Lego.com Message Boards

Toa Turing

Geez, lots of hate around here for what's really Lego's target audience...
True. In my opinion, I think that the LEGO Message Boards are great for the ages it's targeted at, but the main problem why it can be such a bad experience is due to the lack of moderation (also the fact that users compete for post count, which is always a bad thing).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I never heard of them before I joined BZP, and given the amount of derisive comments about said boards, have no plans to visit them.And gee whiz, romance does not happen between robots, which HF heroes clearly are.
*Clears throat* that is wrong. view literally any tf series and you will find it.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I never heard of them before I joined BZP, and given the amount of derisive comments about said boards, have no plans to visit them.And gee whiz, romance does not happen between robots, which HF heroes clearly are.
*Clears throat* that is wrong.view literally any tf series and you will find it.
"tf series"? What is that?

True. In my opinion, I think that the LEGO Message Boards are great for the ages it's targeted at, but the main problem why it can be such a bad experience is due to the lack of moderation (also the fact that users compete for post count, which is always a bad thing).
Yes, there are a lot of unrelated or random posts out there.

The lack of moderation is quite ironic, actually. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The lack of moderation is quite ironic, actually. :P-Gata signoff.png
Yah. It seems like there aren't too many rules there. Instead, people create spam topics and start begging for posts in their topics. Too little moderation is also a reason why I don't go there much.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Decided to take a look at the message boards for the first time in half a dozen years or so - this is what I found.

ok so i was (and still is) a HUGE LEGO universe fan, a was devastated when they closed it. but i did some research and read posts and found out LEGO has agreed to work with funcom for a new LEGO game!!! it is circled around minifigures ( I think series minifigures)!! i have no clue when it comes out but i am so EXCITED! !!!! !!!!!

emotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gifemotion-39.gif

Posts like this is why I sometimes want to remove the ability to post image smileys.

Hey guys, why not agreed with me that a LEGO fighting game should be

amazing. Not like LEGO battels, I mean like hyper combos, asissts,chacters

(of course) story mode, arcade, boss battle and stages+themes.

How cool wouldn´t it to be seing Superman vs Darth vader?

Come on guys, agree with me.

emotion-2.gif

One of the saner posts I've seen so far. I actually like the idea, to be honest.

Hello, everyone, this is lukaplin12, and this is a petition to bring BIONICLE back! Please post if you want to add your name! If you say no, please don't post. It's just plain annoying. Anyway, let's start!

~lukaplin12

Typical topic in the BIONICLE sub-forum.

LEGO NINJAGO!?????????????? !! ! ! YOU'RE KIDDING ME! !! !! !!! LEGO NINJAGO IS

NOT

VIOLENT AT ALL! !! !! !! !! Agreed??

Typical errant usage of punctuation on the LEGO message boards. They're (mostly) young kids, I know, but still...All in all, the LEGO message boards seem quite immature compared to BZP and a few other LEGO forums I probably can't mention here. That's probably due to the higher average age of BZP's forum members, though. In fact, there were so many smileys in the original LEGO MB posts that I put up here, that BZP's forum software complained I had too many smileys in my post, so I had to edit some out.On a lighter note, seeing they still have the old custom forum avatars from 6-8 years ago made me feel nostalgic. :)

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Well, Hero Factory characters tend to be very human-like even if it's not realistic. Some of the story information even identifies the series' setting as "a universe populated by living robots". And since they seem otherwise capable of a full range of emotions, I would say that if they can't experience romance then they are at least programmed to imitate those emotions, which to an outside observer is really no different.Some of the Hero Factory FM segments have characters who seem to be married couples, not to mention Tibor Terrell's hilariously-bad "Hero Factory: The Musical" which treats Breez as a love interest for Furno (to the real Breez's disdain). So I don't think the "robots can't love" argument really applies. Sorry about the tangent.One thing I really wish on the LEGO.com message boards would be for a way of searching for posts by actual LEGO employees. Some of them, like Jamie Berard, do post occasionally, but IMO it's not worth digging through threads of mind-numbing speculation just in hopes of finding a glimmer of confirmation by a reputable source.

One thing I really wish on the LEGO.com message boards would be for a way of searching for posts by actual LEGO employees. Some of them, like Jamie Berard, do post occasionally, but IMO it's not worth digging through threads of mind-numbing speculation just in hopes of finding a glimmer of confirmation by a reputable source.
Now that you point that out, "Really good user profiles" is something else that should be added to the site. Maybe LEGO should install Invision, and then have it similar to BZPower and many other successful forums.. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.