Worst piece ever

JPNML

I find it absolutely hilarious that almost every piece mentioned here has been a BIONICLE piece. No mention of Galidor, Scala, or Belville parts? Show some imagination, people!With that said, "worst part" is an extremely vague description. Every part is designed to perform a function, and most perform that function well. Also, a clever MOCist can find an unintended use for almost any piece whatsoever. If I had to name parts that were truly "bad", the two I'd name would be the axles of the LEGO Explore Super Truck and the faulty Power Functions infrared speed remotes because those are the parts that led to The LEGO Group's only two product recalls in history due to presenting a safety hazard.

I'd like to nominate this abomination:legoaintlistening002.jpg

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I'd like to nominate this abomination:(picture cut because it's massive and right above my post anyway)
To be fair, that part wasn't "never used again." Lego kept using that piece for years after its debut. I'm glad they've moved past it now, although it means that that piece's standardization has been replaced with a lot more specialization. Which is better for us end users, but probably worse for Lego's bottom line. Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

To be fair, that part wasn't "never used again." Lego kept using that piece for years after its debut. I'm glad they've moved past it now, although it means that that piece's standardization has been replaced with a lot more specialization. Which is better for us end users, but probably worse for Lego's bottom line.
For the record, it's not my image, although I agree with it. The worst thing about this mold was that it used a unique connection on the inside, which along with its awkward shape makes it one of ther last pieces one would ever think to use in a MOC. Even Galidor parts are more useful, as the image's creator can attest, and at least the more recent giant creature parts use standard technic connection points. Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Visorak bodies (the light gray pieces under the shell). I'd be very surprised if those were useful in a good MOC, but that just seems impossible.
I've actually used one in a design of mine. I may upload photos sometime as well.As far as the worst pieces go... well, probably one of the worst Bionicle-related pieces was the original Matatoran head. They can't even fit most Kanohi anymore, and they way they connect to the body makes it hard to use them for much else than the actual toys. Another is probably the Bohrok's interior body - it's not good for making much of anything besides Bohrok.Another useless piece in my opinion was the Piraka's "glowing eyes" function. It looked great with the Piraka heads and spines, but it just looks awkward on a Toa Metru head.Yet ANOTHER less-useful family of pieces was composed of the Inika's heads and masks. They were fairly annoying to work into any other design without it ending up awkward - though the heads can make decent shoulderplates for a less-flexible Toa of Air, if you're clever about how they attach.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

What I can't believe is that nobody has mentioned the '03 kohli balls. If they were brown zamor spheres, sure. But no. A wheel.
029.jpgAlright, so it's a cruddy photo of a somewhat underwhelming MOC. But I still would say a piece with a technic hole is more useful than a piece without any connection points whatsoever. :P

Visorak bodies (the light gray pieces under the shell). I'd be very surprised if those were useful in a good MOC, but that just seems impossible.
I've actually used one in a design of mine. I may upload photos sometime as well.As far as the worst pieces go... well, probably one of the worst Bionicle-related pieces was the original Matatoran head. They can't even fit most Kanohi anymore, and they way they connect to the body makes it hard to use them for much else than the actual toys. Another is probably the Bohrok's interior body - it's not good for making much of anything besides Bohrok.Another useless piece in my opinion was the Piraka's "glowing eyes" function. It looked great with the Piraka heads and spines, but it just looks awkward on a Toa Metru head.Yet ANOTHER less-useful family of pieces was composed of the Inika's heads and masks. They were fairly annoying to work into any other design without it ending up awkward - though the heads can make decent shoulderplates for a less-flexible Toa of Air, if you're clever about how they attach.
The inkia heads can be used for knee bads! :)

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Onua claws. The angle just makes it impossible to fit in anything and look half decent.
Ahem. Look at the black and sand yellow (dark tan) scales on this guy's shoulders.He's not mine, of course. He's by esteemed BIONICLE MOCist Cajun, and was featured at Brickfair 2006. Still stands out to me as an example of how well Onua's claws can be used if you don't limit yourself to thinking of them as claws.

I would have to say the Toa Mata bodies are pretty high on my list. They're just clunky, boxy pieces that don't really look good on anything unless they're hidden really well. Otherwise, it's a hard piece to use.~B~
I'm very surprised by this, I find the Toa Mata Pieces Extremely useful.

