Ak's Art n' stuff

Hmm, almost forgot about this place. Probably has something to do with the fact im a relic of the past nobody knows about or talks to anymore :P Or it could just be i jumped on the wagon with all the other awesome artists that used to go here (or at least, most of the ones i was aware of at the time) and left to-- Well, I'd like to think its fairly both harmless and obvious, but BZP rules are rules, and i guess i have to keep my mouth shut XD

Anyways, for that one random person that will click out of this in sheer bordom because they have nothing better to do, I have bestowed upon you the horrible curse of looking at -gasp- Pictures :L

-Bionicles:

-OC's:

-Akaku (July 2012)

-Zenru

-RPG Characters:

-Agony

-Iztoz and Isolde

-Friend's OC's/RPG Characters:

-Kalima (Fern's)

-Landscapes:

-Requests/Gifts:

-Fern's Birthday Present! (2012)

-WIP/Scraps:

-Akaku Expression Sketches

-Kilik

-Soldier

-Other:

-The Final Stand

You know where to look for my other/older stuff =P

Thanks for taking a look; I'll probably update every once in a while and not dissapear again if this topic actually goes anywhere.

(Yes, I did just Edit this five year old Topic of mine to fix the Formatting. If someone actually ever finds and reads this message, PM me and I'll draw your OC being given a cookie.)

--Akaku: Master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

I'm not really big on how you did the masks... I've always been a fan of having the masks being over the face, not the face...Other than that little irk, these are great (much better than anything I could ever do)! I love the more robotic feel they give off, and if you think of them as robots, not organics, everything just clicks together for a second!You ever tried doing a drawn comic? I get the feeling you'd be good at it...

I'm not really big on how you did the masks... I've always been a fan of having the masks being over the face, not the face...Other than that little irk, these are great (much better than anything I could ever do)! I love the more robotic feel they give off, and if you think of them as robots, not organics, everything just clicks together for a second!You ever tried doing a drawn comic? I get the feeling you'd be good at it...
Heh, well, funny thing; The reason why the faces look more like part of the masks themselves them rather then behind them is because I used to indeed draw plenty of comics, and I found it made it alot easier to bring out there emotions and expressions :PI actually had many Series on the go' at once that i used to work on, but any comics ive done recently have all been off-site XDThank you for the compliments =)
I like the art you've posted here, especially the Final Stand piece. The colors and drawing style would fit very well into a fan comic. I hope you post more soon.
As said above, that's probably because I used to make fan comics XD Thanks for the positive feedback :P --Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)

I'm not around the art forums much (which is also why I don't feel qualified to give critique other than thumbs up here), so I'm not sure if I'm violating any unspoken trade secret rules here by asking, but what program do you use for these? I want to guess Photoshop, but I'm actually not that great at guessing XD

• Upvote 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I'm not around the art forums much (which is also why I don't feel qualified to give critique other than thumbs up here), so I'm not sure if I'm violating any unspoken trade secret rules here by asking, but what program do you use for these? I want to guess Photoshop, but I'm actually not that great at guessing XD
I tried using Photoshop acouple times, but I found I'm just too stubborn to switch from something i find perfactly usable and am rather expirenced with, Being a program both loved and hated by many known only as Gimp 2.6 :PI also use my Wacom Intuos4 Tablet with said program to help make it all happen =P--Akaku: Master of Flight

Whoa whoa, winnergy! I'm in a couple art classes at school, painting to be specific, and to keep up during the summer, I actually got an Intuos4 myself, since buying all the actual paints etc. would be more expensive. I'm still adjusting to the digital art process, and I swear, photoshop will be the death of me. I may have to try Gimp, I used to use it for banner making and other small projects.On another note:

Probably has something to do with the fact im a relic of the past nobody knows about or talks to anymore
:o All you Seneca are famous, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)

Whoa whoa, winnergy! I'm in a couple art classes at school, painting to be specific, and to keep up during the summer, I actually got an Intuos4 myself, since buying all the actual paints etc. would be more expensive. I'm still adjusting to the digital art process, and I swear, photoshop will be the death of me. I may have to try Gimp, I used to use it for banner making and other small projects.On another note:
Probably has something to do with the fact im a relic of the past nobody knows about or talks to anymore
:o All you Seneca are famous, I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Thats up for debate :PFor instance, evidence shows from the posts above that my comics arent exactly the most remembered things in the world, and with it myself XP While im sure My love Inferna and many of the other seneca may still have popularity on the forums, I have little to none at all XD (which im pretty much perfactly content with, given the fact that there are other places i go to now where i tend to get alot of input and replies :P) --Akaku: Master of Flight

O.o Inferna, I can't say much other than that her writing is, to say the least, inspiring. I'm sure you know that better than I do, though.Also, thanks for mentioning Gimp, I dug it up on my computer and started playing around there, its fun =D

Yeah, you'd know I'd post this late. Procrastination after all.But yeah, It's good to see your work again. Last Stand and Akaku's face were my favorites, definitely; especially Akaku's face, which seemed more detailed and well defined then most of the others. Are you still doing GTABT?

O.o Inferna, I can't say much other than that her writing is, to say the least, inspiring. I'm sure you know that better than I do, though.Also, thanks for mentioning Gimp, I dug it up on my computer and started playing around there, its fun =D
Indeed; even long before i fell in love with fern did I always find her stories absolutly astounding and amazing ^^and not a problem; I find gimp alot more simpler and easier to use then photoshop anyways XP
Yeah, you'd know I'd post this late. Procrastination after all.But yeah, It's good to see your work again. Last Stand and Akaku's face were my favorites, definitely; especially Akaku's face, which seemed more detailed and well defined then most of the others.Are you still doing GTABT?
Thanks; i guess i might start updating this topic after all XPGTaBT? Uhm.. I still plan to continue it in other places, but due to all of BZP's language restrictions n' such, I'm not sure if it's worth putting them back here again :P ...hey, I couldve sworn i saw me good friend`Zahaki made a reply here.. oh well XD--Akaku: Master of Flight

The Final Stand - epic! Well done, sir! :)
Thanks! :D
I also think the final stand is epic. You did a great job. I really like your style of conveying emotions with your characters.
It seems your not the only one; I'm suprised to see how many people actually like the final stand picture, and thank you. ^^--Akaku: Master of Flight

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't I post before?Oh, well.Great Artwork Ak, as always.I gotta say your Mug shot is brilliant. Aslong with 'The Final Stand', which I believe is one of your best 'action' picture... EVER!z_signoff.png

Edited by Zahaki