolteachers). Research professors study animals (Rahi) and invent things, so it wouldn't be too far off. And inventions wouldn't be too far off for miners either. I think he fits right in. As for adjustment, I think most of the exhibits, etc. were escaped or damaged, and I don't think the Onu-Matoran would have have the time to fix the Archives and reacquire all the exhibits before the robot got head-crunched.

Nuparu being an engineer didn't make him an oddball, IMO. I think that any Matoran of any kind could be an engineer. It was just what Nuparu wanted to do.As for how the Onu-Matoran adjusted to living Onu-Metru again, I think Fishers64's answer is the right one.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Onu-Matoran did commonly work with mechanics in the Mines, but Nuparu did seem an oddball to me. Sort of like the Takua of Onu-Matoran. He tried to fit in, but was slightly off-kilter from the norm, like he had a different calling (which, as it turned out, he did).And as for their re-adjustment to the Metru Nui lifestyle after they migrated back, I am never sure. I actually always did wonder how they could just return to a life they couldn't even remember and so abruptly leaving their longtime home. Seems it would definitely be harder than they made it seem.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

MNOG's portrayal of Onu-Koro's Great Mines and the Lightstone Mine was the only instance of industrial machinery. Assuming that part is canon, it shows they're mechanically minded. After all, that mining doesn't need to be just to provide stone for Po-Koro.Based on that, I would say he fits in more or less, but he may be more of an inventor, so someone they rely on to come up with the things they build rather than being just like the average. They might think him a bit odd, but in a good way since he knows how to make things they want. He might even be the inventor of all the machines in the original MNOG.Also, since he was destined to become a Toa and the others weren't (as far as we know), that might have made him slightly more odd.One caution to the above is that the "computer tablets" shown being carried by some Onu-Matoran in MNOG were confirmed non-canon by Greg. Still, the other tech all seems consistent with things that were confirmed. Being miners, they would get access to metal as a resource, and part of the canon making of a Boxor scene involved welding machinery, etc. which had to be for something.BTW, part of being archivists included mining, or digging at least to make the tunnels for the Archives. Plus there -was- some mining in Onu-Metru.(And yes, the topic does belong here in S&T; it's about story.)Edit: Here's a useful quote from the BS01 Nuparu page:

As the 2nd Class Tunnel Engineer for the 12th Marn Tunnel in Onu-Koro's 4th Section, Nuparu had a great duty, and worked hard throughout the long years underground. The Matoran trusted Nuparu to build inventions and machines for the village.
Emphasis mine. Notice they had a system of ranks of engineers, thus he wasn't the only one, yet he was different as he was an inventor as well. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

One caution to the above is that the "computer tablets" shown being carried by some Onu-Matoran in MNOG were confirmed non-canon by Greg.
Huh. I don't remember those, what were they?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

One caution to the above is that the "computer tablets" shown being carried by some Onu-Matoran in MNOG were confirmed non-canon by Greg.
Huh. I don't remember those, what were they?
Here's an image. The dark green dot on the upper left of the tablet in this image would blink on and off (shown off here).http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/2/22/Cavernoflight.PNG

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Huh. I didn't notice that. As for Nuparu, the fact that he was destined to be a Toa probably meant he was a little eccentric, and he was an unusually talented engineer. But I don't think the fact that he was an engineer makes him an oddball.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

So Onu matorans were the clever ones. I always thought that was Ko-matorans. Im so confused now.
What do you mean? Inventive? The Ko-Matoran are quiet, like to stare at walls and watch icicles grow. But they're just as smart as any. The Le were also inventors often in Metru Nui.

So Onu matorans were the clever ones. I always thought that was Ko-matorans. Im so confused now.
What do you mean? Inventive? The Ko-Matoran are quiet, like to stare at walls and watch icicles grow. But they're just as smart as any. The Le were also inventors often in Metru Nui.
I always saw them as maths and science brains. Infact they I saw them as stereotypical nerd. Anti social, neat and organized, quiet and shy. Those sorts of things.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, they probably did use math of some kind in their various musings, studying the stars, the Wall of prophecy, etc. But Ko-Matoran definately were not (typically anyways) industrial, in either location. Onu were, as well as some others on Metru Nui.Also, I don't think any of them were meant to be stereotypical in any sense of real-world personality types per se. The "antisocial" (or just unsocial as I prefer to call it) comes from the idea of cold, which comes from ice.