Flash Fire Entry: Tahu Mistika

Fsnorglepuff

Well, this is the first time posting in this forum ... you shall see why I spend my time in the BBC instead.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Fsnorglepuff/avatars/tahuentry.pngImages over 500 kB should be linked to. -B6Yep, Tahu Nuva with adaptive armor. When I saw the Flash Fire contest, I immediately finished up my MOC of Tahu that I had been working on for the last two years (along with the other 2008 Toa, plus Vezon, Roodaka, Macku, and Kapura) and took some pictures. With hours of editing, here's the result. I had to erase the background, and use Picasa and GIMP in alternating combination to create the poster/oil painting effect. Many details also had to be redone manually, particularly the eyes and heartlight. And due to the lighting at the time of the shot, the armor had to be greyscaled ... what a mess picture editing can be. Anyways, any comments and questions are appreciated.Don't forget to vote in the contest!a_peace.png

Edited by Black Six

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Wow.... When I first saw the image, I thought to myself, "WIN. I have never seen a better drawing!" Then I read the rest of your post, and realized what I was actually seeing :P Not to say it's bad, because it's far from that. The MOC itself looks really good, and it definitely gives off the "Tahu Mistika" vibe. The coulours are all very well done, and the editing you did looks amazing! I wish you the best of luck in the contest! (As if this really needs luck to do well ;) )signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Wow, you really MOC'd this? Nice work. However, there one flaw I'll point out.One, his chest looks very, very female. (Thou shall be smited if thou callest me a pervert...eth.)Overall, he looks bulked out and powerful. A flatter chest would work wonders for this. I suggest modifying and re-submitting it just to to do that, and to add more color to the torso.I especially love the bulky lower legs. Reminds me of Optimus Prime, and the tubes are epic. That gun on his wrist definitely outdoes the Nynrah Ghost Blaster for appearance.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Great! Like the mods on the torso armor and around the ankles, it really fills the whole thing in. :)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

Wow, that's a really awesome looking Tahu Mistika! Looks better than the original. I'm not sure what to say, but I do kind of agree with TNG Prime, his waist kinda looks small and a bit femaleness, but overall pretty amazing!

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

To TNG Prime: the torso actually is quite flat (in terms of protrusion), but it is very rounded. I actually made this design for Gali (who now has the most feminine body but most masculine mask, ironically) and I have yet to find a way of adapting the armor in a way that preserves the uniformity amongst the Toa and still evades that feminine look. The search continues, but I have had great luck with Onua (bulking up his waist and shoulders).Unfortunately resubmission is non-permitted. Thanks all!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva