Stickers Vs Printing

Takanuinuva

I'm not a preimer member so I can't make polls. So if this becomes a poll please add what I have written belowWhen it comes to the small details Lego needs to put on bricks. Do you prefer when they print the designs on the bricks or make stickers you have to apply. Note this does not apply to minifigures since they always have printing.Me I prefer both. Each have there pros and cons. Printing means no stickers to apply but if you want to remove the printing its takes a long time. With stickers you don't have to put them on but if you want the detail you have to use them and with some stickers its a pain to get them on right.So what's your opinionStickersPrintingI don't mind either

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I like both, for their own uses. For extremely versatile parts, especially ones which exist unprinted in great quantity (like, for instance, the Dark Stone Grey printed tile used in many Lego themes for computer terminals), I actually prefer to have them printed. These are the sorts of parts you're liable to use in great quantities, and having them consistent is a godsend. Printing is also good for tinier parts, or complex curved surfaces which stickers might not adhere to as well. One of the launchers from my Exo-Force Mobile Defense Tank has a sticker that refuses to adhere properly, since the set designers somewhat-sloppily dictated that it be added to the launcher's uneven surface.However, stickered parts have their uses too. Stickers can be unique to a single set, and can help to give that set its own unique personality. I loved the graffitied criminal vehicles in the most recent Space Police theme, being as they often were standard vehicles with Lego City branding covered in tags which often referenced things like classic Space themes or the set designers who worked on that particular set. Similarly, I loved the sticker usage in Exo-Force, which added more dimension and flavor to the already-fantastic Battle Machines. Another positive aspect of stickers is that, as Ballom mentioned above, they can be left off or even added to different parts if the builder prefers. This is great for when a builder wants to use a part in a rarer color: I still have printed parts from the early 2000s which are made far harder to use in MOCs thanks to their printing, like lime sloped wedge pieces from Zam Wesell's speeder in the Star Wars theme.I'm personally quite happy with Lego's current use of both printing and stickers. They use whichever method is appropriate for patterning a particular part, usually determined on a case-by-case basis.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For a long time I have been staunchly pro-printing, as I still am in regards to constraction lines. However, I have seen that the advantage that stickers have is that they provide a choice-- as to whether apply them or not, to modify them as one wishes. I have recently stopped putting them on sets, because I've seen that many times they can be useful later in creations. Printed pieces, provide you little choice, and if one wishes to utilize the piece for something other than its design, then you must hide that side from view, which is not always possible.

I'm not a preimer member so I can't make polls. So if this becomes a poll please add what I have written belowWhen it comes to the small details Lego needs to put on bricks. Do you prefer when they print the designs on the bricks or make stickers you have to apply. Note this does not apply to minifigures since they always have printing.Me I prefer both. Each have there pros and cons. Printing means no stickers to apply but if you want to remove the printing its takes a long time. With stickers you don't have to put them on but if you want the detail you have to use them and with some stickers its a pain to get them on right.So what's your opinionStickersPrintingI don't mind either
You don't have to be premier- you can simply contact any premier member to make the poll for you ;) I've taken the liberty of making one for you :)I prefer stickers, as with print, you don't really have a choice. Stickers are easily removed and placed back on, and don't have a single use.

doom4revalt.png

You don't have to be premier- you can simply contact any premier member to make the poll for you ;) I've taken the liberty of making one for you :)I prefer stickers, as with print, you don't really have a choice. Stickers are easily removed and placed back on, and don't have a single use.
Thanks this topic can be locked and redirected to the poll one

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I prefer printing. The stickers, especially the new ones tend to fall off more. Why the newer ones are less adhesive? I have no idea. Stickers also stand out whereas printing does not.
I'm not sure what you mean about newer stickers falling off. I've rarely had any problem with stickers falling off or peeling off parts, but those I have experienced and heard about from other people tend to be a problem with older stickers more than with newer ones. Of course, it's possible that there are factors like humidity which cause stickers to fall off more often for some people than for others.

I almost always prefer printing since I do not have a steady hand. The only exception is a specialized piece. I prefer those to use stickers just to allow that pieece to be used in other contexts easier.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

If it's a small, simple piece, printing is nice. For more complex designs, I prefer stickers, because they are optional to apply. Both have pros and cons, so I'm typically indifferent about them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I prefer stickers.Makes me feel like I am in control of what I'm building looks like.Convenient, so you can use them for what they weren't intended for.Printing on Bricks I don't mind, but I'm more of a Technic/Bionicle guy.Printing on Hero Factory pieces I find quite annoying, because I can't use the Breakout torsos how I want.Example: Whatever I make with Surge's chest plate HAS to be electric, because of the printing.

LlqByyh.png

Printing. Without a doubt.There really isn't much sticker putting on action figures anyway, so it really doesn't matter. However, putting stickers on Stormer XL's chest plate was such a pain, and that's probably the one time I didn't put every sticker on a set.System, though, is a totally different beast, and while I know that printing is expensive, please, would it kill TLC to print the controls in the newest ARC-170? Or even the stickers on the side of that SHIELD truck in the Cosmic Cube Escape? Or, hmm, let's see, the Scorpion Pyramid (my stickers are peeling off of it)?!? Let's not forget that dreadful time when you open the set and can't even GET THE STICKERS OFF THE SHEET because the sheet is curved. And when you do lift them, they're curved and useless.Eesh. In short, stickers stink.~TN:TS~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!