Bionicle Anime - Tahu

Astris Janus

Hey there BZP.Soo, my internet has been dead for a while and as a result I haven't been able to post this. And then I saw there was an Art Comp I could have actually entered... -_- *sigh*Anyway, I got this app for my tablet called Draw(er) and it has been amazing. This was the second image that I drew with it and I'm pretty happy with it. So, I present to you...

tahuthumb.png

(Black 'n' White version

here)

Will post a coloured version when it's done Coloured version now up! Comments and Criticism are much appreciated. Thank you! ^_^Astris Janus

Edited by Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Wow it's been a long time since I've seen an Exo Force reference. But thanks man! ^_^And now, the coloured version is done and up! Hope you guys like it! :DAstris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

It's pretty good, but needs more emphasis on the eyes and the neck seems to be a bit long.
Thanks man! Yeah, that was my second attempt at drawing eyes with that app, so it was bound to be a tad rough. The colour was a bit annoying 'cause I was trying to match the set's colour. And the long neck just seems to be part of my style. :PAstris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

Human Bionicle art? In GA? Woot.Seriously, thanks for the flash of nostalgia.* :DAnd for something drawn with a tablet PC, this actually looks very great. (I tried it a few times, and failed. Maybe 'cause of the app I had? Not sure) Having tried it out myself, I suppose it wouldn't really make sense to point out the scribblyness of the lineart, because hey, it's far better than anything I could do that way.The shading is nice, like the cel-shading style, but there could be more of it. As in, significantly more. Especially in the face, which seems a tad flat.Speaking of the face the expression is awesome. Really like the curve of the eyebrows, it's flowing quite nicely. ^^It also has something Tahu-esque about it. What it is, I'm not sure, but it's definitely there.The neck isn't too long, IMO. It's just that the collarbones are very low. They should be moved up a bit, which would change the impression of a long neck. (Excellent wording, huh? xD)Overall, it's a very nice drawing, and you earn extra points for creating something like that on a tablet. :fonz:Keep it up, I'd really like to see more from you in the future! :)*Back in, what, 2009(?), HB art was quite popular around here. With Nikira, B_D and Lady K still posting stuff. Boo hoo I feel so old ._.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Taka Nuvia post in one of my art topics...? :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY! :bowdown: :P And now that I've got that reference out of my system...

Human Bionicle art? In GA? Woot.Seriously, thanks for the flash of nostalgia.* :biggrin:
You're very welcome. :biggrin: I miss Lady K and B_D's art. Back in '06 before I joined I'd had seen B_D's work and I LOVED it! She's basically what inspired me to try my hand at anime. ^_^
And for something drawn with a tablet PC, this actually looks very great. (I tried it a few times, and failed. Maybe 'cause of the app I had? Not sure) Having tried it out myself, I suppose it wouldn't really make sense to point out the scribblyness of the lineart, because hey, it's far better than anything I could do that way.
I seriously recommend this app Draw(er). I've seen so many drawing apps and this has been the best. I've got an Android tablet and found it in the Android Market but I'm not sure it's available for iSO.The scribblyness is mainly because trying to get it looking exactly as you with one line is tedious and annoying. You end up having to draw a single line, erase it, draw it again, and it over and over and it takes forever. Besides, I think the scribblyness gives it character. :P
The shading is nice, like the cel-shading style, but there could be more of it. As in, significantly more. Especially in the face, which seems a tad flat.
Eh. Shading's never been my strong suite. I'll add more on the next one. ^_^
Speaking of the face the expression is awesome. Really like the curve of the eyebrows, it's flowing quite nicely. ^^It also has something Tahu-esque about it. What it is, I'm not sure, but it's definitely there.
Excellent! Exactly what I was going for! :biggrin:
The neck isn't too long, IMO. It's just that the collarbones are very low. They should be moved up a bit, which would change the impression of a long neck. (Excellent wording, huh? xD)
Will take into consideration. ^_^ (and amazing wording :biggrin:)
Overall, it's a very nice drawing, and you earn extra points for creating something like that on a tablet. :fonz:Keep it up, I'd really like to see more from you in the future! :)
Thank you very much! ^_^ And speaking of more from me... LinkAstris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous