Look at that, a rare System MOC! Granted, it's not terribly complex, but I had fun with it, as I don't often play around with System. Mostly built before BrickFair, it was improved afterward with some of the parts seen here.For those of you not familiar with my writings, this is the icy mountain Mount Tongaru, of Terra Nui, the summit of which is the highest point on the island. Its position relative to the rest of the island can be seen on a map of Terra Nui. Speaking of which, at this scale, the entire island would probably be about three feet in diameter, I estimate.

main.jpg

^Gallery^

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The MOC also contains several features of the mountain that appear in my epics. There's the Xotohk hive entrance, the Otasuva shrine, the cavern of the prophecy (depicted in artwork here), and the Xotohk hive exit.That's about it. If you're intrigued by the areas specifically identified, or Terra Nui in general, more information awaits at Akito's Archive, my library.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I like the rocky/icy look to it that you made with all the slope bricks. :)Is it openable?
Thanks. :) I was also pleased with how the trans-white cheese slopes looked, when added.It's actually pretty solid, with beams throughout, so it doesn't really open, per se, as there's no fully hollow interior.~B~

It looks so detailed and rocky. It doesn't look too simple and it seems you've worked hard on this.This is one of the best mountain MOCs I've ever seen.
Well, it didn't take too long to put the whole MOC together, but it was pretty fun nevertheless. And, I was glad to be able to buy the new bricks at BrickFair to improve it with. :)~B~