Impostor Lego Piece Found in Kid's Nose

You know how in TV shows they make jokes about objects being stuck up characters' noses for years? Apparently that's a thing that actually happens from time to time, as six year-old Isaak Lasson discovered. Unbeknownst to him, three year-old Isaak Lasson managed to fold a rubber wheel in half and shove it into his sinus, where it grew a ball of fungus and caused him all sorts of health problems. <a href='http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/isaak-lasson-6-finds-missing-lego-piece-stuck-nose-years-article-1.1130718' target='offsite'>The original article</a> claims this wheel was a Lego piece, but it doesn't look like any I've seen. Besides, we all know genuine LEGO elements don't grow fungus.View the full article

According to the comment section, it's an ear bud cover (with picture).My favorite part is all the commenters calling the doctors "quacks" for not making the connection "child has infection -> he must have shoved a tire up his nose". Ain't how medicine works, bros.

OpAXNpl.jpg

How did it get in there in the first place?
He folded it up and shoved it in his sinus, as a 3 year old.Yeah I have I no idea why they would even think thats a lego.
same as you.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

it's a steering wheel from system
It's an earbud cover, actually. LEGO doesn't make flexible steering wheels.
I can confirm this, I had two or four like this.I can't understand how they could think it's a LEGO piece and how could have doctors missed it, sinus is strictly linked to nose, as far as I know. I thought these things could happen only in Italy...

Well, at least they got it out safely.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

That's quite a predicament he got himself into. The only real question here, is why they thought it was Lego.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

That Lego is a Spy!

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

It's funny how, seeing as this has turned out not to be a LEGO piece, this is actually a report on something totally unrelated to LEGO. :P-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

At first I thought it was a Megabloks Steering Wheel Piece, but as somebody said, it was an earbud cover.How dumb can these nonfollowers of Lego be? XDThey should've checked to make sure it was a Lego (or similar product) piece by actually trying to STICK IT ON A LEGO PIECE.Glad the kid got that thing out, though.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Like the article's comments state, that's probably an earbud, not a LEGO piece. LEGO steering wheels are rigid plastic, not rubber - on top of that, they're pretty much impossible to separate from their pedestal without fracturing/breaking the steering wheel in the process.

I don't know if this says something about the boy, people's lack of knowledge about what are LEGO pieces, the quality of newspaper that reports this, or about BZP news articles nowadays.
I think it says something about all four "things", for lack of a better word. Maybe BZP news quality aside.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Reminds me of the time when I was driving somewhere while building a small City set when we hit a big bump and the 1x1 round trans red plate I was holding got stuck up my nose. Thankfully I got it out quickly though. Weird how they thought it was a LEGO piece though. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

At first I thought it was a Megabloks Steering Wheel Piece, but as somebody said, it was an earbud cover.How dumb can these nonfollowers of Lego be? XDThey should've checked to make sure it was a Lego (or similar product) piece by actually trying to STICK IT ON A LEGO PIECE.Glad the kid got that thing out, though.
That won't always work. Try sticking a system brick on a HF cladding piece. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

That won't always work. Try sticking a system brick on a HF cladding piece. :P-Gata signoff.png
Plus, I wouldn't want to put some perfectly good LEGO piece on a piece of rubber/plastic with some unknown fungus growing on it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Plus, I wouldn't want to put some perfectly good LEGO piece on a piece of rubber/plastic with some unknown fungus growing on it.
Obviously you should wash and clean it first. :P-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I can't beilive multiple internet articles call that a Lego piece. Why would they even think that in the first place?
I'm not quite sure how people mistaken that as Lego. It doesn't even look like it could fit onto anything. Maybe some people haven't had much experience with Lego. Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg

I can't beilive multiple internet articles call that a Lego piece. Why would they even think that in the first place?
Most-likely because when the news sources interviewed Isaak and his dad, they probably called it a LEGO piece, therefore making the reporters believe the same thing, because they were told by a primary source. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick