Beast of Terror

For a collab at Brickfair!7597694086_4f809e17d0_n.jpg(Click for the larger picture)Side/backGalleryFlickrThis was a real fun MOC to make, I haven't really used green all that much. I'm happy to have gotten the shaping I wanted, especially since the torso was a pain to make, at times. But the end result was worth it.The stability isn't really a problem either, the feet each almost act like tri-pods. The weight is more forward, but the natural way for the feet to fall is in the opposite direction. So I can move it's arms and it isn't likely to fall.C&C Appreciated.

This is actually kind of cute. The torso and the savage appearance are both cool. The colors are also fantastic. My only complaint is that there should be something covering the top of the mouth but other than that, Great job on this!

Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg

This is really good. I love the armor, it really flows nicely. The only thing I don't really like is how the teeth are lined up instead of curved.
Thanks. The upper jaw line is slightly curved, but not by much.
The white bits make the MOC.
Glad you like them, I tried to incorporate the horn pieces to give the MOC more of a monstrous demeanor.
This is actually kind of cute. The torso and the savage appearance are both cool. The colors are also fantastic. My only complaint is that there should be something covering the top of the mouth but other than that, Great job on this!
I guess it is :P Thanks. There isn't really anything that could cover up the top of the mouth without leaving an ugly gap, so I just settled with this arrangement.

Its very good, with 2 niggles I have that, being honest, could not be fixed without access to parts I don't believe exist...Firstly the hands/claws would be better if the fingers were green and the nails were white, however I don't believe those pieces are available in the correct shade of green, so niggle 1 void. :PThe other is the attachment of the top teeth, whcih is a pretty common configuration, but I'm not a fan of being able to see the "roots" of the teeth. Again, I couldn't think of a way to fix this problem though.These are both exceptionally minor faults, that are mainly me being pedantic. Other than those it is fantastic, I love the use of the Miru Nuva on the back, and the Kakama on the front. They both fit in well, and the spines that fit in the Miru nuva look great there. I like the custom feet, they have a good bestial look. The colour scheme is well done, and I always like to see Mata Green, as it's not very common.Awesome.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Its very good, with 2 niggles I have that, being honest, could not be fixed without access to parts I don't believe exist...Firstly the hands/claws would be better if the fingers were green and the nails were white, however I don't believe those pieces are available in the correct shade of green, so niggle 1 void. :PThe other is the attachment of the top teeth, whcih is a pretty common configuration, but I'm not a fan of being able to see the "roots" of the teeth. Again, I couldn't think of a way to fix this problem though.These are both exceptionally minor faults, that are mainly me being pedantic. Other than those it is fantastic, I love the use of the Miru Nuva on the back, and the Kakama on the front. They both fit in well, and the spines that fit in the Miru nuva look great there. I like the custom feet, they have a good bestial look. The colour scheme is well done, and I always like to see Mata Green, as it's not very common.Awesome.
Originally I wanted to have the fingers be black, but I didn't have enough black exo-force fingers to do so. Green would've been good, but you're right, they don't come in mata green.I wish there was a way to cover up the roots, but there wasn't anything that I could do, without redo-ing the whole head.Thank you! Glad you like the rest of the MOC :) And yes, mata green isn't really that common anymore, it's a shame, considering that it looks pretty cool.

Really nice MoC! The spikes really work well. Same for the ear-thing made out of Playset-Piraka-Spines. I like the fact that you included some Kanohi on it, they flow well with the MoC and give it some resemblance with the old school Rahi. Other than that, I have to say that the legs look a tad too thin in comparsion with the rest of the MoC.

le-koro_banner.jpg

Looks excellent! I like the flow of the torso and legs, it's great. I was told that somebody bought this at Brickfair, although I don't know how accurate the claim was. Of course if it was bought, you would know about it.... I think. :P

