Lego.com Message Boards

Toa Turing

How many of you use the Lego.com message boards? How often? What do you think of them?I occasionally use the bionicle forum, but not very often, because I think they are disorganized and immature. They are obviously made for younger kids."I don't think 627 WAT UR FAVORITE BIONICAL topics are enough, so I'll make another one!" :P

Edited by Toa of Geek

I really need a better signature.

I've used them, but it was way back before I had an account here and still played LU. Honestly, for every poster that uses grammer, there are 8-10 more that ignore it. And then they have the RPG zone, which is a bunch of 'HQ's and battle fields... Not that there aren't people that try to make things more organized, but to me it feels like a bunch of :dunce: s that are constantly :headbonk: -ing posters into a :dazed: state. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Oh, the LEGO Message Boards. I used them once, a long time ago. It never really became a big "hobby" for me. I occasionally stop through there if I get linked from a search engine, searching something Ninjago-related.I'm surprised the skin hasn't changed since I used them...

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I hate them. They are full of immature individuals who constantly post spam and duplicate topics, not to mention the terrible grammar and spelling. The world would be a better place without them.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I love them. They're a great place to go if you want to see some nearly depressing bring-back-BIONICLE drama.And Hero Factory shipping wars.And the reason why BZP doesn't allow dream topics.And overprotective parents if you know where to look.

Edited by Gerlicky

And the reason why BZP doesn't allow dream topics.
I love looking at dream topics because they all are cliche and are clearly made up.
That's nothing. Someone on there started writing a huge fan fiction and tried to pass it off as a dream. It may as well be one of the greatest (if not most brain-numbing) things I've ever seen there.

I go there once in a few months and don't even post most of the times. :P Seriously, no need to go there when you have BZPower! :D Plus another LEGO AFOL forum I'm a member of, but am not too active on (yet).-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It's the perfect example of why humans never deserved global communication.
Then why are you here? :PSeriously, I think you are all exaggerating. They are small kids, after all. You can't expect them to be rational and mature, even less so in an online message board about LEGO. ^_^-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

bad grammar
What? The people's grammar on there was just as good as plenty of other places, I believe you meant to say spelling.Official forums ran by toy/movie/whatever companies do tend to be pretty bad. in general. An official forum that's also aimed at young kids just adds to the problem. Edited by BenLuke-116

I've never really used them. Too rarely is there an actual ongoing conversation with new information introduced and expanded upon. A lot of topics, in fact, seem like the people posting there didn't read anything but the title and maybe the first post. I tend to prefer sites like BZPower where the moderators and members work to keep things on-topic rather than just a stream of tenuously-related comments.

Same as jamesster and aanchir.Same as jamesster and aanchir.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I love them. They're a great place to go if you want to see some nearly depressing bring-back-BIONICLE drama.
BZP still has its own share if that, in certain places.Anyway, no, I don't visit them. I had an account a while back, and occasionally posted old MOCs on the sharing function, but BZP's obviously much better in every single way, so I haven't been back there in years.~B~

I used to visit them, in 2007 and before, then I stopped. In recent years, the only time I ever found anything even remotely close to coherency was when they had the secret LEGO Universe Alpha/Beta boards.Moderation is ridiculous, as well, and just by viewing parts of it, I swear I decreased in intelligence.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Visited the LEGO forums way back in 2006 or so - posted once, never went back there again.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I love them. They're a great place to go if you want to see some nearly depressing bring-back-BIONICLE drama.
BZP still has its own share if that, in certain places.
Maybe so, but it's not as depressing.But does BZP have Hero Factory shipping wars and overprotective parents? Edited by Gerlicky

I rarely go there. When I do I only go to the Hero Factory or Bionicle part, and I usually type overly large explanations about things that they are utterly confused about, normally around 3+ paragraphs long per explanation.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

How many of you use the Lego.com message boards? How often? What do you think of them?I occasionally use the bionicle forum, but not very often, because I think they are disorganized and immature. They are obviously made for younger kids."I don't think 627 WAT UR FAVORITE BIONICAL topics are enough, so I'll make another one!" :P
I use them often, though it is hard to have an intelligent BIONICLE conversation without weeding through dozens of BIONICLE IS NEVER COMING BACK topics (usually spelled incorrectly). I enjoy BZP a lot more.

I love them. They're a great place to go if you want to see some nearly depressing bring-back-BIONICLE drama.And Hero Factory shipping wars.And the reason why BZP doesn't allow dream topics.And overprotective parents if you know where to look.
shipping wars? i'm afraid i don't understand... though i haven't been there in a long time.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

shipping wars? i'm afraid i don't understand... though i haven't been there in a long time.
Anywhere you look, you'll find topics devoted to Furno x Breez and the like. These usually degenerate into basic flame wars.

If you found this text, know that Kevin isn't real.

He's a fairy tale to scare children.

30491886943_59e45988bd.jpgKevin. Is. Not. Real.

Then why are you here? :PSeriously, I think you are all exaggerating. They are small kids, after all. You can't expect them to be rational and mature, even less so in an online message board about LEGO. ^_^-Gata signoff.png
Sure, they might just be little kids like all little kids, but even if there were forums for precocious 2-year olds who acted like they were seven, that doesn't mean it'd be pleasant to be on there. Because there would be seven-year-old behavior.I've looked at them, lurking, but I wouldn't dare register. It seems like such a strange, twisted place. On one side however, they suck up potentially disruptive children that would have otherwise have joined FOL sites.I heard that there are shipping wars there. It might make it appealing to join.

Then why are you here? :PSeriously, I think you are all exaggerating. They are small kids, after all. You can't expect them to be rational and mature, even less so in an online message board about LEGO. ^_^-Gata signoff.png
Sure, they might just be little kids like all little kids, but even if there were forums for precocious 2-year olds who acted like they were seven, that doesn't mean it'd be pleasant to be on there. Because there would be seven-year-old behavior.I've looked at them, lurking, but I wouldn't dare register. It seems like such a strange, twisted place. On one side however, they suck up potentially disruptive children that would have otherwise have joined FOL sites.I heard that there are shipping wars there. It might make it appealing to join.
oh. so that was an answer... OK than weird name. Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

They're alright sometimes. The only time I check on it is when I go to the Ninjago messageboards to see if any Eleveners still exist. I've found a few but...the messageboards doesn't allow for custom contacting. Curses.But the messageboards are fine when they have sensible topics.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Wait, what do you mean? Weird name?
Shipping wars... never mind.
The term "Shipping" is short for "relationshipping" and comes from the fandom of the TV show The X-Files, but it can be applied to any fandom (regardless of whether it's one where there's a lot of romance). It's basically when fans talk about which characters should end up or will end up in a relationship. I'm surprised to hear that there's a lot of it on the LEGO message boards, since you'd think that a lot of the younger users would still be in the "romance is gross" phase.On a side note, I have made a dedicated effort never to ship Breez with anyone. She's said in Hero Factory FM that she's not interested in romance, especially with any of her teammates, and I'd like to imagine that she means it.