--- Decepticon Tyrant ---

Zorrakh

00.jpg_thumb.jpgPlease Click for a Larger PictureGallery (When Public)Robot ModeTorsoTop view with turbines unfoldedHead side viewArmLeg side viewTailClaw (Can be opened and closed)Looking down the barrelTransformation1 (Back panels removed for easier transformation and picture-taking)23456 (Beams removed to rotate torso and replaced in next step)78 (Back panels reattached to ball sockets, legs removed for easier transformation and picture-taking)9 (Back panels need to be "zipped up" and connected to side panels) 1011 (Tail connects to top section and bottom section using pins)1213Beast ModeHeadTop | 2Turbines unfoldedSize comparison with Tahu MataI started this the first of January and finished it the fourteenth of March, so it took about two and a half months to build... Yeah... :P I had it built for Bricks by the Bay 2012 in Silicon Valley, CA and it won the Best Bionicle/Hero Factory Villain. Many of the children loved it and a lot of adults did, too, including other attendees and those that were there for the public day. I transformed it a couple of times there.It takes about 15-20 minutes for me to transform it.It is very heavy. :PHeight in Robot Mode is about three feet, and in Beast Mode length is about four feet. As far as I can tell, this is the largest TransforMOC ever created. :biggrin: The tail would connect to the hand in Robot Mode, however it can't support the extra unbalanced weight.The main influence for this is Transmetal Megatron from Beast Wars, who is the best Megatron, yesss...Robot Mode | Beast Mode | InstructionsI'll take some more pictures and upload them later. Please post your comments and thanks for looking. :) Edited by Zorrakh

Truly, the only word sufficient to describe this is "wow". The sheer amount of pieces, the skill required to not only design a 3-foot tall bionicle that looks incredible, and then make it TRANSFORM into an equally stunning tyrannosaurus rex? I really can only praise this moc. This literally stands head and shoulders (hahah get it? :P) over any transformoc, and many mocs I've seen. Excellent work.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

HOLY SLAG! I do have one critique, but it is only to the title. This Megatron was a Predacon, yesss...I love seeing TF's adapted into Bionicle. I've done it myself too, though in drawings rather than MOC's, because I do not have the sheer number of parts to make these. However, this appears to be way more complicated than anything I ever dreamed up!Second, I have made transforming MOC's as well, but they had terrible alt modes. This, however, is solid.Now let's take the above chunk of text and call it a prologue to the actual review. That's all it is, really.The beast mode first. I like starting with the alt mode so that the robot is more shocking. This is just awesome. I love how you pulled off the jointed tail, and his rollerblades are beautiful. I remember how he managed to make the act of rollerblading intimidating in one episode, yesss..Those turbines are also excellent. The only sad part is it needs that support to stay standing. Oh well, too awesome to complain about that!The head is much more intimidating up close. Not only did you give it all those fangs and the jaw, but you went to the trouble of making a tongue!The top is awesome, with all that armor and the spikes. Really looks like an intricate and detailed Transformer, more so than the show incarnation. It feels like a Movie adaptation of BW Megatron, more easily noticed in this angle yet apparent at all others.Now that is an incredible rear top. Not quite symmetrical, but patterned and solid.The turbines really are great, they look like they're about to shred something. A better head angle would have worked in that pic, but that's no flaw of the MOC.Tahu Mata is that small next to it? AWESOME. I love huge MOC's. I used to dream of 2010's titans being like this after I saw the growth from 2001 to 2006 and was disappointed. Now...MEGATRON, TERRORIZE!Sorry, couldn't resist. On to the robot mode.It really captures that top-heavy look. To a random passerby, it looks like a flaw. But to a BW fan, it looks amazingly accurate! The sheer feat of not having to use that support thing for the robot mode impresses me.The head sculpt isn't great, but I suppose that would be impossible with Bionicle parts.I see you can get the turbines behind his shoulders, yess...looks cool, like a jetpack. Still awesome how that doesn't make him fall over backwards.The head really looks inaccurate from the side. Or maybe it's just the crown. Either way, I did manage to find an issue, the overall head.The arm is cool. Small enough to look like the proper show-accurate proportion to his shoulders, yet solid. The legs are still cool. Can you actually move them to rollerblade position?The tail is just...wow. I can hardly imagine the tedious work that went into segmenting and scaling this tail of perfection. The claw is also cool, especially with how it can snap. (Going by the rubber band on that one...)I can see you paid attention to detail with the barrel in the claw, yess....Overall, I can only sum this up in one word.Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss..........................

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Is this well constructed? Yes.Is it well designed? It could be much, much, much worse.Can it stand up on it's own? No, sadly.Because the limbs are too short and thin, better suited for a smaller torso. So many MOCs of that scale suffer from that very problem. If you have the parts, beef up the arms and legs, if not, the torso components need to be redistributed throughout the MOC.I love the colour scheme, though, it's certainly a Decepticon.The waist is rather narrow. The hips need to be spaced a bit wider. The way you used parts, and where you used them is appropriate and interesting, the level of detail you put into this MOC is fantastic.I'm not saying this MOC is sloppy, just structurally compromised.I like this MOC and would like to see a revamp at some point.While there were things you did wrong, in my opinion, there were some many things you did right.While I would like to rate this MOC higher, but this is honestly how it scores. 7.5/10Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

I'm typing my feedback headless due to my head being blown off. Dude, I love everything about it. The colors, the look, the size! How long did that thing take to make?I am also very impressed that you are able to make it transform. That's my favorite feature.

mindeth the cobwebs

turtleman: Thanks. :) In robot mode it's about three feet (give or take a couple inches).Takanuinuva: Thanks. :) Is there anything in particular that you like?FF Ice Master: Thanks. :) Unfortunately, there are a few things I can think of that could use improvement. :PRanubis: Thanks. :) It takes a lot of patience and parts. :PTNG Prime: Thanks. :) I decided to start with the Robot mode because a lot more people liked it in Beast Mode and I wanted to save the best for last. :PI wish I could have gotten the wheels to fold out (it can), but there wasn't really a way to get it to support the weight.The whole scale was actually based off of the turbines (I had been wanting to do something with those inverted treads for three years) and the wheels, and I think it worked out for the most part. I was shooting for trying to get it to stand on its own, but there is just too much weight and lack of a good center of balance and I don't have enough of those large click joints.Yeah, I need to work on the hindquarters.Instead of making it like Megatron from Beast Wars, I decided to just base it off of the general structure, since there are plenty of official Transformers toys that are retools (slightly modified versions) of other molds, and I didn't have nearly enough purple and brown.Unfortunately, there is a stand for the Robot mode, but it doesn't look too obvious in the pictures.The tail, aside from the first three sections, was actually pretty easy to make, as I knew I wanted to make it more skeletal so as to cut down on the weight. The claw does snap, yessssss...Thanks again.Killer_Myr: Thanks. :) Unfortunately, something on this scale is really hard to get to stand on its own, mostly due to the fact that the center of balance is wonky and I don't have enough of those large Technic click joints for the waist. The torso and limbs are actually pretty accurate to the Hasbro mold, as I watched reviews of the figure many times to get the correct scale so that everything would line up; I would have been pretty lost otherwise. The arms are just a tad thin, I think, like you said, however the because of the way they fold up in Beast Mode it is difficult to get any more thickness added to it.I've got another idea for a large Transformer, but I first have to see if I have the right parts to build it, so I'll probably work on that before I make any modifications to this one (which I do plan to do).Thanks again.Sybre: Soul Shinipire: Thanks. :) It took about two-and-a-half months to construct (I started in January and finished in mid-March), however I had been looking at reviews, pictures, and transformation instructions prior to that. I was waiting for my family and I to take down the Christmas tree so there'd be enough room for me to build and for us to walk through the room. :PThanks again.EDIT: I just found out there's a limit to the amount of Emoticons used. I think that says a lot. :P

Edited by Zorrakh