Worst piece ever

JPNML

For me the worst pieces are the DC and Marvel Ultrabuild heads. They are only good for the sets they came in. You can only use them to make other versions of the same character. Like the batman head can be only used for other batman mocs.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

The Piraka heads. Grotesque.

Mata-nui matoran heads. Pretty much useless and ugly.
Does being ugly matter when they're meant to be covered by a mask?The only fault I see with them is that they don't have coloured eyes, which was the result of having been designed for the McDonald's promotion which limited the number of parts they could have.

And kakamas don't fit on them :madgo:

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Visorak bodies (the light gray pieces under the shell). I'd be very surprised if those were useful in a good MOC, but that just seems impossible.Bohrok heads also seem useless outside Bohrok-based MOCS.And don't you dare get me started on the super mini gears. I have never seen one in a set.

mindeth the cobwebs

The Squid Launchers from 07. I know that other people have gotten them to work, but they never worked for me. :evilmad:And they weren't the coolest looking piece either...

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Squid launchers or the squids themselves. Poor design and not enough quality in the rubber. The bohrok heads work nicely on the backs on creatures, or as windshields on vehicles. The fray piece under the visorak top is an excellent vehicle base (I use it all the time), and the bohrok torsos you can mix together to form rahi torsos for larger creatures.

The piece I left on the floor that just happens to end up in my path at 4 am.Otherwise any large molded piece that can pretty much be used only for its intended purpose. I feel like these limit imagination.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

• 4 weeks later...
Things like the Ben 10 or the Marvel Hero sets. They seem pretty much useless for anything other than heads. -_-

I thought it was ONLY the heads that were useless? :PAnyway, for me, probably the Toa Nuva canister lids. When you look at them, you'd think they'd attach, but the few to which I've tried to attach axles have axleholes that are far too loose to be useful.

:glare:~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r::~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

You know those big dark gray bases that supported a lot of the '06 playset structures?Those sucked. I have a bunch of them in a bucket and I have no idea that to do with 'em. They're just so big and have essentially no uses.Also Mahri canisters, but I give them a break because their LEGO compatibility was a secondary function.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Lime green ball joints. Pieces that break fail.
Do you mean lime joints? Because they make lime ball joints, and lime ball joints are ... well, lime balls. Nothing breakable about them.
I was referring to the 2007 lime green joints that broke, whatever the proper term for it is.

umm Galidor parts. Nuff said.

And kakamas don't fit on them :madgo:
If they don't fit how does Huki's one stay on? Huh?HUH? Edited by helryx280

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 weeks later...
Not for me and Brickeens they aren't :PThe worst would have to be things like kanoka and hordika disks, hockey pucks, etc. They are extremely difficult to use other than their single purpose.
Squids.Edit: And Inika masks.
Felt the need to post this WIP I have lying around for a few days. Just saying XP
umm Galidor parts. Nuff said.
I actually see them as very useful. Their uniqueness is really fun to work with to me. I could name a bunch of amazing MOCs using them. Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Ironically almost all the pieces yall are claiming are worst are some of my favorite to MOC with. :PDid you know the squid heads fit in ball sockets and could be like fleshy spines on a large-ish MOC? Dunno if anyone's used this but it could be quite cool. I just have some yellow ones in yellow sockets as squidlike biomechanical creatures with those little lightbulb-like system pieces stuck in the sides for eyes.Piraka heads can be shoulders for a white MOC. (Used 'em for my version of Kopaka Nuva.)I'm also confused as to which Bohrok head pieces are supposedly bad. IMO all the Bohrok pieces except the brainpans are very easy to use, and the pans could be used as like giant fish scales or the like (and some have done so).All the small gears work great as styling on System minifig staff weapons, like medieval/fantasy. Stone columns, etc.Inika heads and masks I've found a few uses for, but admittedly not the best IMO.