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Great jaws. Although it probably isn't what you were aiming for, they make him look rather friendly, at least to me. Looks sort of like a barking dog, IMO. Great colours and claws too. Amazing MOC.
Thanks! Well I do feel it has a bit of cuteness to it, I guess :P
Really nice MoC! The spikes really work well. Same for the ear-thing made out of Playset-Piraka-Spines. I like the fact that you included some Kanohi on it, they flow well with the MoC and give it some resemblance with the old school Rahi. Other than that, I have to say that the legs look a tad too thin in comparsion with the rest of the MoC.
Thank you. The kanohi had to be necessary, since otherwise I wouldn't have enough green parts that'd work here. Yes, the legs are lackluster, I would've added more substance, but since my Wandering Flame MOC had to be intact, I couldn't do so.
Looks excellent! I like the flow of the torso and legs, it's great. I was told that somebody bought this at Brickfair, although I don't know how accurate the claim was. Of course if it was bought, you would know about it.... I think. :P
Thanks! Yes, this little guy was sold for $60 over at Brickfair. And don't worry, I approved the sale :P

You generally don't see Mata Green monsters, but it looks awesome here. And that head is awesome.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

As you already know I’m a fan of this moc :P I'm just gonna weigh in on the “teeth roots issue”... I personally don’t mind them but to cover them up would you be able to swap out http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6019 for http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4081b I’m not even sure if it’s the same part you used but you may be able to do a little switharoo :P Anyway nice one ;)

fazelynx_100.jpgunit_t4-z6a_100.jpgsharp_ed_100.jpgmt-05_100.jpgaeolus_100.jpgzaldrizes_100.jpghysleria_100.jpgnivawk_100.jpg

The sturdy build of it and unique color sheme are the best parts of this MOC. The dab of orange for his eye goes well with each of the colors you used: Green, white, and black. The Hero Factory armor pieces also give it a smooth, solid feel.Oh, and I love your use of Kanohi, Rahkshi head pieces, and the subtle pipe you put in its build.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I'm going to have to agree with some of the other posters in regards to the upper jaw. It just looks a bit strange on this otherwise great MOC.

Originally I wanted to have the fingers be black, but I didn't have enough black exo-force fingers to do so. Green would've been good, but you're right, they don't come in mata green.
Green would look great, but black would make the arms look to bland. I would personally leave them white.One thing I really like about the hands is how you connected the thumb to the rest of the hand. It looks like it should allow for more movement than other similar designs I've seen. And I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your thumb to replace the clunky thumb on a MOC I've been working on. Edited by Rama~Swarm

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

You generally don't see Mata Green monsters, but it looks awesome here. And that head is awesome.
Thanks!
As you already know I’m a fan of this moc :P I'm just gonna weigh in on the “teeth roots issue”... I personally don’t mind them but to cover them up would you be able to swap out http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?P=6019 for http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=4081b I’m not even sure if it’s the same part you used but you may be able to do a little switharoo :P Anyway nice one ;)
Ah, that could have helped. I'll try and get some soon. But since I don't have this anymore, I can't really fix the MOC :P
The sturdy build of it and unique color sheme are the best parts of this MOC. The dab of orange for his eye goes well with each of the colors you used: Green, white, and black. The Hero Factory armor pieces also give it a smooth, solid feel.Oh, and I love your use of Kanohi, Rahkshi head pieces, and the subtle pipe you put in its build.
Thank you! Glad you like it.
I'm going to have to agree with some of the other posters in regards to the upper jaw. It just looks a bit strange on this otherwise great MOC.
Originally I wanted to have the fingers be black, but I didn't have enough black exo-force fingers to do so. Green would've been good, but you're right, they don't come in mata green.
Green would look great, but black would make the arms look to bland. I would personally leave them white.One thing I really like about the hands is how you connected the thumb to the rest of the hand. It looks like it should allow for more movement than other similar designs I've seen. And I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal your thumb to replace the clunky thumb on a MOC I've been working on.
Yeah, I wish I had some of those parts that Ray linked to for this MOC. The hands did allow for some extra movement, but it's nothing really special, it was a makeshift way for me to add a thumb :P Sure go ahead!