Needed: Part measurements

Click

So, I'm starting some 3D printing, and I need a few part measurements.I heard somewhere that Lego pieces need to be molded within .003 of their precise measurements, or they won't stick, so I need these to be exact to the thousandths! If anyone has an electric measurer (or whatever those things are called), that would be very nice. Please and thank you!Parts to be measured:

• Lightsaber blade diameter (or any other handle that can be put inside a normal Lego hook/minifig hand)
  • Minifig neck diameter (on piece head attaches to)
  • Minifig arm diameter (at about halfway between top and elbow, please measure x and y values!)
  • Minifig hand diameter (at the widest part of the hand across the middle perpendicular to the pin that enters the arm)
  • Minifig head diameters (from across eyes on both sides, diameter of stud on top, and diameter of bottom "Neck" holder)
  • Technic + pin heights (from top to bottom, as well as width of the side teeth)
  • Helmet width (between indents where visor attaches, as well as thickness of plastic on the chinguard, measuring from the bottom)

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I might have more later. If you can just even do one, that would be great! Thanks again!

Keep in mind that even if official LEGO pieces are accurate within a thousandth of a millimeter, your own custom pieces don't have to be that accurate by a longshot.For some of the minifigure measurements you are seeking, this image could prove useful to you. Most of the measurements are in millimeters. Lightsaber blades and other accessories that minifigures can hold are usually about 3.2 millimeters in diameter. That's all I can really offer.

hmmmm. i wonder what this is for....i can tell you based on hasbros standards with legion figures the hand opening is slightly larger than 3 mmthe neck joint, outside of the hands and head stud can fit in a standard 5mm port on a transformer figure. hope that helps!

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I have a pair of machinist calipers. I took a few measurements of what I have.Neck- 4.88mmHead- 10.16mm (width) 11.65 (height)I am having trouble with the arms and the hands as they have some curves. I am terrible at math so I don't want to mess anything up.

Edited by MasterShadow

• 2 weeks later...

Well this seems to be answered sufficiently. If you need any more help, I'd place a notice in your signature or profile (or blog if you become Premier), as that's where personal requests belong anyway. Good luck with your project!Topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender