UNISON

-Absorba-

Now, my friends, do you not think Absorba here hasn't earned something just more then gratitude, no I say. I say we all make him a special short comic or .gif to show him our appreciation, how else to celebrate a comic author then to shower him in delicous, awesome cake comics about his achievements?I even have the perfect idea, I'll be pming you guys for some info, thanks if you oblige :biggrin:
I gotta say, that sounds like a rad idea.

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Now, my friends, do you not think Absorba here hasn't earned something just more then gratitude, no I say. I say we all make him a special short comic or .gif to show him our appreciation, how else to celebrate a comic author then to shower him in delicous, awesome cake comics about his achievements?I even have the perfect idea, I'll be pming you guys for some info, thanks if you oblige :biggrin:
I'm totally up with that idea, one deserves a thank-you-gift after making a comic on that level of epicosity.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Hah, you little kiddies have fun. :D I'm actually interested to see if someone would be willing to continue this out, like the Christmas Advent Calender we do every year. I wanna see some new ideas, and that would be downright fun, wouldn't it?Anyways, Day 7. Last comic....Here's to us.Have a nice day!

I really miss Dark. Not because there aren't great comic makers still here. Gavla, Soran, Vataki and so many others, but because he never really had a chance to say goodbye. I am not one to harp an a subject but really, I think many of us can agree, he will be missed.It was great to have that last comic/ poster. Thank you for making this series

sig2_0.png

@XIV. Xion: Refer to my response to Facade. XD@Facade: Malcolm in the Middle, anyone? I actually made this as it was because it is remenicent of like a momento, like an old photo. Oddly enough, all I had to do was make them look happy and apply a sepiatone filter. Heh, go figure.@Terra Nuva: We all miss Dark, Terra. We all do.@Vahi: I love how people seem to assume even with a gargantuan explosion like that, they would all survive. BZpower logic, methinks. XDThough even if they did all die, I don't think it would be canon to any comic series, as I said it before on the first comic.Anyways, THANK YOU all so much for supporting this miniseries! It was a shame to have this finally end, and yet I thank you all for supporting this all the way.As said before, I would honestly like to see this be some sort of an anniversary event like the Christmas Advent Calander. I'd like to see this sort of idea expanded on, but not have to do with a fight... I'd like to see the authors be united in a way OTHER than a brawl.I won't be doing something in this magnitude for a while, as... Well.... That Adventure Series is feeling like a major breather after this, and I'd just like to rest for a while. :)But yeah, I'd like to see what you guys think about this and what you come up with as a response! I'll see you all soon.(At least make a Bzpower comics wiki page on this. XD)

Edited by -Absorba-

(At least make a Bzpower comics wiki page on this. XD)
UGGGGHHHHHWHY CAN'T YOU DO THAT YOURSELFOkay, I'm going to warn you that I might end up being a little harsh here, and if that's the case I apologize in advance. I'm not a regular reader of your work, so I didn't exactly know what to expect, and as a result I may end up contradicting everything I say here.But seriously, this was something of a letdown to me.When I read the opening monologue you wrote for this concerning the creativity of the forum still going strong, I personally thought at the time that this forum was as good as dead. Most of the comics I had seen on here ranged from okay to mediocre to cringeworthy. Your announcement for UNISON at least gave me some shard of hope, and I was legitimately more than glad to join.I can honestly say that I wasn't expecting a giant fight scene with all the participants beating each other to death.And not even that, in some points. From what I saw of the "DAY X" listings, I thought it would be seven comics long. What I got was three comics, two hind-kissing pages of text, and one "photo" featuring all the participants which I felt would have been quite awesome if the graphics didn't make my eyes bleed. Oh, yeah, and one day worth of nothing.Another thing that really got to me was the graphics. The retina-scarring smudge tool was more than I could handle. On top of that, apparently these comics are enormous and more than my iPad can handle, because they keep crashing it.But the biggest letdown of all was the ending. A massive explosion taking up several (individual) panels, and the moon darkening and waning. I just don't get it. Admittingly, this is more of a personal gripe if anything, but I felt the ending was just way too... vague for my liking.Don't get me wrong. Uniting the Comics forum's authors is a great idea and generally a difficult thing to pull off. I was attempting something similar a long time ago but ultimately gave up. I'm glad you at least tried to pull this off, and it's not a bad comic in general, but all in all I was pretty disappointed.However, I do agree that you should do something similar for the Advent Calendar, uniting the authors in some way than in a total melee. That is, assuming we have an Advent Calendar this year. Edited by Gerlicky

@Gerlicky (cuz I'm not quoting all of that);I'd have to respectfully disagree there. I personally rather enjoyed UNISON's run, even if I expected there to be more comics.Really, I liked the 'photo', despite the graphics 'making your eyes bleed' (which I don't entirely see where you're coming from, but I may have gotten used to Absorba's style).What I don't understand about your post is that you didn't expect a 'fight to the death', but I'm pretty sure Absorba said from one of the earliest points of UNISON's development that it was going to be an all-out brawl, so I'm not too sure what you were expecting. I do kind of have the same gripes about the ending as you did, but I'm not really sure how it could've ended in a way that satisfied everyone.OK, now that that's out of the way, on to everything else. :PI really do like the effect you pulled off the 'photo' - I feel the sepia-tone helps add a sense of nostalgia to it which may or may not have already been there. It's a really good idea, I think, as it sort of implies that, even after all the fighting, everyone in ArtIII is a family, which I guess we sort of are, sort of. Sure, a competitive, half-talented, potentially rage/hate-filled family, but a family none the less. :PI think that making a UNISON-styled event every year is a great idea, although I think it'd be best if someone different handled it every year (y'know, because the same person doing the same basic thing every year would get stale rather fast). That way, I think it'd really work well. :)

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Gerlicky...I actually kind of needed that.While that did crush a bit of my ego, it actually also helped me a bit. Here's the thing; I am not egotistic. I know that while I am good, I honestly don't think I have qualities that would make comics as great as Gavla's Comics, Generic Quest, etc. I just made this as a bit of my own celebration, which happened to include a bunch of others. Let's talk about the points in order:-The concept: Yeah, I guess that was a ##### part on my part. I guess I didn't really elaborate much on this, and I know people were probably expecting something else completely different, like it being more story-driven or such. But here's the thing: How story-driven can you exactly make this? I honestly don't think it could have much more of a plot considering this somewhat barbaric nature of the entire concept, but if somebody actually can think up of a legitimately more fitting plot, yeah, then I retract that argument.-The graphics: Yep.... I honestly agree with this....sort of.I don't really know what to do about the effects, to be fairly honest. I know they definitely aren't amazing, but also aren't terrible to me. Part of this comes from my own personal style, and yeah, it admittedly don't think it's perfect, but it gets the job done for me. I'm honestly not really great at the more professional graphics, such as Generic Quest or Live, Learn and Lawsuits, but I honestly don't know how to do something like that. They must have spent a ton of time on stuff like that, and that's dedication, but I don't really have the skills or... to be honest... time to do it. My computer isn't perfect for this, because I have a bunch of other things clogging up my harddrive space, and while comics are a big part of my interests, my life doesn't always let that be a priority. I've actually had a HUGE amount of accidents occur during this time, and I honestly feel really terrible and really unlucky that things like this would happen at possibly the WORST of times. I know I had... what, six months for this, but I didn't really plan things out all the way. Most of the time when I was creating the series was during May/June time, and that's when I was having my school finals (wow, mentioning school in early August. God, I'm a nerd.), and it was a very stressful time for me. But still, your claim is valid, but I feel that in terms of the graphics themselves.... it's based on opinion.The ending: Okay, THIS, to me, was inexcusable.Yes. I said it.Here's the scoop on the ending: This wasn't the original intention. I actually had an alternate ending to this fight, but it honestly felt way to cheesy and melodramatic, and that I'd be ridiculed for it. I plan on releasing it as an alternate ending later (I still have the storyboard, I might actually finish it when I have more time), but I didn't really know how people would react. So, I went this route, and I felt it was much better, and honestly, I still kind of do.As stated in the credits, I've left this ambiguous since it's pretty symbolic to the whole subject of controversy. Also, another reason I didn't touch upon, was that I wanted to have it up for interpretation. See what the masses come up with.But in the end, while I'm satisfied very much with my final ending, the fact that I didn't take a risk of releasing something that I initially planned for is just lazy. I guess I should release it soon, but most people in general seem to have liked it.In conclusion, Gerlicky, you've actually brought up a bunch of great points about this, but honestly, I am still satisfied with the end result. You have your own opinion, I have mine, and so does everybody else, and the general consensus is that, yes, I did make a neat comic. I admit it has major flaws to it, but I think we can all agree that this was a nice idea executed really well.This is why I brought up the idea of continuing this further. I came up with the idea, but this can be thought as the initial introduction. There are FAR better talents in this forum that can pull off this idea WAY better than I, but I just feel privileged to take this idea and complete it. I'd like to see someone else try. Let's be creative here, shall we?

I don't really know what to do about the effects, to be fairly honest. I know they definitely aren't amazing, but also aren't terrible to me. Part of this comes from my own personal style, and yeah, it admittedly don't think it's perfect, but it gets the job done for me. I'm honestly not really great at the more professional graphics, such as Generic Quest or Live, Learn and Lawsuits, but I honestly don't know how to do something like that. They must have spent a ton of time on stuff like that, and that's dedication, but I don't really have the skills or... to be honest... time to do it. My computer isn't perfect for this, because I have a bunch of other things clogging up my harddrive space, and while comics are a big part of my interests, my life doesn't always let that be a priority. I've actually had a HUGE amount of accidents occur during this time, and I honestly feel really terrible and really unlucky that things like this would happen at possibly the WORST of times. I know I had... what, six months for this, but I didn't really plan things out all the way. Most of the time when I was creating the series was during May/June time, and that's when I was having my school finals (wow, mentioning school in early August. God, I'm a nerd.), and it was a very stressful time for me. But still, your claim is valid, but I feel that in terms of the graphics themselves.... it's based on opinion.
Okay finding a graphical style that works for you isn't exactly easy, that much is understandableBut please don't use the smudge tool for motion effectsOr anything else reallyI mean that's pretty much the first rule of GIMPIt looks terrible and it always has and always will look terribleI don't see why that's so hard for BZP comic makers to understand

RksnKgM.jpg

I don't really know what to do about the effects, to be fairly honest. I know they definitely aren't amazing, but also aren't terrible to me. Part of this comes from my own personal style, and yeah, it admittedly don't think it's perfect, but it gets the job done for me. I'm honestly not really great at the more professional graphics, such as Generic Quest or Live, Learn and Lawsuits, but I honestly don't know how to do something like that. They must have spent a ton of time on stuff like that, and that's dedication, but I don't really have the skills or... to be honest... time to do it. My computer isn't perfect for this, because I have a bunch of other things clogging up my harddrive space, and while comics are a big part of my interests, my life doesn't always let that be a priority. I've actually had a HUGE amount of accidents occur during this time, and I honestly feel really terrible and really unlucky that things like this would happen at possibly the WORST of times. I know I had... what, six months for this, but I didn't really plan things out all the way. Most of the time when I was creating the series was during May/June time, and that's when I was having my school finals (wow, mentioning school in early August. God, I'm a nerd.), and it was a very stressful time for me. But still, your claim is valid, but I feel that in terms of the graphics themselves.... it's based on opinion.
Okay finding a graphical style that works for you isn't exactly easy, that much is understandableBut please don't use the smudge tool for motion effectsOr anything else really
Eh, I guess it's because it was the easiest way to get some sort of motion effect when starting out with GIMP.I used to use it alot. Then I learned motion blur.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

And, Gerlicky/Absorba/DJ, you just somewhat proved this comic-thingy-whatever's point. Everyone has opinions about everything.Whether they be about "Who's the best comic maker", or "Who can make good graphics", or "Who can write good stories".People can square off about these things, and no matter what, we will never truly know who's right.YOU may think you're right, but one always judges one's self either with a narcissistic outlook or a self-concious one. Very few can do an in-between.And so, in the end, either you like it or you don't like it.But what matters is that Absorba has put a ton of hours of his life into trying and making us happy, and I say he's succeeded, as do others.And so, things at the core never seem to change, no matter how prettied up they seem on the outside.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...