The worst would have to be things like kanohi and hordika disks
Are you joking about masks, lol? But main reason I'm quoting is, do you mean the Rhotuka spinners? Hordika did not have disks; that was 2004, Toa Metru. And you can actually put plus-bars into the middle section of spinners to incorporate as propellors in MOCs.The Kanoka disks do seem to have no connectibility other than as disks in launchers though. I tried to get some things to attach to the little loops on the underside but no luck -- didn't try super hard though lol. Of course, just now I think of how cool they could look stacked in a constricting tower and glowing in the dark, like Star Trek warp drive engines. :PI would have to agree about the squid launcher in terms of MOCs as a candidate, though as a launcher it actually worked really well if you just followed the included instructions. They can be MOCed with but IMO they generally look weird. However, as a centerpiece of a massive wood-and-metal medieval ballista or the like it could look really cool.It really is very hard IMO to find a legitimately 'worst piece.' I'm sure there are some, but I don't know how to find them because whenever I see a supposedly "imagination-limiting" piece, that just makes me think of ways to use it, and enjoy doing so. I find they inspire imagination. You know, you look at the collection and see potential, rather than looking for what can't be used. If there are pieces that have too few uses, I haven't noticed them for the most part. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This.Or This. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I don't understand when people declare such stylistic pieces useless! Think of all the countless applications as components of machines for mechs, vehicles, starships, etc. I devour pieces like this when I MOC, since they have tech-like texturing smaller than studs, which is essential styling for many kinds of MOCs.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Are you joking about masks, lol? But main reason I'm quoting is, do you mean the Rhotuka spinners? Hordika did not have disks; that was 2004, Toa Metru. And you can actually put plus-bars into the middle section of spinners to incorporate as propellors in MOCs.The Kanoka disks do seem to have no connectibility other than as disks in launchers though. I tried to get some things to attach to the little loops on the underside but no luck -- didn't try super hard though lol. Of course, just now I think of how cool they could look stacked in a constricting tower and glowing in the dark, like Star Trek warp drive engines. :P
Oh my gosh, this is what happens when I post late at night :P I meant kanoka disks and yes the hordika spinners (I didn't want to confuse anyone because it might be seen as meaning the whole thing.)I've seen those hordika spinners used before, but it's not too purist to me seeing as it requires jamming an axle in there :P Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

...you can actually put plus-bars into the middle section of spinners to incorporate as propellors in MOCs.
I've seen those hordika spinners used before, but it's not too purist to me seeing as it requires jamming an axle in there :P
Why not? Normal Technic & Bionicle building involved 'jamming' them in sockets too. :P It actually fits just right, in case you're thinking it has to be forced in. You just have to angle it right. LEGO's all about flexibility in use. If a piece's design works just right without any problem, I'd consider that "purist." Only cutting, painting, or otherwise altering pieces wouldn't be, yeah?

...you can actually put plus-bars into the middle section of spinners to incorporate as propellors in MOCs.
I've seen those hordika spinners used before, but it's not too purist to me seeing as it requires jamming an axle in there :P
Why not? Normal Technic & Bionicle building involved 'jamming' them in sockets too. :P It actually fits just right, in case you're thinking it has to be forced in. You just have to angle it right. LEGO's all about flexibility in use. If a piece's design works just right without any problem, I'd consider that "purist." Only cutting, painting, or otherwise altering pieces wouldn't be, yeah?
I"m with you, Bonesiii. I'm a parts purist, but I'm fine with any connection, even if TLG wouldn't use it.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I see, but I don't think the larger circle would wanna go in the smaller hexagon- but that's just me. Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

Carapar's chest armor. Really gappy and over-sized. It would have been a bit better if it didn't have a large hole on top, and while you can use them in other ways I often find they are too big and you need to just stuff things down it to make it look better.Other than that most pieces are pretty useful, though some of them only for people who are really creative.

That Lehvak sig above me is hypnotising...Anyway, the piece I have a hard time using is generally the Toa Mata/Nuva body. Yes, I can use them on big MOCs but I only have a maximum of 2-3 of each one (and only one Tahu one).Despite doing a LOT of Bohrok MOCs, I find it hard to make a use of Bohrok neck parts.Otherwise, I'm just going to have to go with those annoying Inika heads.

Edited by Phovos the Raptor

I see, but I don't think the larger circle would wanna go in the smaller hexagon- but that's just me.
Since you said circle, just wanna make sure I'm not being too vague. :P It's plus-bars that fit in it, not tubes. It's a + shape going in the hexagon. If you use the low-friction half-tube / half-plus-bar, and put the tube side in any Technic tube socket piece, the propellor can spin that way. Anywho...