BioCraft Chronicles: Minecraft Mata Nui Island Wallpapers

~kh

For those who don't know, the cast of The Three Virtues, including myself, has been working on a Minecraft machinima based off the first year in BIONICLE called BioCraft Chronicles. We've been working on it for over a year now, and have now entered post production on the movie. We hope to release it very soon.

To film the movie, however, we had to build the entire island of Mata Nui within Minecraft. Each of the Koros, as well as some other iconic elements such as the Nui Rama hive, Mt. Mangaia, the Great Telescope and more were painstakingly recreated as much as the boundaries of Minecraft would let us at the time.

While we do plan to open up the map in a hosted server after the movie is done, we also decided that it was high time to show off our creation, and thus have created high quality wallpapers of several iconic locations. We imported the map into a computer program that used path tracing to render out parts of the map in a higher quality than a normal screenshot would give.

vaOB2.pngtBx4P.pngKRlas.png

kcPou.pngIm7SD.pngq9FmB.png

nGujT.pngDczQK.png3WcMj.png

q6lYl.png

Imgur Gallery | Brickshelf Gallery | iPhone Wallpapers:

The map will be made available for download after the movie is complete

Expect more content soon, including additional wallpapers/renders, banners, iPhone/Android/iPad wallpapers, and much more.

Rotating Banner:

BioCraft.png

[center][url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6110"][b][img=http://pile.randimg.net/0/40/10143/BioCraft.png][/b][/url][/center]
Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 2

Looks great, Kahi! My personal favorite of these is Ga-Koro! The island also looks great!You should mention how these nearly fried your computer :Psig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

This is fantastic. Po- and Ta-Koro look simply amazing. I can't wait to see the film!

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Glad to finally release this to the public, and that people seem to be enjoying it. I personally love these; my favorite would have to be Ga-Koro. It looks quite amazing.Really appreciate all the work you did for this, Kahi.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

New rotating banner:

BioCraft.png

[center][url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6110"][b][img=http://pile.randimg.net/0/40/10143/BioCraft.png][/b][/url][/center]

Edited by Kahinuva

This is...wow.Will a download of the map ever be made available?

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Yeah. As has been said, after the movie's release, we're going to put up a server for one month to let people tour the island and check out all the sights, and maybe have some other things going on. After that runs for a few weeks, though, we're going to release the map for download to the public.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Yeah. As has been said, after the movie's release, we're going to put up a server for one month to let people tour the island and check out all the sights, and maybe have some other things going on. After that runs for a few weeks, though, we're going to release the map for download to the public.-Mesonak
Words do not describe my elation.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Whoa. You must have put a lot of work on this. Byte, you should remove one layer on the kaukau waterfall's top.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well, I am glad I decided to peek into GA. This is some really spectacular work you guys have done here - the level of detail is amazing, and like everyone else I can't wait to get a chance to explore it myself.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Alright, this is one of the few BIONICLE projects I am keeping my eyes on. It looks fantastic, the island looks professionally created, as do the Koros. I would be even more excited about this if I had Minecraft.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

I was considering making something like this, but now it looks like I won't need to. Will the server be accesible if you can only play the game offline?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

So, are we able to access Makuta's lair?
Yes.
I was considering making something like this, but now it looks like I won't need to. Will the server be accesible if you can only play the game offline?
No. There's still the offline map though.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ta-koro inside the volcano ? :dozingoff:
If I'm not mistaken, Ta-Koro is surrounded and built on lava and it does have mountain-like stone walls around it, but it is not an actual volcano. The one you're probably thinking of is Mt. Mangaia, which is a different location in and of itself.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ta-koro inside the volcano ? :dozingoff:
If I'm not mistaken, Ta-Koro is surrounded and built on lava and it does have mountain-like stone walls around it, but it is not an actual volcano. The one you're probably thinking of is Mt. Mangaia, which is a different location in and of itself.
I always thought that it was inside Mt. Mangaia :huh:

This is simply amazing. Really it is. I can't wait until you release the maps! Also I noticed that Le-Koro isn't using the jungle textured trees. Did you make it before the that update came out? It'd be cool if you could convert the trees to that texture :P if not thats cool.ALso I was thinking, there is a moderator so you can put your own NPCs. TechniPack I think? I might be wrong with the name. Anywho, it would be awesome if you could use that so that we could have actual Matoran and Turaga!

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

Wow. I've never played MineCraft, never really been interested in it. But this... this would be awesome to explore. Is it to scale?

Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

This is simply amazing. Really it is. I can't wait until you release the maps! Also I noticed that Le-Koro isn't using the jungle textured trees. Did you make it before the that update came out? It'd be cool if you could convert the trees to that texture :P if not thats cool.ALso I was thinking, there is a moderator so you can put your own NPCs. TechniPack I think? I might be wrong with the name. Anywho, it would be awesome if you could use that so that we could have actual Matoran and Turaga!
We made the actual Koros separate by themselves before compiling them all onto the map when we first started filming, which was last year, so yes, the Jungle biome was not implemented ingame at that time. We might be changing the biome data for that area for the server, but that really just depends on Var because he has the actual map data while I just have a copy of it for rendering purposes.The NPC idea has been bounced around here and again. I can't confirm anything about them, though. At this point, we're more focused on editing/post-production than the actual server map to be quite honest. Once we're done with that, then we can focus more about what we're going to have in the server. But the wait shouldn't (hopefully) take too long so don't worry.
Wow. I've never played MineCraft, never really been interested in it. But this... this would be awesome to explore. Is it to scale?
I wouldn't say it's exactly to scale, no; BIONICLE was never that exact when it came to measurements. However, it is really, really big, if that's what you're wondering. Having never been on the island of Mata Nui myself, I can't say much on the ratio, but you should have plenty of time to explore as well as participate in the adventure events we'll be hosting on the server once that is up and running.Thanks for the feedback, everyone. There should be a new wallpaper up soon, and iPhone/Android wallpapers are done and should be up in short while.

We made the actual Koros separate by themselves before compiling them all onto the map when we first started filming, which was last year, so yes, the Jungle biome was not implemented ingame at that time. We might be changing the biome data for that area for the server, but that really just depends on Var because he has the actual map data while I just have a copy of it for rendering purposes.The NPC idea has been bounced around here and again. I can't confirm anything about them, though. At this point, we're more focused on editing/post-production than the actual server map to be quite honest. Once we're done with that, then we can focus more about what we're going to have in the server. But the wait shouldn't (hopefully) take too long so don't worry.
Actually we already changed the biome to jungle a while ago.
untitled-4.png

Good to hear you guys will be making the map available for download. Gonna be very cool.Interested in the movie too as this is the first I've heard.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801