I find it absolutely hilarious that almost every piece mentioned here has been a BIONICLE piece. No mention of Galidor, Scala, or Belville parts? Show some imagination, people!
For the most part, Galidor seems (for the most part) made up of useful and well designed pieces from a MOCist view point. You just had to link one of those clunky torsos didn't you :P @Bones: I tried it, and after quite a bit of angling, got it in. Seems it works, just leaves a lot of room out. Just seems a bit off to me.

doom4revalt.png

Actually, I think Zarkan hit the nail on the head with those dino legs. At least there were other systems compatible with the Galidor joints.For me, this piece seems to come to mind as it was only compatible with two other pieces and those parts had to be a very specific alignment.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Actually, I think Zarkan hit the nail on the head with those dino legs. At least there were other systems compatible with the Galidor joints.For me, this piece seems to come to mind as it was only compatible with two other pieces and those parts had to be a very specific alignment.
You speak truth. I have a white one of those that I have tried many ways to incorporate that all failed.But yeah, Zarkan's example is even more spot-on.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Thornax. A bizarre blob of rubber with zero connection points. 'Nuff said.
At least the rubber bits could be used for friction, unlike the Zamor spheres.4065166705_ea7e722596_n.jpg
Now that is a very cool way to use thornax. Looks like some kind of alien bomb or alien egg.
You speak truth. I have a white one of those that I have tried many ways to incorporate that all failed.But yeah, Zarkan's example is even more spot-on.
that part may seem limited since it can only work with the two parts that make it fit. But i've seen those pieces used as a sword in a Roborider combo and as wings for a Grasshopper rahi I once saw on lego.com Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Okay well the only parts that are absolutely undeniably 99% useless are the McDonalds Galidor heads. You see that little thing on the bottom? No that's not an axle. No, it's not a pin either. It's this crazy rubbery hybrid of the two, made only for the promos. They went to the trouble of making this crazy connection point for these. I'm not sure if this went for all the sets/parts, as I only have that head, but I wouldn't be surprised. Also it does kind of fit into pin holes, but not evenly or securely. It being rubber doesn't help.

doom4revalt.png

• 2 weeks later...
Even though flat pieces are really useful, when they get stuck together..... just WOW. It is the hardest thing in the world to get them apart.
It's not that hard. Either use a specialized brick separator, or just use two differently-sized flat pieces (commonly called "plates") to pry them apart.

• 3 weeks later...

Lando's helmet. Old Dino legs. Stop signs.They're super-rare, hardly used, and only used for one thing, and never touched again by lego.The only single bionicle piece that I can never recall being used in some good fashion is...No piece. Like I stated, the only pieces that I've never seen used for again than the reason they were made for was the three I mentioned above.

Lando's helmet. Old Dino legs. Stop signs.They're super-rare, hardly used, and only used for one thing, and never touched again by lego.The only single bionicle piece that I can never recall being used in some good fashion is...No piece. Like I stated, the only pieces that I've never seen used for again than the reason they were made for was the three I mentioned above.
Really? I can think of plenty, if you're only judging by how Lego has used them and not how MOCists can use them. In fact, Bionicle has loads like that: Shadow Leeches, Cordak Blasters, and many other projectile pieces would count, as would a large number of Kanohi or other specialized headpieces (which were only rarely used for anything other than their intended purpose).If you take into account a part's potential uses in MOCs, however, there are far fewer "useless" parts; Lando's helmet at least could be used on fantasy or sci-fi figs or even as greebling on a larger MOC. Edited by Lyichir

Really? I can think of plenty, if you're only judging by how Lego has used them and not how MOCists can use them. In fact, Bionicle has loads like that: Shadow Leeches, Cordak Blasters, and many other projectile pieces would count, as would a large number of Kanohi or other specialized headpieces (which were only rarely used for anything other than their intended purpose).If you take into account a part's potential uses in MOCs, however, there are far fewer "useless" parts; Lando's helmet at least could be used on fantasy or sci-fi figs or even as greebling on a larger MOC.
I don't see the point in anyone making it about how LEGO uses them, because there's no opinion or discussion there. They used them how they did, or didn't how they didn't. Besides, MOCer potential is often the same as future potential for LEGO should they choose to go that route (although some connections they would probably never use as they have a policy about that, like plates sideways between studs).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm pretty sure they never have.

Actually, they have, in the USS Constellation. Many connections which are now considered "illegal" (that is to say, ones which are likely to exhibit undue stress on one or more of the parts) had been used in the past before Lego created explicit guidelines as to what is or is not allowed. A few still slip through the cracks every now and then, mostly ones involving the slight offset created when integrating System and Technic parts.

Actually, they have, in the USS Constellation.
Where? I found its instruction book online but didn't spot any.

What even IS that?

Which one? The first is from some water-themed sets, I believe like Alpha Team. The second is from the Bionicle playsets.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The gladatorian heads as they always break

I wouldn't call them "useless, since they have many useful attachment points, and even if they break that only weakens or ruins one of those attachment points. But you'll be glad to know that a part engineer for Lego on another site has confirmed that they are being completely replaced next year.

The rubber band holders that came with the bohrok. Most. Useless. Piece. EVER! I have tried to use it as a hammer, but the result was super cheesy. So I gave up and have never used it since.

They make awesome engine components. :)