Tohkann - New Artwork - "ta-Metru Encounter"

Tohkann toa of arts

A freakish mutant Nidhiki that looks like he was merged with that thorny Morbuzahk vine menacing who I think is Lhikan.... amidst a partially damaged area of Ta-Metru....THIS IS FREAKING AMAZAING!!!!! How long did it take you to do this? And in response to your hopes.... I do not like it..... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Brilliant job! t1ssig.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Oh I really like this. Not sure why Nidhiki would play with a vat of EP to turn this way but he looks truly great, very nice concept.Especially with the contrast o tiny Lhikan.The perspective is really great, very powerful too. What might give the painting a bit more atmosphere though would be a few more details in the background. For a giant factory there isn't too much going on the background there. But that's just a suggestion.Another thing would be adding a few orange highlights to the reflections of the pipes, which would add to the 3-dimensional feel of them. I do spot one mistake though: The light-source of the image is definitely the falling molten Protodermis, but Nidhiki's shadow is going towards those instead of away. You did it right with Lhikan though. Might wanna do something about that ;) But still, great job! Looking forward to seeing some more art from you!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Thanks for the feedback guys! ^_^ and yur tips Vezok's Friend! ^^ I actually did know about all of these, however, getting more stuff into the background was difficult and it somehow ended it being too much. I like the simplicity and focus on the subjects in this result. ^^ And yah SkullKid, im still here ^^. Really glad yur still here too! :D And @Makuta Dralcax, I think I will be posting the BRC topic on the new Music and Movies Forums now instead of General Art, for I think that will be the correct place according to the new rules. ^_^ -Thank yaz! ^_^--Tokhann T.O.A

Well, that's certainly...interesting. The colors flow well together, and for the most part I really like it. I think Nidhiki's head is too small, and the bronze/grey leg closest to us is also a bit too small. I'm not a fan of the extreme resize though; I get why you want Nidhiki larger, but Lhikan looks just too small. Overall though, in terms of artistic direction and talent, this picture is absolutely oozing. Nice work!

{Z}

Very nice, Tohkann! I like the crab-like body design you gave Nidhiki, and the contrast in size compared to Lhikan is a very nice dramatic effect. He looks good compared the reds in the background. Now, the broken pipe is really the only issue I have with this. It looks too straight and clean to me. I'd think the metal would branch out a bit and be more twisted (a very nitpicky technicality, but it still got my attention. ^^; ) Anyway, this is still a really great piece of artwork! Loving the colors and shading. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Very nice piece of artwork, I think Nidhiki found some energized protodermis, either that or someone shot him with a an enlargement Kanoka disk and/or a reconstitute at random disk. Regardless it apears Lihkan has a fight on his hands! :lol-sign:

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Whoooaaaa, when did Niddy become a titan? :o Other'n that, nice work, as everyone else has said. Would have to second ra-nubis in that he looks more like a sea-dweller, but it still looks cool on him. My ooone nitpick would be that maybe Lhikan is just a liiittle bit too tiny :P Cheers,- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.